Monday, December 24, 2007

SATAN beef?! Say it ain't so...

Jeremy got a Member Alert that was an AMBER ALERT for the barley wine at Sailor Hagar's, hahaha. Ben's been exposed to the wrath that could be Erin's mom - she's obsessed with digicams now, and basically blasted Erin in the car because she forgot hers. Um, email the pics from others' digital cameras?! If I were Ben in that situation, I'd be like ".... um..." o_O

Called the ug this afternoon, and said that I'd bus over before 5 - he's right that I'd get confused after getting to church. Too many apartment buildings and entrances that look the same! I guess we'll take Grandma on the bus too. Jon joked that the sun confuses me; not really, but I was wondering why it was all sunny when I woke up at 10! Got two Christmas cards; one from Christina (I don't know who this is), and one from John (snooooopy) - gotta love the gingerbread being scared of Santa's visit! I had a lovely surprise phone call, too - SO COOL THAT I'LL BE SEEING HIM IN A WEEK! To the Keg!

Reminds me of a typo I spotted on the Ginger and Garlic menu yesterday: watch out for #32, because it's made with SATAN beef! Yeah, they meant "Satay," but it's still amusing! Steph thought that maybe it was inspired by Miroslav Satan, hahaha. We know what they mean, but it doesn't mean we can't laugh! (such as "COCK" for "COKE" at Shady Pho - only $1.50! haha...)

A couple of Christmases ago, a memory which should have been good (dinner at Dave's) was tainted. My mom's version of being supportive was the very antithesis of such: "You don't have a best friend because of your personality! You should get a boyfriend ASAP because I was a mother at your age! You're not the best kid around, but your siblings are!" Thanks, Mom... she KNEW the whole Yazmine story which had happened in MAY of the same year. I had tried supporting Yazmine the best I could, but it was all for naught. Mind you, she said all this in front of Dave and his parents - NOT GOOD. At least she seems to be okay now, but I'll still be on my guard! Yay for last year's memories of watching ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT and THE OFFICE!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home