Let's eat the expensive oil of oregano soap!
Partial list of grads next weekend: Karen Lew (not here), Vanessa (maybe), Melia (maybe), Sarah C., Emily L. Julie S., Ivan, and Chris... should be good times!
1. Eric, on mysterious hairclips and friends: "Well, he doesn't have the hair for that clip! And if he hasn't seen the guy in six years, then I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of! [a friend someone's staying with] Oh, and you always cause trouble / are weird, so don't deny it!" (I agreed with him about the grad banquet, but I disagreed that I was responsible for the BC Lions losing yesterday!)
2. Our Bible Study group, trying to come up with plans for an outing two weeks from now: "Let's spike the punch on the beach so we can avoid the police's all-terrain vehicles! [JOKE] Let's have beer at Jen's! We could have hot pot on the beach, but it's too hot for that even WITH my propane! It's weird how you can smoke pot on the beach, but not drink alcohol. I've had marijuana tea before - it's kinda like chamomile! Oh heck, let's just have a more refined version of going to T&T for meat and buns 20 minutes beforehand!" (Jeremy later tells us that he found some Youtube video of a guy bathing in marijuana - seems he paid $100 expecting to get two ounces of the stuff, but the South African economy is different than ours, so he got 200 POUNDS!!!)
3. Jeremy, on stinky tofu after I told him how we banned my mom from making it in the house: "You know, stinky tofu would be a GOOD COVER for how full your garbage can gets these days with the garbage strike! Or how about stinky tofu deodorant?! I gotta sell that!"
4. Christon, comparing various wacky combos at Dragon Ball: "Oreo cookie, guillingao, and black plum is not really drinkable! But Jeremy's combo beats Jon's because green tea, red bean, and black plum IS drinkable!" (I agreed wholeheartedly, while ordering raspberry-lychee... I also let Jen and Karen use my card)
5. Dylan, on Alan and Liz's wedding in October: "They asked me before if I were going, so I guess I have to!"
6. Dylan, mixing up Eric and Jeremy: "Hey Jeremy, are we doing offering?" (Vivian, Jen, and I all wondered where his brain was since we saw the direction in which he was looking!)
7. Eric, on tomorrow's fireworks plans: "Well, you could always bus downtown and I could meet you somewhere... but if you're going to get lost, maybe I'll just call you after we're done watching the movie at Vivian's!" (sounds good to me, since I'll be sure my phone line is free!)
8. Jon, on Danielle's voicemail: "Hey Danielle, I hope you don't mind... but I recruited everyone (Dylan, Eric, Leslie, Jen, Vivian) to go to the fireworks tomorrow. Can you save us all spots?!" (everyone laughed, and Jeremy remarked that she'd have to check the tide tables to assure herself two metres of space on either side!)
9. Jeremy, on the fireworks in general: "It's like a refugee camp, only it has outhouses and running water!"
10. Jeremy, on soap-making and beer: "Brewing beer is pretty good... Jen, you should come! I want to make the extra room into a beer cooler for the winter. [I say that he better make sure that his guests don't sleep in there] Yeah... 'just sleep in the living room - trust me!' I want to make 20-litre kegs of stuff... I have homebrew on tap! As for soap-making, I have to buy a bunch of lye and make sure the pH isn't too caustic or else my birthday / Christmas present will burn your skin! I don't want castor oil even if it's the cheapest kind... tea tree would be expensive, and oil of oregano would be very yummy. I'd just want to eat it!"
11. Jen, after learning that Jon and I tried talking to Harmony and Korey respectively every day: "Oh good. Now I don't feel like a freak because I talk to Greg just about every day!" (they walked out on POTC 3 since it was REALLY BAD!)
12. Peter, on Benjamin's impending sibling: "It better not be a boy, or it'll be too competitive. Then again, if it's a girl, he might just pick on her! He already gets jealous when Stella's with other kids, such as if she's holding Megan's hand!" (Karen described this as "thinking he owns her!")
13. Jon, on Korey and me: "HAHAHA, he called you a cougar?! That's great! What's the opposite of a cougar? Not a cradle-robber, since that's the same thing! [Eric contributes "cougee"] That's the perfect word! So what does it feel like to be a cougar? No, I can't ask Harmony because she got annoyed pretty fast with that!" (I know just how she feels... and in fact, Jon called JUST to make cougar noises into the phone!)
14. Jon, on Cranium and my knowing word definitions: "THIS is the person you want on your team! She knows this obscure stuff from Bathroom Readers!"
15. Quan and me, trying to get Jon out of our way: "JON! GET OFF US! WE'RE GOING TO TOPPLE A CHAIR!" (which we did)
16. Dylan, on Jon's jumping up and hitting the ceiling: "Jon, you need to set an example! Is the church even technically ours anymore? [after getting confirmation from Jen and Vivian] See?! What if you break the ceiling?"
17. Jeremy, on a beer festival at Dix tomorrow afternoon: "It's not every day you get to sample a cask ale from Brooklyn! Each sample is four ounces, so after eight of them, you're already at two pints!"
18. Jeremy, on International Standards Organization: "Yeah, the hydrogenated [which he kept mispronouncing] fats and trans fats had to come from somewhere... and I want to make something that has ISO as a name! Seriously!" (Eric brings up margarine and butter's marketing as good / bad for you - and if you've been doing something for centuries without incident, the newer stuff that's come out in the past 100 years has got to be the culprit in bad things like cancer!)
19. Dylan, on the fireworks: "I wish I could go, but I've had too much sun and I've been out too much in general." (after hearing this, Jen wonders how he could pass on Korean food!)
20. Karen, on how she met Sheena: "Cindy was trying to comfort her in the bathroom, and I really needed to go!" (there are worse ways to meet people, I guess!)
21. Eric, on the grad banquet: "Have I ever been to Aberdeen before? I know we went for SLB at Northern Delicacy, and then we watched A Fish Called Wanda at my place afterwards. I might have seen Seventh Heaven Café then..." (that movie was too funny - let's sniff socks, boots, and our own armpits whether on honeymoon or not!)
22. Dylan, on my not having a cell phone: "Actually, it's a godsend! You know how people call you with plans, and then change their minds five minutes later. This way, we actually have to make a plan for the fireworks and STICK WITH IT!" (Jon thought it would make things harder, which prompted this gem)
Labels: alan, alcoholic drinks, amusement, bathroom readers, bubble tea, christmas, christon, dragons, drugs, emily, fellowship, football, jeremy, karen lew, korey, maxed-out tags limit, quan, sheena, vanessa, videos, wishes