Well, sleep has proved elusive... grr! Maybe it was all the tea I had at dinner! Also, my Firefox dictionary reset itself AGAIN when I restarted the computer earlier: I hate when that happens! I had a lot of words in that thing! Since I can't sleep, I'll give you three links and a list of metal music moments. Gotta love the alliteration, haha.
1. There is an old saying that "there is no such thing as a coincidence," but whether or not you believe in Fate, it is hard to argue with the fact that sometimes extraordinary circumstances conspire with uncanny synchronicity. OddWeek.Com presents the 20 Most Amazing Coincidences
, a highlight reel of happenstance that will challenge even the most skeptical of readers.
2. Fans of the TV show Seinfeld
will remember that the brilliantly insightful sitcom first coined the term "re-gifting." For those of us previously unfamiliar with this ethically-challenging verb, it is clearly defined in Webster's New Millennium Dictionary of English as "to give as a gift something one previously received as a gift." With the motto "Really, you Shouldn't Have," Regiftable.Com
is part forum, part etiquette guide, and part tribute site to the underground world of re-gifting. Read about the five "W's," hear stories from fellow re-gifters, learn tips to avoid getting caught, as well as other artful devices to help you through the uncomfortable, hilarious, yet all too frequent dilemma of what to do with a present you don't want.
3. Depending on the situation, words can be powerful tools for communication, a medium for art and humor, or just "all talk." If you love history, or just have a dark sense of humor, you are bound to appreciate the Last Words Browser,
an online collection of the final words uttered by famous people. Browse the index alphabetically and read the last words of well-known authors, poets, politicians, composers, dictators, prophets, scientists, artists, royals, and other famous figures in human history. Spoken just before their passing, these memorable finales include passionate sentiments of faith, profound philosophical statements, and unbelievably callous and witty jokes. Our personal favorite was uttered by Oscar Wilde on his deathbed: "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."
List taken from VH1's 100 Most Metal Moments
, courtesy of Nick. Kaitlin would probably LOVE this! ;)
100. Ozzy Osbourne shaves eyebrows off his sleeping bandmates.
99. Poison screen potential groupies with the aid of a video camera.
98. Faster Pussycat singer scratches crotch with fan's prosthetic arm.
97. Judas Priest replaces Rob Halford with tribute band singer.
96. Alice Cooper kills a chicken by throwing it into audience.
95. Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley is electrocuted onstage.
94. L7 singer throws her used tampon into the audience.
93. Guns N' Roses' Slash hires bodyguard to carry him home when he's drunk.
92. David Lee Roth hires midgets and female body builders as security team.
91. Stryper start oxymoronic Christian metal movement.
90. Faith No More's flopping fish flap.
89. Quiet Riot performs at Michigan nudist colony.
88. John Wayne Bobbit porno has cameos by metalheads Lemmy and Vince Neil.
87. King Kobra singer has sex change and goes from Mark to Marcie.
86. Jimmy Page replaces Robert Plant with Zep-clone David Coverdale.
85. Sam Kinison's Wild Thing
video features appearances by metal's A-list.
84. Alice In Chains' Speedo water slide ride leaves little to the imagination.
83. Crazed Slayer fan carves logo in arm, and makes it into band's album artwork.
82. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine talks smack in Ireland, and needs armed escort out of country.
81. Def Leppard have mid-show sex parties underneath the drum riser.
80. Ted Nugent becomes legal guardian of his 17-year-old girlfriend.
79. Ozzy Osbourne drug binge begets cat massacre.
78. Whitesnake cast Tawny Kitaen in video and create a metal super-vixen.
77. Marilyn Manson rubs his business on bouncer's head at show.
76. Devil statue that urinates Jack Daniels becomes a stage prop for David Lee Roth.
75. Mötley Crüe makes groupies pee in litter box to meet the band.
74. Aerosmith big mouth gets arrested for potty mouth.
73. Warrant's Cherry Pie
video puts an end to subtle sexual metaphors.
72. Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx ODs, dies, gets revived, and ODs again.
71. Pantera singer's very own "House Of Shock" incurs Christian wrath.
70. Kiss markets coffins which double as beer coolers.
69. Mayhem embody black metal with suicide, homicide, and cannibalism.
68. The Plasmatics cause havoc on Tom Snyder's Tomorrow
67. Rage Against The Machine bassist arrested for climbing on VMA set mid-show.
66. Mötley Crüe meet the Canadian Mounties, and lose porn.
65. Aerosmith's Steven Tyler casts daughter Liv as stripper in Crazy
64. Biohazard pull prank on Slayer involving stupid friend and feces.
63. Manowar set Guinness record as world's loudest band.
62. Guns N' Roses deliver profane, drunken acceptance speech at AMAs.
61. Bon Jovi's arrival signals birth of "Hair Metal."
60. Homeless man claims to be "down and out" Kiss drummer Peter Criss.
59. Septic truck driver becomes singer in Tesla.
58. L.A. Guns singer sits in salad and serves it to fans.
57. Pete Steel of Type O Negative reveals his metal in the pages of Playgirl.
56. Skid Row scores metal's first #1 debut on Billboard charts.
55. Sex tape featuring Poison's Bret Michaels and Pamela Anderson sex tape surfaces.
54. Metal horror flick Trick Or Treat
features Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne.
53. Motörhead drummer freaks out on Absinthe, and goes on hotel streaking spree.
52. Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx sets himself on fire in the name of showbiz.
51. Cynthia Plaster Caster starts casting the hammers of the rock gods.
50. Foo Fighter Dave Grohl pays homage to metal roots with Probot
49. Led Zeppelin's John Bonham leaves stinky surprise in groupie's shoe.
48. Iron Butterfly drink too much and birth In A Gadda Da Vida
47. Metallica go after Napster and 317,377 copyright infringers.
46. Megadeth's Dave Mustaine feuds with MTV's Rikki Rachtman.
45. Gorgoroth defile Pope's hometown with sheep's blood and mock-crucifixions.
44. Def Leppard's Joe Elliott gets burned on Foolin'
43. Plasmatics' Wendy O. Williams engages in death-defying stunts.
42. Beavis & Butthead's paternal lineage is revealed. (Their dads were roadies for Mötley Crüe, I believe.)
41. Anthrax trash a fan's house for MTV, and appear on Married With Children
40. Ace Frehley, Kiss' spacey guitarist, claims intergalactic abduction.
39. Mötley Crüe's Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee compete in stink and score fest.
38. Ozzy Osbourne pees on the Alamo in wife's dress.
37. W.A.S.P.'s Blackie Lawless sports exploding codpiece.
36. Marilyn Manson makes Satanic affiliations official.
35. Tenacious D pay tribute to Ronnie James Dio.
34. GWAR's bloody stage show gets them in trouble in Georgia.
33. Kiss put the makeup back on.
32. Poison guitarist C.C. Deville goes ballistic at the VMAs.
31. Mötley Crüe's Vince Neil challenges Axl Rose to boxing match on MTV.
30. Parents make Aerosmith's Steven Tyler guardian of 14-year old groupie.
29. Tipper Gore's P.M.R.C. tries to curb filthy rock lyrics.
28. David Lee Roth cuts head with sword but the show must go on.
27. The Decline of Western Civilization - Part II, The Metal Years.
26. Motörhead's Lemmy contributes to the delinquency of a minor reporter.
25. W.A.S.P. fans display affection by pelting band with meat.
24. Judas Priest dispels backwards masking myth.
23. Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page buys mansion of famed occultist Aleister Crowley.
22. L7 raffles off one-night stand with drummer.
21. Mötley Crüe's Tommy Lee steers boat without his hands.
20. Van Halen awards roadies who guess the groupie of the night.
19. Ozzy Osbourne, Bon Jovi, and Metallica play Moscow Music Peace Festival.
18. Def Leppard offer obscene backstage passes.
17. W.A.S.P. guitarist gets hit by flying rump roast.
16. Heavy Metal Parking Lot
15. Faster Pussycat drummer receives a special drug delivery.
14. Kiss' Gene Simmons sleeps with over 4,600 women and has the pics to prove it.
13. Dokken guitar solo ignites actual volcanic eruption.
12. Axl Rose attacks fan at Guns N' Roses concert and starts one of many riots.
11. Poison revolutionize information maintenance systems with groupie database.
10. Def Leppard drummer loses arm, but keeps rocking.
9. Led Zeppelin's mud shark incident.
8. Groupies rate rockers sex romps and sizes online.
7. Ozzy Osbourne and Nikki Sixx compete in gross-a-thon.
6. Judas Priest's leather-clad "Metal God" comes out of the closet.
5. Spinal Tap premieres.
4. Mötley Crüe release autobiography The Dirt.
3. Dio popularizes "Devil's horns," the universal hand-signal for heavy metal.
2. Black Sabbath's Tony Iommi sacrifices fingertips to create metal guitar sound.
And the #1 most metal moment...
1."Hear N' Aid" benefit album unites metal nation for the good of all.
Labels: coincidences, computer, death, james, joe, kaitlin, links, lists, lyrics, mark, maxed-out tags limit, michael, music, nick, presents, restarts, tony, videos, weird stuff, wendy