2011 Yearly Recap / December 2011 BBT Tally
pudding @ Big Orange (Thursday, Dec. 22)
Oreo cookie @ Dragon Ball (Friday, Dec. 30) [free, thanks to Chinese Eric!]
This is the 2011 Recap. Fitting for the last day of the year, no?
* Watched MANOS - with commentary - and TRON while having hot pot with white Eric, Jon, Harmony, Jen, Jason, Dianne, Nathan, Raymond, Ray [a little person!], Isabel, Wesley, Christon, Jeremy, his brother Mark, and Trish at Jeremy's... also had dinner at the HOHOHOs (fish bladder soup!), then went to Peter and Holly's to watch half of DESPICABLE ME!
* Hung out here with Eric Ho... unfortunately, he had to leave my place early since he wasn't feeling well. :(
* EPIC 21st BIRTHDAY AT BILLIE'S with her, Aaron, Scott, Shawn, Dorna, Sara, Patrick, Lars, Samantha, and Alana!
* Teunis came to stay again!
* MissionsFest 2011: thank goodness we located Chinese Eric!
* Chinese New Year Eve lunch at the townhouse, spending time with Grandma at Aberdeen Mall, and then the LONGEST Chinese New Year Eve dinner EVER at Shiang Restaurant because we waited an hour for the food to arrive and another hour for the fish and dessert!
* Chinese New Year dinner at the townhouse combined with Super Bowl viewing - got to see Lisa again, which is nice!
* desktop conked out, so THANK GOODNESS that I have this laptop from Chinese Eric, AND a computer geek living with me!
* the Morrills treated me to De Dutch Pannekoek House
* celebrating Steph's birthday at the townhouse - STATUS HIJACK!
* double monitors!
* Grandma's 91st birthday dinner at Neptune!
* hung out with Chrystal at the usual places - she was happy with her candy!
* small group outing at Cattle Café with Eric / Martin / Christon / Kevin / Cindy / Jane / Geoffrey
* had pancakes with cheesecake batter between them for Mardi Gras)
* JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE - thank goodness that Justin L. / Trevor / Melissa were all okay!
* heard GOOD NEWS about Steph and Lisa!
* hung out with Steph and Lisa - Nando's Chicken, Marble Slab Creamery, and Chapters
* FINALLY updated my Matthew Good collection, and found the Prank Calls 2 CD from Corey!
* hung out with Vanessa - yay for Caribbean rice!)
* met Tess (tara_knight) for the first time
* Harmony's belated birthday dinner at the Tapenade
* met Cat (catmcroy) for the first time
* hung out with Vanessa before she went back to Victoria - went to Ikea and Specialty Chicken and Wonton House... SWEDISH FISH!
* ramen, Nathan's Asian research, and the HOCKEY WIN at Jeremy's!
* went to Deer Garden with Auntie Ying
* LOST my stuff on the bus - luckily, Translink found my bath mat and such!
* went to Chinese Eric's and watched a 7-2 loss with him, Citrus, Jeremy, and Nathan
* went to Jeremy's to watch a 5-0 playoff loss... WHAT THE?!
* Easter Sunrise Service
* had an "Easter" dinner with Steph, Lisa, Teunis, Jon, Harmony, Eric, and others at the townhouse
* had an SLB hangout at Shanghai Wonderful with Nathan, Eddie, Eunice, Steph, Lisa, Eric M., Jeremy, Christon, and Teunis: NOSTALGIA!
* FINALLY finished inputting names and interests in my LJ game posts!
* had pulled pork, cornbread, "collard greens," and spicy coleslaw at Jeremy's while watching a 3-2 win in Round 3
* went to the Burnaby Heritage Village Museum with Teunis (his childhood!), and then to the DF BBQ to talk with Amanda / Hien / others - good times!
* went to Jeremy's to watch the 3-2 OT win against the Bruins just 11 seconds in!
* went to Jeremy's to watch the 5-2 loss in Game 6
* went to Jeremy's to watch the 4-0 hurtful loss in Game 7 plus the hockey riot footage
* hung out with Chrystal at London Drugs / Miyabi Ramen
* Awana BBQ at the church
* hanging out with Billie at Metrotown
* hanging out with Vanessa at Yaohan
* Jazz Festival at Granville Island with Eric, Christon, Jeremy, Cindy, and Vicky
* dinner at Miyabi Ramen with Cindy and Deb
* Teunis finally moved out to a new place downtown!
* finally finished the epic dungeon and space adventure project... 9086 JOURNAL ENTRIES TOTAL!
* Janina's package arrived: a card with mini dog stickers, squirrel stickers, dog print stickers, bear stickers, bird stickers, "Excellent!" cherries stickers, a sticker of Elmer Fudd playing basketball, an "Experience the new better game" blue blank card with a pinball machine, BABYSITTER'S CLUB / Twisted Whiskers (cats / dogs / fire hydrant / bones / hairspray / "Dander B-Gone" spray) / scratch-n-sniff banana stickers, a "Mr. Lunch" cow / chicken / mouse with cheese envelope, a "World's Bliss" Maui postcard, a "What Dreams May Come" Hawaii postcard, a Raven Images wizard with a crystal ball postcard, a fairy postcard, a "Don't Freak Out" postcard, a "Let's Turn This Into A Math Problem" postcard featuring arsenic poison into a beverage (HAHAHAHA!), and a "human body" postcard featuring an "eater" / Diet Pepsi bottle / "lack of Diet Pepsi warning system."
* went to Jeremy's with Eric for a Nathan movie discussion night - CHINESE ERIC WAS THERE!
* hung out with Chrystal at White Spot: ADULT PIRATE PAK DAY! :D
* finished EARTHBOUND!
* finished DRAGON WARRIOR 1, but was sick of level grinding
* discovered the ZSNES
* finished DRAGON QUEST 1... later, I hung out with Steph and Lisa for dinner at Sushi Han, and dessert at Timothy's later
* had to stay out all day - celebrated Eric's 30th birthday with elk / bison / pork chipotle sausage, pina colada with rum, plantains, and more hilarious times at Jeremy's!
* finally had time to finish DRAGON WARRIOR 2!
* finished DRAGON WARRIOR 3
* my own birthday celebration - beating Mom to it - at Kalamata Greek Restaurant with Jeremy, Mark, Nathan, Deb, Dylan, Chrystal, Eric H., and Harmony... I slayed the "bitchy Yazmine ending our friendship over 50 cents" memory dragon!
* finished DRAGON WARRIOR IV
* went out with Christon after Fellowship to celebrate my birthday
* my birthday also coincided with the start of AWANA
* I allowed Paul to stay over when his apartment was burned down, but it didn't end well due to his BLATANT DISRESPECT!
* Mom's Lemonade Pork Chop Extravaganza - at least Teunis could make it!
* finally finished BREATH OF FIRE II
* finished FINAL FANTASY VI
* Thanksgiving dinner at the townhouse
* hung out with Chuck and Andrea while they were in town
* finished FINAL FANTASY I and II: DAWN OF SOULS plus SOULS OF REBIRTH and SOULS OF CHAOS
* gave up on MOTHER 3 because of the lack of infinite oxygen codes!
* hung out here with Eric H. to see the Canucks win 7-4 against the Capitals, and eat Pizza Hut
* had a crazy dinner with Jon, Harmony, Steph, and Lisa - announcements galore!
* finished MOTHER 1 / EARTHBOUND ZERO
* visited Cat, and had a good time just talking!
* finished LUFIA AND THE FORTRESS OF DOOM
* Jon's 30th birthday extravaganza - also had healing between me and Randal
* Started to get Christmas cards and things from the awesome people at
* visited Grandma at the respite centre on one hour of sleep (unintentional)
* finally finished MOTHER 3!
* hung out with Chrystal at the usual place!
* finished FINAL FANTASY IV ADVANCE
* finished FINAL FANTASY V ADVANCE
* hung out here with Eric Ho... watched the Canucks win 5-3 over the Leafs, then went to Richmond Centre / Chapters / Lansdowne afterwards!
* bad stuff
* Boxing Day dinner at the townhouse; thank goodness that Eric Ho could make it!
* hung out with Vanessa at M&M Meat Shops / Chapters / Ironwood / Specialty Chicken and Wonton House; later, I hung out with Chinese Eric / Nathan / Jon / Harmony at Dragon Ball
Labels: 2011, amanda, billie, bubble tea, bubble tea tallies, chrystal, eric h., eric m., friends, harmony, jeremy, matthew good, maxed-out tags limit, parties, recaps, shelley, trevor, vanessa, visitors