Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dream: Conveyor belts and fire / Outback Steakhouse Caesar Salad Dressing

I had a weird dream (again) about shopping and Mom yelling at me. Why the heck is that so familiar these days to my subconscious? If she yells at me all the time next week on the cruise ship, I'm going to rethink cruising with her, haha. (only kidding, kinda?)

* It also involved being in my apartment, and checking the mail to find a LOT of envelopes and parcels, some of which were out-of-season Christmas cards on festive green paper with cats. No wonder the sender was listed as "Heaven Kitty" on those!

* We also went shopping at Save-On Foods in the dream, and had to deal with conveyor belts for the shopping carts at the checkout - these made the carts seize up at first. Had a lot of stuff to buy, including shoes and these new handmade microwave meals. Those meals were easy to open: just tear a perforation on the side of the box, and hey presto!

* Afterwards, we went outside to meet Grandma at a Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant had some fire damage (we could see the flame at the base of the building), and the firemen were busy extinguishing it. One of the firemen came over and sympathized with our plight, adding that it had been a stressful day for him since he'd just opened a new bank account when he got called to this fire. My mom was less than understanding of that being stressful, but we told her to just shush - we'd handle it!

* We eventually settled on another restaurant, and had a grand time there.. the dream ended when my mom decided to have a hissy fit about our being unsupportive towards her when she was trying to tell the fireman that it wasn't that bad. I think we were in the middle of telling her to chill and stuff, too! Weird.. no idea what the triggers were for this one, except maybe the CSI fireball which was helped by a heater, heh.


Talked to Dawn a bit about Banana Leaf locations and cursing Translink, and Eric called to say he'd be picking me up after work. (I'm sure he didn't call just to bug me about finally answering my phone - hey, I answer it if it beeps at me!) No need for intersections, yay! Gives me more time to do various important things like showering and such, too. :D


Outback Steakhouse Caesar Salad Dressing

Ask, and you shall receive. To answer many requests, I've whipped up this killer clone for the mouth-watering Caesar salad dressing from America's favorite steakhouse chain. You can't buy it in the stores, but now you can make it from scratch in mere minutes. Best of all, this dressing keeps for weeks and weeks in the fridge in a covered container (if it's even around that long).

1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon anchovy paste
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed fine

1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer to beat ingredients for about 1 minute.
2. Cover bowl and chill for several hours so that flavors can develop. Makes approximately 2 cups.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home