Saturday, August 27, 2005

"Sarne Dragon!", "Dil-Dil," and other voice tags / obnoxious people / forgetting a name four times

Eric picked me up at 7:05 Chinese time, which really meant 7:20... that was fine, since I was finishing up my previous entry. It was good timing, because he pulled up as soon as I was within sight of the parking lot! As soon as I got in the car, he activated the Parisienne fart lever while simultaneously denying its existence... he bugs me so much, but I put up with it since he's golden. :D He'd gone to Dawn's second farewell thing... as long as we each made it to one of them, haha. (she's in Hong Kong now) I told him how my week had been, which is always a good thing with friends who understand!

I went to the 7-11 to get some candy beforehand, but then there was this lady who insisted on being served before me even though I was CLEARLY in line IN FRONT of her! But since I didn't want to make waves, I let it go. (that's where some of my problems come from, I swear...) At church, Andy and Randal kinda started a discussion on whether Pope Benedict was in fact the Anti-Christ. I've heard that sorta thing myself, but the whole talk was a non-starter since it didn't get very far! When we got downstairs, I gave Eric and Vivian their gifts a couple weeks early. (I know Eric will still be here on his birthday and he's not going anywhere, but I might as well do it before I space it and forget like I did with Eric T.!) Turns out Vivian isn't flying out for France on my birthday anymore, but three days earlier.. so much for birthday luck, haha. Jon joked that her farewell dinner would be Pho, and the dessert would be Bon's... ooh, the grease and MSG would NOT be good! ("it oils the throat and larynx before we lead worship on Sundays, haha!")

Jackie, Dylan, Eric, Sheena, and Jon were variously playing the guitar / the drums / singing. We all had some chocolate cake... this girl Teresa took a whole plate home! She also forgot Dylan's name FOUR times tonight! Jon was experimenting / listening to the voice tags on Nathan's cell phone: "white Eric!" / "Chinese Eric!" / "Sarne Dragon!" (me... I still remember when he put it in, since we were eating Sunday lunch at the Granville Island Sammy J. Peppers with Danielle and Eric M.) He put Dylan's phone number in, and came up with "Dil-Dil" for Dylan... we didn't much get into how it sounded like something else, haha. Dylan didn't want his name dragged through the gutter, which is understandable. Some other possibilities were "Dilly," "P. Dilly" (we decided the "P" would stand for "Pho," which should be an honor... "Puff" was NOT original enough!), "Dill Pickle," and "Dilly Bar" like the stuff they have at Dairy Queen.

Vivian, Karen, Jon, Dylan, and I got to talking about certain obnoxious / cocky PNE co-workers of Vivian's... man, some people can be so annoying! Jon says the collectors got kicked out of a conference room since the night collectors were too messy last year: Vivian would kill to have HIS job, where he can read / play poker / chat for the majority of the time! Most of Jon's co-workers talk about cars, chicks, or sports... he doesn't get the car-related conversations about certain features. In fact, he's mostly like "Stop talking so I can read in peace!" (not out loud though, haha) Steph and Cindy were talking about Steph's temp job, which ends Wednesday: she likes the work, but it does make it hard to look for a real job like Mom's always bugging her to do! (Steph and Cindy are hanging out at Steveston next Friday: Timothy's frozen yogurt will be good, even if white Megan and Trish didn't feel like it earlier!) We talked about glasses, prescription, glasses breaking in a most unfixable part, Port Moody, Pearle Vision at Oakridge, etc.

Afterwards, Jon was half-joking around about beer / keg parties at Steamworks, even if Eric DID leave an hour earlier than the rest of us! (we stayed till 11:30!) We agreed multiculturalism at our church is a good thing... there were so many white people on Sunday by comparison, haha. (Megan, Trish, Vania's cousins, etc.) Reminds me of Winnie, Connie, and Jenny's German-Chinese cousin Felina and her friend Kirsten back in 2000, haha. After we dropped Cindy off at home, I mentioned that I'd seen John Jugovic on the bus. My brother laughed, and my sister wondered what he was doing nowadays (I don't know, I didn't talk to him!)... she also remarked, "You can't be TOPLESS on the bus... can you?!" Probably not, but he did it anyhow! Steph also thinks that being a lifetime subscriber to LJ (her term for a permanent account) is just too weird, and wonders how I keep up with everything. (she can see one or two journal sites, but not any more than that!) I recommended the blueberry mojitos, and Jon wondered how I had so much bling to spend on myself, haha. Contrary to what they believe, I do my best to save money. :D

Apparently, my sister thinks I shouldn't be so chicken and just email Mom myself... eh, I'm not ready for that yet! No, I'm not going to print it out: I don't have a printer, and I sent the email off to Jon's account a long time ago anyhow! According to them, my mom still wants to know if I'm free for Sunday lunch. I said fine as long as they'd be there, haha. (I need FOILS! :P) I also nearly destroyed her Minnie Mouse ornament air freshener thing by putting a bunch of books on it, but it was salvaged... hahaha, yay for that!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home