Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Girls Night Out

Linda, Sophia, Irene, Frances, and Helen came over.. they were kinda hungry by that time, but at least everything was ready by 8. My chicken soup was soothing and filling, the veggie samosas Sophia bought were spicy, the salad Frances made was good for vegetable intake, the appetizers Linda bought were good, and the pie Irene bought went along very well with my fruit sherbet for dessert. We were very full after that meal! :)

They wanted to know about my trip, so I showed them my sister's online photo album.. lots of pictures there, but it was worth it for the weird nicknames and awesome photo skills. Pictures do tell a story better than words, after all. ;) I showed them the Anne of Green Gables porcelain doll that I got, the red dirt rocks I collected off the PEI beach, and a few actual photos that I had.

Sophia told us this funny story about the tollbridges in Houston. She and her husband John were there recently, and had to take this tollbridge that required you to pay in increments, depending on how far you went. There were six different lanes, and somehow they ended up in the "exact change required" lane when they meant to go to some other lane. They were wondering how to pay, when the driver of the car in front of them just threw some money in the booth. So when they got there, John threw a dollar bill and a quarter in the direction of the booth. The gate wouldn't open for them, so John had to get out of the rental car and figure out what was wrong, holding up an entire line of cars behind them. Apparently, the "exact change required" lane only took quarters, but it didn't SAY that anywhere. After he got change for his dollar bill and threw it in the booth (with some guy asking if something was wrong), they sped out of there FAST! :D

Speaking of laughs, Helen got a good one when she looked in my bathroom.. there's a leak in the ceiling, and the ceiling itself looks like it's coming apart. Luckily, the ceiling leak is where the shower is.. no water on the floor from it! Everyone advised me to call my landlord again, even though I already had when I noticed it months ago. I think I'll do that tomorrow sometime.. Helen advised me to take a picture, since she thinks my siblings (who are away in Toronto for school) will also find it funny. Knowing them, they'll be like: "Aiya! Get that fixed.. it might fall down on your head when you're taking a shower!" (who knows, it just might.. very scary thought!)

We also talked about church things like the new church building and how we felt after the events of Jan. 11, Krispy Kreme / Tim Ho's doughnuts, work, my guilt over missing Sunday (Frances said they were fine, although little Ethan had "an accident"), local signage being confusing, and accidents on local bridges. Definitely a good time, and it was very nice seeing everyone again!

Now, I'm outta here.. must check email, and listen to Corey's impressions of last night. I said I'd tell him about it tonight, since he was very sleepy when I started to tell him about it last night when I finally got off the phone with three different people. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home