Sunday, April 29, 2007

Crappy Semagic / Edible flowers at Awana? / OREO COOKIES

Semagic was being craptastic when I restarted my computer earlier. It wouldn't load my draft, and I had (as you'll see) a LOT of stuff in there! Thanks for giving me that idea, Jamie... you rock! (yay for remembering to save my old options onto this version when it suddenly wouldn't work) For future reference: go to Open File and select one of the saved drafts. Also, save an entry as private and edit it later if I need to restart / it has a lot of HTML. If that doesn't work, I'm up the proverbial creek without a paddle. In this case, I wasn't going to sit here till 3-4 AM and try remembering what I typed out / take ALL the darned quizzes (in a backdated entry on here) AGAIN! PHEW!

Awana today was pretty cool - Bob asked me what my name was again, I got to help a couple kids with stickers and tape, and talked to Ian about games / his brother / Daddy being there soon. Chris said that Ian DID say a lot of stuff when he was playing Bomberman last night: hey, tickling DOES help with that! Anita and Andrew said hi when I got back from asking Jon what was up with his concert. He was driving to Tsawwassen with Phyllis at that moment, so of course couldn't drive me. I don't think I'd convince anyone to drive me that far away (as Henry said), so I just spent the night at home afterwards. Good thing too, as I had editing work in the form of Friends List Categories entries and such! (it shouldn't take two hours, but whatever!) Anita had Amos, Jason, Andrew, Julie S. (birthday girl!), Melia, Emily C., and others help her with photocopying and cutting out things for Sunday School. She told Phil that they were her little slaves, haha... Andrew gave her the wrong scissors back, oops! (he told me last week that he was afraid of Anita - yeah, I can understand that!) I was busy with the secretary duties, and she knows I can handle those on my own if need be! (good thing too, as my precise cutting skills are non-existent :P)

Just realized that I could be doing double duty at the park on May 12, which is fine with me! (looking after the Awana kids and little Sean, even though his parents will be there too) Wonder if Sean will realize that I'm the same person who takes care of him at Sunday School, haha - he's old enough to do so, but I'm not sure whether his condition will impact that. I'd like to say probably not, but who knows. I told Emily L. that it should be good if it's as sunny as it was today - my dad was passing by and told us that we WISHED it would be sunny since this was Vancouver! Meh, we know! Stopped to get some water from the kitchen, and talked to Auntie Stella for a bit about Kelvin's son Taylor - then asked about Kenneth and Daisy to be polite. Apparently, they're also having a son in mid-June: wow!

I shared half my petal bar with a few people, and ate the rest at home later. Mike took one look at the box and wasn't impressed with edible flowers, but at least the bit HE took was just buckwheat with no flowers! ("Good!" he said when I told him that) It tasted like granola, heh. At the debriefing, Henry jokingly thought he didn't have to do the Take It To Heart memory verses (which don't flow OR stick in your brain readily!) since his clubber David did it already. (in past years, Zoe was our example!) Melia says Angus liked her previous haircut better, but he'll have to get used to it! I was going to write some cards during my "break time," but talked to Auntie Vivian about shopping instead - her son William complained that there was nothing in the house to eat! "I'm not eating a can of beans because they make me fart! And I don't like chocolate, either!" Says he's a strange boy, but there's more chocolate for her / Sarah / Mary! Ice cream, mini pizzas, grass jelly, yogurt, milk, juice, noodles, veggies, fruit, bread, and more to buy at Superstore, for sure.

Oh, and I also owe my sister an apology on Auntie Vivian's behalf since I guess she doesn't want to lose face or something... sure thing! But since she was talking about Ryan and Ethan right before this, I thought she was talking about their mom Michelle at first! (I guess she can help Sarah with chemistry, maybe... Mary going into Gr. 11, and William into Gr. 8 already!) Henry drove David home first before dropping me off, but first had to navigate the church parking lot - some Subaru was parked behind him, and he didn't know who to blame. After a lot of maneuvering, he managed to get out: I noticed Danny applauding him from across the street, so told him about it. "Revenge" involved pretending to run Danny over outside the car, and crashing into Benedict inside Danny's car... "I'll applause HIM!" Haha, good times! At least my small group set up a time for lunch near the church (Trocadero's!) - not tomorrow, not next week (Daniel camp), and not the week after because of Mother's Day... so the 20th after church it is!


OREO COOKIES

Categories: Cookies, Chocolate
Yield: 6 servings

COOKIE
18 oz Devils food cake mix
2 tablespoons Water
2 tablespoons Cooking oil
1/4 cups Bitter cocoa powder

FILLING
1 Envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cups Cold water
1 cup Crisco
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 lb Powdered sugar +1 cup

Mix up cookies. Take small balls. Roll them in your hands. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool, and put filling inside.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home