Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Laundry annoyances

I got my bedroom window fixed by the assistant manager, thank goodness.. it was just locked up really tight! You bet I have it unlocked for now!


On the other hand....

I'm thinking I picked the wrong time to do my laundry!

One of the two washing machines in the second-floor laundry room was out of order, so I used the working one. I think I might have put in a little too much detergent or something, because when I returned to put the clothes in the dryer, there were clumps of it all over my (mainly dark) laundry. So I put it in for another wash cycle, which cost more money.. but what can you do?

I got back to find out that the washing machine I'd used was now out of order... I sure as heck didn't do anything to it! What do you know, the sinks in the laundry room didn't actually work! So I had to haul my heavy wet laundry back to my apartment, dump the clothes in the shower, and try to get all the white clumps off as best I could with a LOT of cold water! (having remembered that warm water makes things set, which isn't what I wanted in this case)

Now, I'm just hoping the second-floor dryers work.. and that my clothes are actually kinda clean after all this! Yes, I tried the third-floor washing machines, but they were both in use... and there's NO way I'm going over to the other buildings in the complex just to use the laundry rooms! I got a ton of water all over me, the floor, and everything else... very annoying!


Yeah, I was running out of socks and underwear. :P


Edit at 5:30

It would be NICE if the apartment management put a sign on the borked second-floor dryers, too! Just saying, so maybe I wouldn't waste QUITE so much money in the process.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home