Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I can't believe I got ID'ed at the liquor store!

Hey, there's a Morbid Fact of the Day, the MFDJ archives, My Brush With Morbidity archives, The Morbid Forum Du Jour, The Morbid Fact Du Jour Discussion List, and The Library Eclectica! They are all good morbid fun. :D (no, this is not my newsletter - I just love it so much that I want to advertise it, haha!)

Very nice... courtesy of Janina, who got it from Alicia. This is the stuff I'm into, har har. :D


I just got back in from shopping some more, since I forgot the butter / margarine yesterday... I could get a $10.93 reimbursement because I forgot my Save-On-More card yesterday too. Seems I was going to cash a cheque at the bank, but I forgot! At least I paid my hydro / phone bills online before I left, and scheduled a recurring monthly transfer of money from my chequing account to my savings account... this will help me save money, perhaps! This is what I bought from Save-On, Shoppers, and the liquor store after I went to the bank to get some cash (partly to pay my bill at the dentist's):

* whipped Foothills butter from Calgary that says it spreads 35% further than regular butter (250g... Corey's right about the non-chemical stuff coming in tubs, and it's next to the margarine)

* some Olivina margarine which I'd been wanting since that Safeway food shop with Roman last December (it has extra light hydrogenated olive oil)

* some bottled water and salad (I needed the salad so I can use up my Honey Dijon mustard salad dressing!)

* 500mL of Belhaven Wee Heavy Scottish Ale, and NO whiskey bottles... I figure it's time to learn how to use the bottle opener I got in February! (and then I got ID'ed at the liquor store! I know Asians look younger than they actually are, but really...)

* some Arm&Hammer Whitening Pleasures Icy Mint toothpaste (I had a coupon for it to save 50 cents!)

* some Kozy Shack original rice pudding

* some dark chocolate Cadbury fingers, yum!

* some Milk2Go Coffee Commotion (if they don't seem to have Starbucks frappuccinos in bottles, this will do from now on since it has Italian espresso!)

* some Mr. Noodles, mushroom flavor (they didn't have it at Save-On, but did at Shoppers)

* 12 Vancouver postcards and a bubble-wrap envelope to gear up for holiday_wishes again this year!

* some SWEET Canucks merchandise!


Percentage of being a consumer whore: maybe 20% today. ;)

"This is handcrafted Scottish ale best before November 2007 with 6.5% alcohol. Belhaven (est. 1719 in Dunbar, Scotland) Wee Heavy has a rich deep flavor that derives from the greater proportion of malted barley to hops which characterized Scottish ales of the 19th century. A beer to be sipped, savoured, and respected."

I saw some people in costume, too... a witch lady in purple and black, a fairy girl, a pumpkin woman, etc. So cool. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home