Year-End Survey: Fashion Concept, Achievement, New People
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Traveled on a Greyhound bus, tried fajita salad (and now I'm addicted!), used Linux, went on Insane Journal... that's all I can think of.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't really make any, so there aren't any to break.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Close... hmm. Anita and Stella, I guess!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Justin's grandma / Phil's grandma within a week of each other. :(
5. What countries did you visit? The States. Oh, so interesting... :P
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? A better understanding of why people act how they do, and a sense of the special things in life.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan. 1 (crashed Kendrick's party, and had a good time)
Jan. 14-15 (got into the 24
madness with people at Nathan's)
Feb. 4 (hanging out with Lesley and the guys at her place for a French dinner)
Feb. 11 (SMASHING the SLB record with Jon, Steph, Eric, Fabian, Tony, Christon, Jeremy, and Nathan!)
Feb. 14 (Spinsters' Bonding Night at the church)
March 17 (Chung Yan and Karen's wedding)
March 24 (that CRAZY night where nothing went right for Chinese Eric on the way to ECBC - WASHROOM FRIENDS FOREVER!)
April 6 (saw Blades of Glory
and had the Good Friday service - 23 death threats in one day is a new record!)
April 8 (Sunrise Service, surprisingly NOT freezing!)
May 7-11 (cruised from San Diego to Vancouver with Viv and Karen!)
May 31 (hung out with Teunis at Aji Taro, and had a good time!)
June 4 (met Korey for the first time during a Sunday Dinner at Nate's - food overload!)
June 11 (watched a surreal Scandinavian movie at Nate's)
June 15 (got 22.8 million points in Bookworm)
June 30 (Phil and Grace's wedding)
July 1 (K and I decided to try dating)
Aug. 5 (going to the fireworks with a bunch of people - Dylan and I decided we're too old for it :P)
Aug. 12 (church grad banquet - yay for young friends!)
Aug. 16 (Shanghai Wonderful with Stanley, Jon, Adela, Eric, Christon, Erin, Eunice, Eddie, Nathan, Ivan, and a turncoat!)
Sept. 17 (celebrating my birthday with friends - including a turncoat)
Sept. 23 (said goodbye to Darren / Happy Birthday to Mike T. and Citrus at Montana's... I promised Darren that I'd get Facebook - AIYA!)
Oct. 1 (Had a Sunday Dinner at Christon's - SO MANY TRINKETS! Wished Jeremy a happy birthday later, too!)
Nov. 25 (celebrated Jon's birthday at Jeremy's!)
Dec. 13 (met Karen C. for lunch at Oakridge - YAY!)
Dec. 17 (funeral for Phil's grandma)
Dec. 19 (found out that I had another perfidious blackguard in my life - SO DEPRESSING!)
Dec. 29 (funeral for Justin's grandma... K also gets into town that day)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being able to stay in a romantic relationship with support - maybe I'm not as bad as I think?
9. What was your biggest failure? Not seeing that someone was a false friend. I'm too trusting... :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really...
11. What was the best thing you bought? That sparkly stylish shirt for $10! (Jer thought it cost $100... haha, no!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Korey, Eric H., Karen C., and Andrea.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Perfidious blackguard, mainly.
14. Where did most of your money go? Food, friends, and fun.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Shanghai Wonderful, dating, and weddings!
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I'm not sure... any songs on betrayal and false friends that ALSO are about steadfast support of others? Tough!
17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? The same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Knew how to reach out to the hurt.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Spent less time with people who ended up being perfidious blackguards in the end.
20. How will you be spending Christmas / Hanukah? The CSC Christmas Celebration, and opening presents. I don't know if there's anything else going on that day!
21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2007? Admitting my worst mistakes to someone.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007? Yes.
23. How many one-night stands? Zero.
24. What was your favorite TV program? 24
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Yes.
26. What was the best book you read? According to the Rolling Stones
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Wintersleep.
28. What did you want and get? Someone special to call mine. :P
29. What did you want and not get? Understanding from certain people, as they take certain things way too personally sometimes. :P
30. What was your favorite film of this year? Blades of Glory
- so funny!
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 31, went to London Drugs with Chinese Eric and Korey, then had dinner at the newly-renovated Boston Pizza with a bunch of (former) friends. Yay for Jon, Steph, Korey, Chinese Eric, Jeremy, Citrus, Danielle, Andrea, Nathan, Jen, and Dawn! (Sheena and Chalaine couldn't make it, unfortunately!)
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to give more of myself to people.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? I didn't have a fashion concept, at all. :P
34. What kept you sane? K, my friends, and distraction.
35. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most? Did anyone with a sexy accent and nice eyes make the news this year? ;)
36. What political issue stirred you the most? Not really any at all....
37. Who did you miss? Sean, K, Anita, Erin, Chris, Darren...
38. Who was the best new person you met? K, Raymond, then Tony.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007: People can stab you in the back, out of left-field. Don't trust so much.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Can't think of one right now... see #16 for my criteria. :P
Labels: 2007, 2008, 24, bookworm, citrus, eric h., fabian, facebook, jeremy, korey, maxed-out tags limit, raymond, recaps, sheena, slb, stella, sunday dinners, surveys, teunis, tony