Thursday, November 02, 2006

Personal projects, rain, butter, missing experiences, dreams of cakes and prudes

I probably should go and spend time with my grandma today, but it's raining (or threatening to) and I could use the extra time to work on this project I have going. I've finished tagging random_musings and my personal journal, and now I just have to do the same thing with 5000survey and RQ. Grandma doesn't like going out in the rain anyhow, as it messes up her hair... so I'm home free! Speaking of journal stuff, there's a community for the machine that runs Joule. Maybe it will be back soon... I hope so! (the person who told me this said not to tell anyone, but I gotta post it here for posterity!)

What the heck is with this butter?! The tub claims it spreads well... it just doesn't spread well on bread compared to margarine! But then what else am I supposed to use it on? Oh well, I'll still keep it. Hey, the Canucks are in Minnesota tonight.. whee!

I find that I now miss having someone with whom to talk to during the day, who wouldn't mind my buzzing them with weird stuff. Sure, I had that before... but that was an experience in itself. Oh well... Corey thinks I should practice OKCupid hookups, but I disagree for obvious reasons! Maybe I'll leave my OKCupid screen on all the time, haha. I did get IMs from there, but not really anything which panned out.

Had a weird dream in which a few friends and I had to get a couple of ice cream cakes for AnjyB and her two kids. One of the cakes looked quite nice, up until you got to the cake topper decoration: it was of two naked angels! We quickly decided that it wouldn't be kid-friendly, so we stashed it in the freezer. After that, my brother got hungry, so went into the fridge to raid the mix of muffins, vegetables, and drinks in there. He threw out all the green onions, declaring that they weren't any good since he'd seen newer ones at Chinatown. After figuring that AnjyB would get back with her kids soon, we discussed what to do with the offending white ice cream cake. Since we knew that she was somewhat of a prude, we decided to eat that whole cake at once. The funny thing was that it tasted like a Chinese dessert and NOT ice cream at all! No, we didn't get it at those funky shops in Chinatown, either! Once she and her kids were in sight, the dream ended. Interesting...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home