Monday, December 24, 2007

"I don't take orders from people who don't exist!"

Jon picked me up at 4:45, and we were on our way to Anthony's! He said he'd drop me off and say hi briefly before heading off to Sailor Hagar's in North Van with Jeremy to drink this extremely rare barley wine that's been aged since 1998. When Cordia heard about this later, she said that he was ditching US for beer - so true! Mike added that we were extremely rare FRIENDS, which led Stanley to start a tangent about how Mike was very SPECIAL - that could be taken a few ways, I reminded him! We serendipitously saw Sheena and Christon walking up to the house, and we all went downstairs to see Anthony's spread of snack food. Then we went to Anthony's room to join Ivan / Mike / Jason / Margaret / Stanley / Cordia / Fabian watching TRANSFORMERS. We wondered how he'd cram 15 people in there later, which ended up not happening because some people wanted to watch INITIAL D - I've seen that at Nate's already! Car racing movies are for people with an IQ of under 100, Jon joked. They didn't see THAT because they couldn't find it, so it was MY SUPER EX-GIRLFRIEND instead... some girl abuses her ex with a shark when she breaks up with him, oh my!

The TRANSFORMERS was pretty good - "I don't take orders from people who don't exist!" Hahaha. OPTIMUS PRIME and the DECEPTICONS... I can see why Sam's obsessed with it, hehe. Ivan's going to watch it for the EIGHTH time on the way to Winter Con! Pretty cool to see the Transformers watch over the humans at the end of the movie... Cordia, on what the car must be thinking: "Why are they on top of me?!" Afterwards, we watched eight minutes of OVER THE HEDGE (vending machine and MAD bear!) before going downstairs to see what was up. People got into playing Christon's Wii, and I read a bit of the paper while Anthony wondered what we'd like for dinner. Two large pizzas would definitely not have been enough, even WITH the sides we ordered! He offered me some Kokanee, which I took. Even with my dad's speech to Jon about drinking in front of minors fresh in my mind, it wouldn't have mattered since they were all playing Wii or upstairs playing GUITAR HERO III. (and that would rhyme if I said it out loud, haha) Sheena wanted to do crossword puzzles, and we commiserated about not having coordination while the guys argued about the difference between Princess Daisy and Princess Peach - YOUR PRINCESS IS IN ANOTHER CASTLE! Heh, MEMORIES! We never got much into games beyond the SNES, and prefer watching. I like puzzle games, while she likes adventures. Anthony wondered if we wouldn't like something other than pizza / sides for dinner; when we said that would be fine, he was surprised: "I thought girls were HEALTHIER!" Haha, we have our gross moments sometimes...

Jason laughed at the number of Coke cans in the fridge, to which Anthony responded that it had been four 12-packs on sale for $10 at Safeway. We know the knockoff names, haha - Mountain Breeze, Parker's Root Beer, and more! Sheena got recruited to play Wii since a player had to go out, and I demurred since I wouldn't help the game at all. (not like it was MARIO STRIKERS, haha) We snacked on fudge Mint Oreos which looked like Wagon Wheels (Margaret thought that at first), sour cream / dill pickle chips (which we kept mixing up), BBQ chips, and more! Four kinds of pizza, cinnamon sticks, and wings arrived later from Domino's - YAY! There was comedy with the black garbage bag falling, Cordia saying that she likes telling people "I'll eat your face!" to see their reaction (I said that I liked telling people "others will TORTURE YOU!" - yay for shared morbidity!), saying I should send her the REJECTED movie, Steph's opinion that Cordia would like SWEENEY TODD (mad barbers and "meat pies"), Mike being "special," and a discussion of Jon's tolerance. (he didn't resolve things later, since he said he'd never been drunk!) We saw Anthony's parents when they came in, and greeted them with "Hi, Auntie... Hi, Uncle." Definitely a Chinese thing! We wouldn't call our other non-Chinese friends' parents Auntie or Uncle, and are usually asking what we should address them as! I told Mike that my boyfriend had just advised me to call his mother "Mom," since she'd be fine with that. He asked whether she had been fine with that - I actually don't know, since I guess I find out next month sometime! Played with the lovebird a bit till Anthony put it to sleep - it made so much noise! Told someone about Flaming Hot Cheetos in the States - yup, they have weird flavors down there!

Afterwards, I went up to Anthony's HOT room to watch Jason / Anthony / Margaret play GUITAR HERO III. Santana's BLACK MAGIC WOMAN, Metallica's ONE, the Scorpions' ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE, Iron Maiden's NUMBER OF THE BEAST, Stevie Ray Vaughan's PRIDE AND JOY (so distinctive!), Sex Pistols' ANARCHY IN THE U.K., Alice Cooper's SCHOOL'S OUT, Muse, and more were on there - SWEET MIX! Some songs are really hard, and I've found a new respect for guitarists. Karen and Isabel came later, and went to see what was up. I also demurred on playing the game, citing lack of coordination. Stanley thought the guy with armor and spikes was disturbing since he had no top on, and Margaret thought the guy was cool... I agreed with Margaret. I inwardly rejoiced when Cordia used the word "defenestration" on Mike / Stanley, of course. :D

Anthony asked me for Jon's cell number, and called him to see what was up - he even kindly offered to give him a ride in case bums tried to jump him or anything on two buses and the Seabus! He was going out anyhow to rent a movie - he wanted something Christmassy and not scary, but came back with HAIRSPRAY! Jon showed up later, and people wanted him to play some. He hadn't quite got the hang of the rhythm or the whammy bar, so contented himself with playing air guitar - he loved the fact that Metallica was on there! Discussed the mechanics of playing the game - fling the guitar to activate your STAR POWER, which speeds up the notes a bit! Just don't whack people in the face, as Stanley almost did on Citrus' game night last week!

Anthony's parents save money on heating by keeping the house cold, so of course his room is like an oven - the difference is definitely noticeable! We turned the heat down because it was getting warm already, and opened the window too. Nathan came by later, and did work downstairs in the basement. (Citrus showed up even later, and watched five minutes of our movie before going downstairs) It was an interesting movie about integration and these two pissed-off ladies who want to keep a show all WHITE: of course, this is set in 1962. Lots of funny lines and such too, as well as an ultra-religious mother, haha - FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS! "I've tasted dark chocolate, and I'll never go back!" / detention room being a cool scene, Queen Latifah, and hilarity were all there! Later, we all went downstairs and "snuck out" the back way. Anthony wondered if Jon would like some beer, but he demurred since he has enough at home already (Mom would NOT be impressed!) - cocoa it was, heh.

We chatted about Mike, Esther, signals, the Stateside Boxing Day trip, emails and Ray's probable reaction to dancing around in the car, massaging, church musicals, Chalaine not home all week for dinner, word searches, exercising your brain, Christmas (Eve) plans, busing to Dave's, and more. The malls will be insane tomorrow, we told Ivan - he knows, and he's not planning to go there! Just in case we don't see Ivan on Tuesday, Jon and I wished him a Merry Christmas and a good time at Winter Con. (his Linden jersey fits all right, which was good for Steph to know since he borrowed it from her!) Jon thinks the plan is for us to take transit to Dave's tomorrow, but he's not sure - I was ahead of my dad for once this afternoon, and said that I'd been planning for sleeping over after dinner. Here's an email with options from my mother - the reason she got no answer is because I was OUT ALL NIGHT! My sister also wants me to proofread an annual report, which I'll hopefully do tomorrow before I head out. Despite unwinding, I don't think my brain is alert enough to do editing work! Now, it is time for bed after a great hangout!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home