Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Australian accents, dinner, beef jerky, and toilets

A few things I forgot to add on my last post:

* I have good memories of Joe Downer.. he was from Australia, and we all thought he was cool since he had the cutest Australian accent! (even the Gr. 8 kids thought so, haha)

* My church friends Josanna, Lavone, Bonnae, and Dorothy Eang were pretty cool, too... I remember seeing Dorothy as a baby! Too bad their dad Floyd died of meningitis or something... their mom Genora seems to be okay, though!

* My mom got me some beef jerky from a place on Fraser St. Haven't tried it yet, but maybe soon.

* Apparently, I'm invited to dinner at Dave's place on Friday. That won't do for me, since the Fellowship is having dinner to welcome the newbies.. as Eric said: "A welcome dinner for me, hehe." Yeah, you and a bunch of others! *laugh*

========================

What do you know. Almost a month after the new management comes in, my toilet decides to just not flush because the handle's loose or something. Lovely stuff, which makes me think of the GWAR song Jiggle The Handle. :P With the old management, I could call them and they'd send someone out within a day or whatever to fix it. (this happened a fair number of times) I think it's a good thing I left a window cracked open from when Kelly fixed it in February, plus getting my front hall lightbulb changed in May without it being my responsibility since I was so nice... and definitely a good thing I got my bathroom fixed in November! (the link goes to the description of what was wrong, since I obviously didn't find the fix important enough to note here or in my offline journal :P) As for the current toilet woes, I think I'll see if I can't get Mike to do something about it... although I bet that's not in his job description, haha. Nothing to lose by asking... o_O


Security: I should note that the window isn't actually OPEN. It's just not locked up so tightly that it utterly CANNOT be opened. ;)


Edit to add advice from someone which actually worked:

Oooh. In that case, the chain that connects the handle to the bulb might be broken. Lift up the lid on the toilet tank and then lift up on the bulb so it pulls the plug out of the bottom of the tank. When the toilet has flushed completely, you should be able to let go and it will fill back up on its own.

However, this solution = temporary. :/ If the chain is broken, it's probably relatively easy to purchase a replacement at Home Depot or Lowes or somewhere else like that... but I wouldn't count on Wal-Mart having anything like that.

If that doesn't work, then it's probably something you'd have to have someone who's actually licensed look at. No use flooding your bathroom / having a toilet that keeps running and annoys the heck out of you.

Hope that helped a little bit...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home