Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Drinking / future kids / memories of people triggered by old photo albums and such

Before dinner, my brother and I made a beer run to the liquor store: SO MUCH CHOICE, AIYA! The dinner with Dave was pleasant... except for when my brother and sister took pictures of my red face. Hey, I only had some beer (LA FIN DU MONDE and some Amber Ale) and some Willow Creek wine... plus Hawaiian coffee to boot! (caffeine and alcohol is a VERY potent combination for me, mwahahahahaha!) But we did take a few pictures of Mom's FLAMING RED face, hahaha! ("Dave won't ever want to come here again... every time he does, Sarne goes crazy!") We discussed soccer, Steph's collection of 13 Canucks jerseys, hockey, baseball (Yankees vs. Mariners), Toronto, and Nathan's drunk pictures. (he was SO red!) I told Corey about our red faces: he thinks we're broken, hahaha. (the scary part is that he might be correct, so far as the "red-face Asian gene" goes... on the other hand, Eric thinks I need Alcoholics Anonymous even if I'm not an anonymous Asian :P) The best part was when we looked through some extremely old family photo albums... baby / old-school pics, anyone? No, I wasn't drunk when I started laughing out of nowhere, or accidentally spilled beer on my shirt. However, I did finish off Jon's beer when he wasn't looking... hahaha, I am not going to be one of those club people who do that all the time. ("Where's my drink? I just set it down two seconds ago...") :P

My sister told me to get pregnant since Mom wants grandchildren... uh, I'm a long way off from even having a boyfriend / marriage, thanks! :P She says she'll feel sorry for my future kids... I believe she thinks they'll inherit my craziness and tendency to laugh randomly. (ask Eric.. he knows this tendency VERY WELL, haha) "I know they're my nieces and nephews, but do I really have to SEE them?!" Uh, what about YOUR kids? They'll be all hyper and loud... o_O But we don't know about our brother's future kids... maybe they'll be musical and laid-back like he is? Lots of time will tell, I suppose... ;)

Some of the people in the pictures: Dawn (who almost always looked pissed off, and was as skinny as her brother Geoffrey is now), us three, Justin, Clement, Fidela, Megan, Wayland, Julie (SO skinny!), Denise, Brian, Tracy, Bryant, Sophia, Gloria Leung (I remember her siblings Kent / Roanna / Nina / Vicson), David Marr, Daniel, Leah and Lael Patrick, Ross White (my sister's elementary school friend), Zachary Weavill (my sister's first boyfriend, in kindergarten no less), Carol and Nadia Moutal (Steph saw Nadia somewhere recently!), Vivian, Karen, Edwin, Karen Grace, Jessica, Rachel, Kate, Erin, Derek, Darren, Phil, Melia, Yvonne C., Eugene, our cousins Yvonne / Aaron / Lillian, parents and family friends, Grandma, Chung Yan, Belinda, Frances Chan, Eleanor Chan (I remember her brothers Raymond and Ronald), Belinda, Byron, Evelyn Cheung, Susan, Jeas Town (he ate candles! His sister was named Sachaa, and his parents were Zeke and Anna), Eric M., his parents and brother Kieran, Trine Wildhagen, Brandy Whibbs (my first best friend... she was adopted), Kim Berlinger (those three were my elementary school friends), Shira, Carmen (those two were my brother's friends), Jason and Joshua Lyle, Eunice, her grandma and parents, Vania, Sean, Vanessa, their parents, Kelvin, and others. Dave definitely didn't want to look at the "baby in bath" photos, and was amazed that certain Polaroids held up so well over the years! Man, that brings back memories! I remember being jealous of Gloria / Frances / Evelyn / Belinda / Eleanor because I felt their names were prettier than mine... I wished I'd been named something else, haha. (like Cordelia... very ANNE OF GREEN GABLES-ish, haha)

Those pictures made me think of Jennifer / Yvonne Tso, Duncan / Deborah Sze, Cecil / Cecilia Mak (they lived RIGHT across the street from school), Ben Mayan, Kevin / Darren / Lindsay Walshe, Deborah Urtilla-Reed, Nathan / Jeffrey Goldman, Chris / Jeffrey Littlejohn, Kevin Dent, Kirsten / Kristal / Kevin / Karen George, Jennifer Bertram, Tiffany / Catherine Ho, Evelyn Li, Annette / Rebecca Gold, Jonathan / Tania Kung, Andrew Wadden, Andrew / James / Lauren Sutton (I remember their mom Peggy quite well), Manfred Lau, Grant / Brian / Lori Nishi, Carla and Ginny Nielsen, Leon / Cole Stephens, Dawn Sumner, Vanessa Dwyer, Serena / Cassy McKay, Garrick / Hailey Chan, Chelsea / Brady Whitteker, Richard / Steven Close, Heidi / Tenille Evelyn, Denise / Aaron Hui (their mom Patsy was involved in a real estate scandal), Sebastian K., Charity / Adam Siu, Rogelio / Rebecca Duran, Louise Hui, Ingrid / Mark / Michelle Hau, Josephine Hung, Mary / Cynthia Oishi, Pip Yang, Steve Hagemoen, Angela / Daniel Yeung (he used to love me or so he said, haha), Vanessa Lucas, Athena / Timmy / Tommy Chan, Terry / Stephanie / Christina / Amelia Myckatyn, Jason / Nicki Ackerman (I remember their pet tarantulas and such!), Darren / Nicki Mackoff, Jason Turner, Jennifer / Steven / Kevin Wong (all in my elementary school), Ajay / Aneil Agrawal, Jennifer / Ruth / Fiona Hanson (I remember their parents John and Mary), Trevor Cox (PJ / school friends!), Jamie Reynolds, Terry Kwong, Adrienne Tompkins-Lane, Shannon / Dana Warsaba (I remember when Shannon told me her parents were divorced), Jennifer / Angie / Maggie Fung, Ravina Johal (neighborhood / school people), Eryn Trent, Brandi Brownlee, Jaime Latchford (he used to call me Carrots, haha), Christina / Michelle / Athina Sdrakas, Deanna / Darren Baker, Ruth Piskackova, Henrieta / Kristina / Laci / Tatiana Paukov, Andrew Rollo, and Josephine / Patrick / Jennifer / Ryan Uy. (high school people and their siblings)


Sorry for all the run-on sentences and such. Sometimes I wish my memory was worse, haha. Then again, I wouldn't be the Birthday Queen without it... so scratch that, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home