Saturday, November 04, 2006

Purell threats, crazy punctuation, sitting on people, BORAT, beards, being morbid, El Pollo Loco

Darn LJ doing work, since that means I'll be very behind on it tomorrow! Looks like I'll need to backdate entries yet again... wooyeah. (not)

Tonight, Eric claimed that I never answered the door... yeah, the phone was off, and I forgot to turn it on. I kept on mishearing things he said, which led to some crazy accusations. Threatened him with a double dose of Purell hand sanitizer if he mentioned a certain subject again, and told him that I was going deaf. (it could be true, since I'm older than I used to be!) Eventually, we got to church, where he told me that he had to leave and pick up his friend Korey - things didn't work out well in Vernon for him, and he'd just come back from visiting his mom in Powell River. We wondered how Dylan would fill up a whole program with talking about Bible Study: let Pastor Edward talk for half an hour, and then have an hour-long group discussion of various questions! I think our group had a good talk about stuff, so maybe this new thing WILL be good for me... who knows? (gotta keep focused and look at Dylan all the time... I just shouldn't do what Jeremy's dad did once, and look at the Bible in preparation for my next remarks while someone's sharing!)

Jeremy shared various crazy ideas with us, such as his crazy punctuation marks. A question mark combined with a colon, or a question mark combined with an ellipsis might be useful in some circumstances! (such as a list ending with a question mark and a colon) He asked if I wanted some bottled water from the refreshments, but I already had some... however, I took one for home since he said it was so good! (134 parts per million) There were some buns with shredded pork (not shredded chicken) in them (Jeremy had rice and pork fluff for dinner one month when someone gave him a LOT of it!), plus thinly-sliced apples and Chinese pastries with imitation crab meat, and some Diet Cola which only one person took! After the program was over, we went upstairs to say hi to the Resonate people: we could see hockey pool stuff going on courtesy of Steph's laptop hooked up to the overhead. Cordia, Quan, and Joyce were playing Christmas tunes on the piano: NOOOOO! Nathan told me that a bunch of them were going to see BORAT tomorrow at 9:25, and I got a ride for that funny movie from my sister! (must tell Henry to drop me off at the townhouse tomorrow... or I could bus it, but I'm not sure what time the bus runs...)

Jon and Jeremy discussed bottling beer tomorrow, the Yaletown Brewery on Sunday, and some other stuff. Jeremy and Eric decided to battle each other with their water bottles, while Citrus playfully beat up Mike after he discussed his new computer parts with the guys. (makes me wonder where I'll get mine!) When Jon heard "sit on him!", that was all the motivation he needed to stop talking to Joey about stuff... he just ran to the aisle and sat on both Citrus and Mike. Steph explained various wrestling references to Danielle, who then told me that she'd missed Eric on MSN when he'd messaged her. I told her that all he ever did to me on MSN when I didn't reply for a while was ask whether I was (still) in the bathroom, haha! (he confirmed that) Saw Dallas, and talked to him for a bit... a bunch of us decided to take over Dragon Ball, so we went. Danielle just wanted to go home and sleep: sometimes I want to do that too! Like I said to her, it's cool going out and such... but even if you stay up after you go home, you can just go to sleep whenever you want and not have to stay awake for an extra hour or so because you're not home yet!

I had a peach-pudding bubble tea with pearls and coconut jelly, and our group took over three tables! (Ray, Vivian, Karen, me, Jon, Eric, Jeremy, Karen Grace, Christon, Vania, her two friends, Dallas, Sheena, Donald, Steph) We told Jon about our Bible Study discussion, and talked about old fashion magazines: Katie Holmes BEFORE her corruption by Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, rings encrusted everywhere, umbrellas, Avril Lavigne looks, etc. Dallas and I switched tables, everyone helped everyone else get their bubble teas, Jeremy helped me get my number when I forgot it, and we talked about homeless people / Tinseltown / sample sales / Asians looking younger (Jon thought my getting carded at the liquor store was hilarious!) / church acronyms (Vancouver Chinese Alliance Church's VCAC is so German!!!) / Jeremy without a beard (he showed us his ID card from two years ago... such a difference!) / Vania putting a lot of thought into thinking about what Punjabi men looked like without their beards / BORAT online tickets / other things. We joked about finding Indians who weren't Sikh anymore and trying to convert them, with the sole purpose of asking them how it felt when they shaved their huge beards off! (Jeremy says that you can feel every single breeze for at least two weeks before your skin feels normal again)

Eric had to leave early to look things up online for Korey's trip back to Ontario: the guy called him at least three times, and each time Eric wasn't home yet! Dallas, Jeremy, and I went with him: we encountered a big deep puddle, which was fine... good thing the grass wasn't a swamp! We discussed electric trolleys, stealing power, TV, Jeremy's roommate Darryl downloading stuff, UGLY BETTY, Youtube / Google, the bridge closure, opening the windows ("no steamy activities back there!"), and other things while dropping the guys off. After that, I thought Eric was talking about the crazy traffic when he was really calling me crazy, and concluded that I was losing it! We kinda got lost after taking an alternate bridge home, but we figured out where we were going soon enough. He told me that the first thing he saw on Youtube was something about a stabbing at Aberdeen, then noted that my voice grew more excited when he mentioned that... hey, it's not my fault I'm interested in morbid stuff! (I should really send a bunch of people the link to the Morbid Fact of the Day / archives, hahaha) Good times, haha.


El Pollo Loco (Pollo Asada)

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 4 Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Chicken, Cheese / Eggs

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 cup White wine vinegar
1 cup Olive oil
1/2 cup White wine
Oregano
Thyme
Salt
10 milliliters Garlic -- mince
1 1/2 teaspoon Hot sauce

Mix all ingredients and marinate two whole chickens which have been cut in half. Marinate several hours in refrigerator. Grill chickens slowly until done.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home