Well, I'm curious. So here is a list of 15 statements.. pick out the three lies from the truth, people. :P
I won't reveal the real answers until later on.
1. I went to Disneyland when I was three or four years old. In fact, one of my first memories is of the We're A Small World After All
ride. (too bad I don't remember anything else of the trip!)
2. I used to play the piano, but had to quit after I had a major panic attack at a recital while attempting to play a Bach sonata. You didn't have to convince me not to continue it after THAT. (hyperventilating = not good)
3. I used to have a crush on Eric, and be totally in love with him. However, my feelings gradually cooled to the warm affection I have for him now. (he's definitely funny, and was nice about it while it was going on!)
4. At one particular church summer conference, I touched Vernon when I brought him flowers and a handmade card because he wasn't feeling well. (Thetis Island had beaches and pretty scenery, too... plus phosphorescence!)
5. I would have had four siblings, but two of them died while they were in my mommy's tummy. (in Hien's words when she met me for the first time) If they hadn't, my mom always used to say that we wouldn't have had Jon and Steph. We may have had them.. who knows?
6. My eyesight is very bad.. in my baby pictures, it seemed I was always holding my finger very close to my eyes. This resulted in my having to wear glasses when I wasn't quite two years old.
7. When I was in Gr. 9, I had to have an operation that was supposed to help me walk better. I missed some weeks of school, and had to get around in a wheelchair / with a cane for some time afterward.. I also used to have a brace on my leg when I was a kid. (sometimes I wish I had that cane now, to go berserk with :P)
8. I used to have to go for physical therapy as a child, and swim in the pool for a few hours a week. It was on one of these trips that I first realized the significance of Daylight Savings Time. (losing an hour, then gaining it back)
9. A few years ago, I participated in a video for my friend Winnie's bridal shower. The video involved using sanitary napkins as fashion accessories: belts, headbands, bracelets, etc. Very hilarious stuff! (yes, this is why the guys among you NEVER would want to go to a bridal shower! :P)
10. Out of all the church guys my mom wants to match me up with, I've only ever had a crush on one. Besides, I'm not sure marriage between us would ever work: Rich and I have the same last name. (but we're good friends!)
11. At junior high, I was always picked on by certain people. Leanne Giroux and I would have screaming matches at lunch hour; Chau Ho falsely claimed she was my friend so she could write "GET FUCKED" in my yearbook; and Jason Leonard once pulled down my pants as I was deciding what to get from my locker one day. (and he only got garbage duty for it.. I say he should have been suspended!)
12. Speaking of yearbook inscriptions, Daniel Yeung would always write: "I love you! Will you go out with me?" We were good enough friends, but I never took him up on his offer. I wonder what happened to him and the others I met at school...
13. I once went on a San Francisco road trip with my family and Vivian's family. That trip was infamous for several reasons, including the origin of the Richmond Crew "bombing" jokes. (no, I'm not going to tell you what it means.. and if you DO know, please shush :P)
14. I have a violent dark thing inside of me that could explode into action at any moment. So watch out if you provoke me to the extreme.. I haven't killed anybody yet (and probably won't), but I've fantasized about it many a time! (sorta like Everclear... NOT like James Elledge
15. Ten years ago, my family used to host Japanese students who were here to learn English. It was quite the educational experience for both them and us, and the girls would always cook us dinner at least once during the few weeks they were here. (they'd take two hours to do it, and we'd clean it up for them!)
So pick out the truth from the lies.. I will reveal the answers later. :D
Labels: daniel, eric m., family, james, jason, karen lew, leanne, maxed-out tags limit, music, poo, redrum, school, serial killers, sex, sick, stupid idiots, susan, vernon, videos, winnie