Sunday, July 29, 2007

"This is where I dispose of my manners - dude, don't teach the kids that your dad's a pedo!"

When I got to church this morning, I talked to Sam / Nathan / Christon / Jeremy / Eric / Citrus / Danielle about the fireworks last night. Why did Canada's fireworks appear to go into the water?! Jeremy said that there was at least a meter of space either way at the English Bay mini-donut stand, which definitely means it was less crowded! Citrus was trying to arrange some game with the guys, but Eric's not free this afternoon because he has to pick up hockey equipment. Maybe tomorrow, haha. Nathan was attempting to take a nap on his umbrella handle, which didn't work out too well with everyone around him talking and moving from upstairs to downstairs. We discussed poop - thanks for sharing when it won't come out... Everyone was happy to see Winnie and Megan around - yay, them! Gave Hannah and Priscilla the stuff from my mom - they were pretty happy about it even if it wasn't candy, haha. I saw Eunice, so I waved to her - so good to see her since I didn't last week!

Jeremy and I shared laughs over some parts of the sermon (skipping a bunch of chapters in Nehemiah), the interesting names, Nathan's frustration with his Powerpoint, and some other things. Haha, I like it when we can catch each other's eyes and laugh over stuff - gotta find amusement somewhere! Phil was preaching, and he used the care that Angus showed over picking Melia's engagement ring as an illustration: all I wish is to be that lucky in future! Told Rich to remind me to catch him later if I forgot - as it turned out, I paid for the grad banquet stuff after coming in from the back parking lot, and told him about our food preferences. Let's just say that K and I could do some version of the cruise ship "sharing" that my family and Viv's enjoyed, although not to such excessive measure! Heck, I put us down for different stuff, so that should be ALL good!

After service, I picked up Jeremy's helmet for him since it looked like he'd forget, and then headed out to the back parking lot. Saw Tony and asked him what was going on - apparently, his security training course is expensive and he'll work two jobs at once, at least for a bit. He says he really doesn't like Wal-Mart since it sucks out his youth like a vampire - Jeremy found that amusing, haha. Then again, he doesn't do customer service too well either! Eunice, Nathan, and I were trying to help him find believable excuses for a mental health day since he found himself too hateful these days: FOOD POISONING can be over in 24 hours! (gives him time to watch the SIMPSONS movie with people!) We discussed the Mexico trip for a while - last year, Steph did come back with a tan. I know my mom thinks he likes my sister, who doesn't like him in that way at all - of course, there are certain things you don't ask people, haha. It's good talking to him, though! Saw Fidela, and talked to her about her grandma and Facebook pictures: she might as well look into ways to make them more private, even though some of her friends might get all huffy when they discover they can't see certain albums!

When Emily asked us what we were doing today, I told them that I'd talk to my boyfriend most probably - Fidela asked about him, and realized that she'd seen a picture of him on my sister's Facebook. She's going to China before school starts, so we won't see her until Christmas - we hugged her goodbye, of course. (must save her and Justin's birthday cards till later / when I see her parents!) After I paid Rich the $60 for the grad banquet (I do have someone coming to this thing who wants to be there!), I went to help with the toddlers. Rachel wanted to show me her new toy camera and binoculars, and was all right at sharing them with Wilson and Sean - not so much with Amanda, heh. Told Auntie Tracy that K was coming in a couple of weeks, and she reminded me to tell Auntie Bessy - will do so next week. The only question she had was whether this person was a Christian - since he is, that should be fine. Let's hope the kids react well to this big dude, haha. The kids were okay - it was cute how Wilson and Rachel would save seats and toys for one another, but we encouraged them to SHARE! Sean's cute, but I think he'll be graduating pretty soon - his brother Ian said hi to me, so I asked if he liked dinosaurs. He looked confused, so I told him that his shirt had dinosaurs on it - heh, gotta love kids!

Then I interacted with Gwyneth, Evelyn, Samantha, Rosanna, and Ryan for a bit after Sunday School... I saw Teresa threaten her daughters with a slotted kitchen utensil, smacking it against her hand. Brings back memories which I'd rather keep dormant, for sure! Ryan got hurt a couple minutes after I told him to get off the dirty floor - I didn't see what happened, as I was most likely telling Jonathan NOT to teach the kids that his dad was a pedo! (he tried denying it, but Michelle told me what was up) I was also busy talking to Andrew about some chemical solutions test he has tomorrow, and about how addicted he is to Facebook - he stayed up till 12:30 stalking people in his network because he was bored! (Jonathan says he uses MSN way more than Facebook himself!) After a while, Andrew and I decided to go outside. Saw Dallas there, who was going to Nando's Chicken with my parents, then transporting some of his luggage to their place. Andrea asked if we wanted to have a quick lunch, but we couldn't. Yelled bye to Karen as she left with Ivan, too. We talked about Jon, Harmony, Mexico, SLB, Tony's record, Nathan's email, Toronto on Tuesday (he'll meet Jon in the air!), his dad and cancer, bad roommate stories (rape / murder / not leaving the door locked - this house is NOT a gym!), coagulated milk, Vanier Park and fireworks, Darren in Ireland, Facebook (he thinks I'd get into it, same as what Eric figures - no, I spend TOO MUCH TIME on the computer already!), spicy peri-peri chicken, his independent grandma, canoes, maggots, and some other stuff. I'll definitely have to see him in September when he gets back! I also dispensed of SOME manners while at the chicken place: I used my hands and was messy in general. At least I didn't actually walk on the table / into the food like some ancient kings did! (eww!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home