Monday, July 30, 2007

Dream: two babies named Megan in the same family?!

Had a weird dream which consisted of Eric, a bunch of our friends, and I jumping from lifeboat to lifeboat, once at 1:36:18 AM Toronto time according to an announcement made over loudspeaker. We all managed to find the third lifeboat, which had an annoying man on it... thankfully, we got away from him when the boat docked with a cruise ship and we all met in the lounge with a DJ. My friends all had babies and kids - this one family had two kids named Megan (one who DID look like Winnie's Megan), just a few years apart. I have no idea what my subconscious is trying to tell me... if it's that I should have a baby girl named Megan, that'll be confusing! (although Megan Austin doesn't sound that bad... :P)


Erin replied to the siu long bao email to say that the only date she's free is August 12. Danielle then replied to that to wish her a happy birthday in all caps (it's tomorrow), and to say that they HAD to get together before she left shortly after that. If it ends up being the 12th, my siblings and I (plus whoever else is going to grad banquet) won't be able to make it. Looking at those pictures reminds me of good times, though. :D


Random things I learned while I was out at lunch and then picking up my grandma at the airport:

* CityFresh Market (near Chapters) has 1.5L bottles of honey tea on sale for $2 - I should go there more often since they have interesting stuff, such as Pocari Sweat water - which I'd never buy just because of the name... ewww! (they also had Doll instant noodles - I chose Pickled Vegetable flavor, so I wonder how THAT will taste!)

* My mom apparently thinks that I don't know HOW to make ramen, despite the fact I've done so for at least 20 years without a problem. :P

* My brother's getting back from New York today, and his Vancouver flight comes in at 11 PM tomorrow - I might go see him, since it's way easier than waiting for Grandma and Auntie Annie for about an hour in the International Arrivals lounge, which is what we did today! (Grandma needs people with her that she knows, and they were pretty much the last people off the plane apparently - with my siblings, all we do is meet them outside if / when they call as need be!)

* Matilda's husband had to have his leg amputated because of diabetes complications - Jon has to see them sometime because they gave him $1000 to study theology at Regent.

* Auntie Kathy and Uncle Reuben are the same age (65), and have known each other since they were 10 or 15! (Uncle Sam's turning 57 soon)

* My mom doesn't know how to pronounce "inspirational" - I initially thought she was getting me Bathroom Reader #15 (Aah-Inspiring) for my birthday, which of course I already have! (she was really talking about some inspirational one from the Family Christian Bookstore at Fairhaven / Lynden)

* At the red-awning restaurant where we ate lunch, there is a public-service announcement taped to the bathroom stalls (next to the toilet ads) warning against squatting to use the toilets. It also covers Beijing cleaning up their act for the 2008 Olympics, Vancouver having the dirtiest washrooms, and how the people who like to squat to use the toilet should have truly Chinese toilets consisting of a hole in the ground. The impact of this is lessened when I see a mop in a bucket in another stall - and the floors are slippery, too! I'd prefer Chapters washrooms to typical Chinese restaurant washrooms myself... but (as per Danielle and Nathan) when you gotta go, you gotta go!

* Dallas and Vivian were eating at Shanghai Wonderful, but Mom was too stressed to give them directions - poor them!


Oh, and now I check my phone to find that K tried to reach me. Meh, guess I'll sort that one out later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home