Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Banana Leaf, George Bush quotes, leeches, and snowglobes

Tonight's dinner at the Banana Leaf was great! Now, if only Eric would stop bugging me about a certain subject every time we're together... I called him a dork numerous times during the two hours we spent in each other's company, and he pretended to get emotionally upset over it on the way home, haha. We talked about being crazy, the 24 finale dinner, that long weekend camp (I *told* him not to ruin my weekend, darn it!), dinner, and various friends of ours. Met Jen, Andrea, Vivian, Karen Choo, Karen Lew, Dawn, Jeremy, and Nathan at the restaurant - Nathan decided not to eat any spicy stuff since that stomach flu's a killer! Discussed the Pussycat Dolls (I don't think much of that show even if I've never watched it!), Martin (still in the "too new to get attached to" category, kinda), embarrassing (Erin) stories, Jon being hyper, 24, Slurpees, Alan canceling his barbecue, Facebook status ("devising punishments"), the stupid referees at the hockey game yesterday, colds, and some other stuff. Had Hainanese chicken, rice, curry, noodles, strawberry ice cream cake (Eric pretended to be all "EW!" about pink :P), and a bunch of other stuff. Definitely a good dinner!

Jon called Eric to see what was up - of course, he wanted to go to Dragon Ball after teaching, but nobody wanted to do that since we all left after dinner! Jen seemed to like the "SMUSH BUSH" doll and the button, although she was confused about the date on it. It's the president-elect thing before the inauguration! Jeremy loved the Bush quotes on the back, and came up with some more: SO SCREAMINGLY FUNNY! I should tell Jon that Jen thought we'd get her something beer-related, haha. On the way home, Eric and I discussed obsessions / insinuations / flaws in general / perspective. Then he said that he wanted me to get a ride from Sam for the long weekend Friday - we'll see! Another slot of "me" time might not go amiss either, hehe. ;)

He quoted Homestar Runner, said he didn't think his grammatical / spelling errors mattered THAT much (not to me, but maybe to others?), told me what he wanted me to do on the long weekend Monday (I beat him to thinking of the idea!), and told me stuff about Facebook that I didn't know before. I gave it right back to him as far as craziness and being mock-stern were concerned, haha. Let's just say that I don't know if I have any follow-through! Good times, even if something ends up not happening like we envision it! Of course, he blamed me for yesterday's loss (which neither of us went to my matchmaking mother's for), but knew it was all the refs' fault for letting Selanne score like that. :P


Today's Educational Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

Excerpt from a medical report:

"A nine-year-old girl was admitted to Hospital USM with vaginal bleeding. She had a history of swimming in a river prior to the incident. She was pale. An aquatic leech bloated with blood detached from the vagina after 20 milliliters of normal saline flushing of the vagina. The bleeding continued after the detachment. The patient needed 1 unit (250 milliliters) of Packed Cell transfusion. The bleeding stopped 24 hours later. Professionals must be aware of the possibility of leech bites in the vagina as the differential diagnosis for abnormal vaginal bleeding, especially in places where leeches are prevalent."

Culled from: ISPUB.Com
Generously submitted by: Kris

**********************************************************************

So, now you know!

*******

Wretched Recommendations!

Dana has a film recommendation for us:

Edmond (2005)

"Think Fight Club meets American Beauty staring William H. Macy and written by David Mamet. Better yet, think William H. Macy arguing with prostitutes about what percentage of his payment goes to the house..."

*******

Morbid Link Du Jour!

I don't know if they are real or just magnificent little Photoshop creations... and I can't seem to find any evidence whatsoever that they are for sale... but in a perfect world, they would be! What, you ask? The most magnificent snowglobes on the planet!

Thanks to Vickie for the link.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home