Sunday, December 23, 2007

Baby dedication is always a cute time!

Saw the "new" Toyota Corolla this morning - less room in the back, but it's okay. My grandma just doesn't think she's taking up room - yes, you are. I was trying to talk to her, and asked if she liked my Santa hat and my jeweled shirt: "No, I'm OLD... kids will like it!" Guess she doesn't like enjoying stuff as much as she might! Dad dropped us off by the back parking lot, and she made a comment about how we still had to walk ANYWAY - yeah, but it's CLOSER and results in less walking, especially if it's rainy!

Talked to Citrus, Ivan (jerseys!), Steph, and others before we got in for service: it was good to see the kids bouncing around, excited for Christmas! Raymond mentioned throwing stuff at me on Facebook - hey, it's all in fun, and I'm glad I have new(ish) friends! We had a baby dedication today for Anne, Keenan, Gabriel, and Abigail - Maxine warned me not to get too close to her son since he had a fever. Ooh, good call. Steph told me later that Nicholas likes making animal noises (growling / hissing) during service - creative kid! Said hi to Hannah and her stuffed animal Freddy - she's so cute! Found myself slightly bitter during service - oh well. :P Asked Melia what time we should be at the church on Tuesday morning (which Jon was asking about later) - she'll send out an email, which sounds good to me. Wished "Merry Christmas" to a bunch of people (including Mel), which was cool - saw Wesley, but didn't get a chance to say hi. Oh well. Saw Eni (Dawn's boyfriend), and chatted briefly since Auntie Tracy was talking to him too! Made sure Andrew saw me this week - it's good to talk to that guy, and I'll see him on Tuesday!

Went outside in the rain, and Winnie gave me something - how surprising! Talked to Jeremy, Calla (geeky double-layered umbrella!), Jon, Stanley (who was singing about Bon's), Mike, Emily, Angus, and others. Pho plans got changed to Bon's - SO GREASY! Gave Fidela a couple of way overdue birthday cards before she had to run! Yelled hi to Adam while he was going inside the church, then briefly talked to Dave about tomorrow night! Saw Mike H. and Amanda with their three kids - Steph was talking to Megan, who talked back! YAY FOR KIDS! Ethan and Seren were being a bit rambunctious, heh. When they left, we all waved and wished them a Merry Christmas / Happy New Year - they were only here to see Keenan's dedication. Gave Andrea and Chung their Christmas / birthday cards before *I* had to run inside! Dodged someone's kicking feet on the way to the toddler room, where Frances said that nobody had shown up yet! We talked to Dianne about med school for a bit, till she left because kids scare her. Eventually, Amanda showed up (she was being silly with the Play-Doh), and she hardly ate any of her waffle / ham / hash browns / scrambled egg breakfast! Blueberry waffles are cool, all right! Eric dropped off a Christmas card for me, while Rich gave us some Christmas packages from Timothy - Frances and I got one each, even if they were supposed to be for the kids! We discussed lunch, Sophia, Mel, David, family dinners, and cute kids.

Afterwards, I noted that David looked bored - they're STILL using THE ROCK for Sunday School stuff, I see. At least he isn't staying up till 2 AM since he's too young to be doing that yet! I gave Hien a birthday card, and she gave me and Dylan a mini Christmas tree cookie later - YAY! She seemed surprised that I had something for her, but of course I do. Said hi to Louisa, asked Evelyn what she was doing under a table, and talked to Martin / Dylan about membership transfers and whether the CSC did any Christmas cards this year. "I'll have to buy my own cards, which won't be supporting the church!" Stanley played with the pom-pom on the end of my Santa hat, which he'd done to Vivian's. Auntie Susan asked me whether Korey was coming into town for Christmas - no, he has to WORK! Good thing he doesn't have to work on New Year's after all, heh. I gave a birthday card to Margaret before she ran off too.

We were late for a lunch with Uncle William / Auntie Cindy, but everyone's out doing some shopping and such. SO INSANE! Discussed Isabel, the funeral, being aware that people aren't just waiting around for you to call, Terrence's surprise Singapore phone call, Melissa, Grandma's "different culture," Kate, Rachel, the girls' night at Melia's, the guys' Stateside trip on Boxing Day to Friday, the guys' video game / movie night at Anthony's which is now NOT just for the guys (Karen / Sheena / Cordia / I could be there), my perking up when guys are mentioned, etc. Jon: "That doesn't automatically disqualify you!" Yeah... you're an ug!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home