I'm pretending that I posted this just after midnight, since I just took some Nyquil. Yeah, yeah, I know... we GAIN an hour to sleep / play on the computer, but I'd still really like to SLEEP instead of playing on the computer as I have in past years. (not likely it'll happen, but you never know!) I also just talked to my grandma on the phone: it was a VERY short conversation, but at least I did the courtesy thing, haha. Steph's apparently helping Eric with the Powerpoint tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. I left her a message, too. (I remember that last year, baby Amos and all the kids were really whacked out with the backwards time change... just wait till you get older, kiddies!)
Eric's just popped on MSN to say that I may potentially want a ride to church tomorrow, according to Jon. They're taking him early to GCBC... and why didn't my mom tell me that when I was JUST ON THE PHONE WITH HER?! Maybe she didn't know, but now I have Eric telling me to calm down: there's no need to blow a gasket. haha. For that, he gets a weird metaphor about water and squalls! He has "a desire to see a ministry of healing" between me and my sister, and Jon's now popped up on my screen too! Brother assumes Eric will pick me up, which will be cool enough!
Corey gave me an update on Jane: seems she phoned him from the hospital, and he figures that they've put a temporary pacemaker in (since she doesn't know the English word for it), with plans for a permanent one later. Her heart wasn't beating fast enough, so it's no wonder she's felt drained and tired for a while now! The lousy phone connection combined with the fact that he'd stayed up since 9 or 10 PM last night made things very fuzzy, but he could understand what she was talking about. No clue what caused that, but she'll be in hospital for another week or so.
Here's a survey I stole from the latest posts page... I don't think I've done it before:
1. WHAT MADE YOU SMILE YESTERDAY? Seeing how cute Gwyneth and Evelyn were. Yeah, I'm easily satisfied sometimes...
2. WHAT WERE YOU DOING AT 8 THIS MORNING? Sleeping!
3. WHAT WERE YOU DOING 15 MINUTES AGO? Talking to Grandma for the first time in a few months.
4. SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU IN 1995? I got my first Hotmail account, haha.
5. LAST THING YOU SAID ALOUD? "Oh, crap!"
6. HOW MANY DIFFERENT THINGS DID YOU DRINK TODAY? Water and iced tea.
7. WHERE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND(s) RIGHT NOW? At home, I'd guess.
8. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR TOOTHBRUSH? Blue and white.
9. LAST THING YOU BOUGHT? Blueberry-lychee bubble tea with pearls and coconut jelly from Dragon Ball.
10. LAST GIFT YOU RECEIVED FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? Zen Tazo tea from Andrea.
11. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR FRONT DOOR? Brown.
12. WHERE DO YOU KEEP YOUR CHANGE? Everywhere. Bad habit, I know.
13. WHAT IS THE WEATHER TODAY? Sunny and cold.
14. BEST ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Cheesecake!
15. SOMETHING YOU ARE EXCITED ABOUT? Vivian's dinner and / or the pumpkin carving at Melia's. Leaning toward the dinner, as me around knives is NOT a good idea! (and not for the murderous reasons, either!)
16. LAST RAINBOW YOU SAW? Long time ago.
17. WHAT SIZE SHOE DO YOU WEAR? 7.
18. DO YOU HAVE ANY SISTERS? Yes... one biological one, and many spiritual ones.
19. ARE YOU VERY RANDOM? Yes.
20. HOW DO YOU WANT TO CUT YOUR HAIR? Eh, longer than it is right now.
21. ARE YOU OVER THE AGE OF 25? Yes.
22. DO YOU TALK A LOT? Sometimes.
23. DO YOU WATCH THE O.C.
24. DOES YOUR SCREEN NAME HAVE AN "X" IN IT? Yes.
25. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE CALLED STEVE? Yup.
26. DO YOU MAKE UP YOUR OWN WORDS? Sometimes.
27. ARE YOU TICKLISH? Yeah, I guess so.
28. WHERE'D IT GO?
29. NAME A FRIEND WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH THE LETTER "D": Dianne.
30. NAME A FRIEND WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH AN "A": Alan.
31. 4TH PERSON ON YOUR MISSED CALLS? Uh... probably Eric M. when he wanted to get in here on Sunday.
32. WHAT DID THE LAST TEXT MESSAGE YOU RECEIVED SAY?: N/A.
33.: DO YOU CHEW ON YOUR STRAWS? Sometimes.
34. DO YOU HAVE CURLY HAIR? Sorta-kinda.
35. WHAT IS THE NEXT CONCERT YOU'RE GOING TO? No idea.
36. WHO IS THE COOLEST PERSON IN YOUR LIFE? I have no idea.
37. WHAT SAYING DO YOU SAY A LOT? "Yeah, sure... "
38. WHAT IS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Vegetable soup.
39. HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE DONNIE DARKO
40. DO YOU HAVE WORK TOMORROW? No.
41. EVER BEEN HUNTING? No.
42. IS MARRIAGE IN YOUR FUTURE? Probably not, the way this is going now.
43. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAID "I LOVE YOU" AND MEANT IT? I tend not to use that word.
44. WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING RIGHT NOW? Getting ready to sleep.
45. DO YOU HAVE A NICKNAME? Sarne, Dragon Lady, etc.
46. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT? Not really.
47. ARE YOU A HEAVY SLEEPER? Somewhat.
48. LAST TIME YOU USED A SKATEBOARD? Never.
49. BEST MOVIE YOU'VE SEEN IN THE PAST TWO WEEKS? N/A.
50. WHAT KIND OF CELL PHONE DO YOU HAVE? A non-existent one.
51. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Children of Bodom.
52. ARE YOU CURRENTLY DEPRESSED? No, just tired.
53. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? No idea.
54. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SONG? Too many to choose from.
54. COOLEST MUSIC VIDEO: See above.
55. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? Glasses, shorts, long-sleeved shirt, underwear.
56. CURRENT ANNOYANCE: The way my hearing seems to be going downhill.
You don't need a campfire, wire hangers, or long sticks to make this popular marshmallow, chocolate, and graham cracker dessert. Steven Spielberg's Dive! chain of theme restaurants is the inspiration for this recipe. You need only four ingredients, an oven with a broiler, and a serious sweet tooth to put together this delicious dessert previously enjoyed only on camping trips and at beach parties.
2 whole graham crackers (4 sections, not separated)
two 1 1/2-ounce Hershey milk chocolate bars
16 large marshmallows
2 tablespoons Hershey's chocolate syrup, in squirt bottle
1. Preheat the broiler. Arrange the graham crackers side by side on an oven-safe plate (such as ceramic). You can also use a baking sheet.
2. Stack the milk chocolate bars side by side on top of the graham crackers.
3. Arrange the marshmallows on the chocolate in 4 rows -- 4 across, 4 down.
4. Broil the dessert on the middle rack for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows turn light brown on top.
5. Remove the dessert from the oven. If you used a baking sheet, carefully slide the dessert onto a serving plate. With the squirt bottle, immediately drizzle the chocolate syrup over the marshmallows in a sweeping back-and-forth motion. Drizzle the chocolate diagonally across the dessert one way, and then the other, creating a cross-hatch pattern. Allow the chocolate to overshoot the dessert so that it creates a decorative pattern on the serving plate as well. Serves 2-4.
Labels: 1995, andrea, bubble tea, computer, corey, dianne, dragon ball, eric m., evelyn, ice cream, jane, latest posts page, maxed-out tags limit, msn, recipes, sleep, steve, surveys, videos, water