Monday, October 30, 2006

Finally throwing away the white bread! / Tricking Grandma / Benching people

I'm getting into Tri-Peaks again. Fun stuff, except when you lose a whole bunch of money in a crappy hand. :P

Today, I got some healthy stuff from the store: granola, flaxseed bread, 12-grain bread (both from Dempster's), yogurt, and soy milk. I think it's time for me to be more conscious of what I put into my body, though I know it's nothing without exercise. Too bad I forgot the margarine, but it's too cold now to go out again to buy some. However, I did remember Chung and Karen's wedding card... and I got to throw away the white bread my mom gave me! I know it might seem wasteful, but I really don't eat that stuff either... one of my mom's suppliers at work gave her the Dempster's loaf, so at least it's not like she bought it herself! (but I might probably have done the same thing, truth be told) After I got home, I took a long five-hour nap... very much needed, heh. Reminds me of when Vivian said Norman was gross for having one of those, but might as well get it while you can! ;)

Why is my Awana uniform STILL in my knapsack? I don't get it... but Tom Cochrane is LIVE on the radio! Yay for that! Heh, my sister said that Grandma's still under the illusion that Mom works Saturdays and Mondays, when in fact she's just on-call and doesn't really work anymore on fixed shifts. I think she decided to go to Dressew today to further that illusion, since apparently Grandma follows her around all the time when she's at home! Too much stress, I suppose...

Corey just told me: "At the moment, my team consists of Ghost Rider, The Human Torch (and since Mephisto's dimension is full of fire, their immunities to fire helps), Spider-Man, and Iron Man. :P Wolverine and Captain America are also on my team, but they're on the bench right now." That amused me and made me think of hockey just because he used "on the bench," so I had to explain benching players in hockey (pools) to him. He still doesn't understand, but whatever. It was quirky! :D

He explained the game thusly:

[20:23:16] Corey: yeah... what does that have to do with a term?? you do that for a whole game or season or whatever
[20:31:48] Corey: now I'm using Thor, Spider-Man, Ghost Rider, and Wolverine :P Thor isn't on my team, but I did just add Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider to my team officially... we're headed to Asgard, so I'm bringing Thor along too, even though he's not on the team :P
[20:32:55] Flami: Stupid grammar errors are my major pet peeve!: I just like it :P
[20:33:15] Flami: I thought you were doing like Marvel Comic characters.. now you're in Norway?!
[20:41:19] Corey: Asgard isn't even on Earth!
[20:41:59] Corey: and right now we're in Doctor Strange's house in New York, but after I talk to people here we're teleporting to Asgard, where I'm sure we'll have to fight Loki and the Enchantress
[20:50:16] Flami: I thought it was in Norway!
[20:50:32] Flami: what game is this?
[20:59:40] Corey: uh, it's like heaven for Vikings, so people that believe in it are in Norway, and similar areas :P this is Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.. which has tons of big Marvel heroes and bad guys all in the same game.. Dr. Doom rallied all the bad guys to cause some major chaos, so Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. rallied all the heroes together to stop them :P
[21:01:01] Corey: and it has Blade in it, even though he's way more popular in movies than in comics... he really sucks in the game... he just has a sword and a gun and no real super powers :P compared to being Thor or Iron Man where you can kill 5000 people at once with some mega blast thing... Blade takes forever to kill anything

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home