Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Gwyneth actually talked to me today! *surprise*

Jon and I got out of the house a bit later than we should have after breakfast (coffee spread!), but it was fine. Grandma asked me about Korey; when I told her that he was working today, she thought that he shouldn't since it's a holiday. True, and I'm sure he wishes the same since it'll be DEAD! Got to church and went to the basement, where Jordan asked me to help with his stuff - sure, why not? I'll help your brother Thomas while I'm at it too! Said hi to Gwyneth when she came downstairs, and she actually talked to me about her choir performing at the Broadway Church. Talked to Benjamin, John, Luke, and others too. Also did some more thinking about a certain situation, and have now fired off some coherent thoughts about it to K.

The kids did an awesome job of their songs: JINGLE BELL ROCK, Auntie Kam's last-minute addition of "Happy Birthday to Jesus," and WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS. Mike and I noticed a kid who tried to sing / scream above the others, which was amusing. Then we went back downstairs to watch My Life as McDull (cute cartoon pig!), which kept skipping, so we replaced that with a Veggie Tales video. Johnny wanted a lot of water and more chips, Danni spilled some water on his waterproof pants, Auntie Kam gave me a great card from the church with some entwined Christian symbols, Melia gave me my blue Awana water bottle, and I gave Vania / Auntie Esther their Christmas cards.

Bantered with Ivan, Natalie (who's eleven years and four days old now), Nathan (banned from the computer and STARCRAFT?), Mike, Margaret, Stanley (kicking Margaret's instrument case / playing with my pom-pom / jacket zipper help for the kids!), Adam, Andrew, Julie (December birthdays and wheels on shoes!), Benedict, and others before going to lunch. Sam's back too! Discussed Rachel's family coming over on the 2nd, Terrence coming in June, CRANIUM, Kate, funerals, Sean's mom being embarrassed by his Fraserlands performance, Powell River, expiry dates (I don't take chances now!), Christine Magee's CD (it won a Canadian gospel award!), Lisa and her boyfriend, Auntie Brenda's regifting of a sweater my mom gave her in the first place (reminds me of Regiftable.Com - some great / horrible stories there!), Harmony's family getting back on the 30th, The Cheesecake Factory (Nathan and Christon would like that place!), the IIHF Junior Hockey Championships (away from families at Christmas?!), K coming here, Nathan paying respects at the cemetery, Grandma criticizing my food choices, and more.

Speaking of the last item, my mom's told me that K and I should have a book about dieting and losing weight - yeah, I'm not going to say anything about that one to her! She's also just denied that she likes eating candy... you have to think LONG-TERM about your diabetes forecast! Oh well... like someone else I know, I think the holiday should just be over with already. I'll stay for dinner, I guess - after that, I plan to go home. At least my brother and I amused ourselves on the way home by telling Grandma that having no manners was amusing, haha. ("Yeah... lots of boys will like your being crazy!") Elizabeth emailed me, and I caught up on Facebook too.

Christmas presents from parents: one colorful toque, one pink-and-white toque, rhinestones spelling out WHATEVER, blue T-shirt, six Glitter Gel pens (Spaced-Out Silver / Lunar Lavender / Moon Beam Blue / Stella Yella / Orange You Out There / Cosmic Crimson), seaweed, blue jeans notebook, Vanilla Milkshake-flavored Whoppers, candy cane-scented skin juicer, and a $25 Chapters giftcard. Mom couldn't find the "whatever whatever whatever" (AKA Guinness / Ripley's books) since they weren't "in your face" - oh well. It'll be FINE, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home