Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Grandma got into sports highlights... oh my!

I miss someone a lot right now, and I hope he's not discomfited by the email I sent him. It was well thought-out, if I do say so myself...

Discussed certain family jokes at dinner, and the "Canto-pop" feel of certain songs (Edmond and Alysia, yo!) at the Christmas service this morning. Mom noted several of the Awana kids who either weren't singing or were just moving around - eh, there's a few of them in every batch! Reviewed the pronunciation of "pajamas" with Mom - she pronounced it like she did originally, which made Jon cringe! Talked about the testimonies, our "unique" family, Uncle Hansel (best behavior!), Uncle Johnny and Uncle Eugene cleaning up, Uncle Stephen (mellowing / owing a friend his life quite literally), Steph's "spies" at Winter Conference, Harmony, the "Chinese parents beat me with a feather duster" Facebook group (Steph will spank her kids, but not tawse them - no homemade switches from tree branches either like in the old days!), Michelle and her sister Emily (and their mom's singing), Powell River's paper mill smell, tomorrow's girl night at Melia's (I might go - but I feel OLD enough already! :P), Eric T., Stanley, seaweed, Auntie Kwai, winter ale, "lobster," Korey, scooping stuff, relationships, Eric M., Rachel / Lisa / her boyfriend, and more. It was an interesting dinner, complemented by cookies! Grandma appeared to get into the sports PLAYS OF THE YEAR, which was kinda surprising. Car racing is kinda useless, heh - if you're going to wreck your car by driving recklessly and causing accidents (RIP Greg Moore), then what's the point of building a new million-dollar car every week?

Sat next to Grandma at dinner since it appeared to make her happy - that's what I want to do, all right! After a bit, Steph said she was sleeping over at Vivian's; she was concerned that the dog (a four-year-old boxer) would be in the car if I wanted a ride home. It turned out to be okay, since he was in the back. I thought the dog would be nervous because of me being a stranger, but Viv said that car rides make Bams nervous to the point where he licks the car seat! Apparently, it soothed him when Steph sang to him. We discussed her day (Korean BBQ and movies), our day at church and such, Cordia / morbidity / serial killers / human meat pies / SWEENEY TODD, my REJECTED cloud drowning in blood, and more. Steph asked me to do her a sisterly favor, but I had to say "yes" first: she wanted me to bend over and let Viv slap my butt! Viv said she wouldn't (no offense meant to me, and I didn't take any!), not even IF that happened! "But you have to experience it for yourself!" "I believe you!" "Steph, I really don't think she's going to acquiesce to that request!" "Haha... no, I don't think I will!" "But, Viv! It's so firm!" "I don't think I need to do that!" Viv wished me a Merry Christmas twice, for which I thanked her. I'll call Steph tomorrow at around 4 - making plans!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home