Sunday, August 28, 2005

Goals derailed / hanging out with Eric H.

My earlier stated goal of finishing the retro-tag for all my March 2005 entries didn't come to fruition, as Eric H. got on MSN and wanted to see if I could hang out tonight for some bubble tea / chilling time somewhere... he'd even come to my place and pick me up! Since I was feeling spontaneous and also wanted to get out of here, I readily agreed... and scored a ride to church tomorrow from Eric M. into the bargain! I have some family lunch thing tomorrow, so I can't avoid a certain person forever... oh well, I guess it won't be too bad so long as I'm not in the car ALONE with her anytime soon! :P Eric H. wanted to know if Jon could come too, so I called my brother: he was kinda tired, but wouldn't mind if we came over to hang out for a bit... of course we'd call before doing so! Eric also offered to treat me to the PNE sometime next week... those sound like good interesting times, haha. (like August 2003, haha)

Eric said he'd be here around 10, so I got a little worried when it was 10:20 and no sign of him. I decided to call him: after like fifteen rings on his cell phone ("dude! answer ya cell phone, yo!"), he finally answered... thank goodness he was close by! Turns out his parents wanted him to do something for them that took longer than expected, but there was nothing he could have done about that. We chilled at White Spot instead of at my place after getting something from McDonalds: it was better that way since it was still nice and quiet at the restaurant. He brought up Phil and Megan as long-distance inspiration... but then those two had a marriage plan and they still broke up! Kinda disheartening, but then they SEEMED okay with each other last week... of course, we can't know unless we're them!

We talked about Stephen, persistence, being slow to respond, Fay, what Nathan had told him, his perspective, processing issues, online talking vs. real life talks, and what his mistakes could have been lately. As a mark of thanks for my listening to him and all, the meal was his treat. Definitely got to talk about a lot of stuff, even if he didn't have Jon's guy opinion! I tend to take my time to process things as well, but sometimes I want instant answers... that might have been my failing a few months ago. We'll see about the PNE later on with his cousin... I have no idea when Jon works there this week, but Eric can pick me up if needed. That time in 2003, Jon was working there anyhow before Fellowship, so we got dropped off at the front gate. I remember we waited an hour and a half for Yazmine that time, too... at the wrong gate, oops. We're no longer talking because of HER "50 cent" delusion, and no, I'm not talking about the rapper.

Anyhow, that was certainly a good end to the night. I certainly don't mind being spontaneous the next time he asks me via MSN to hang out... I value time with my good friends! :D


P.S. Stevie Ray Vaughan / Double Trouble's Pride and Joy is so distinctive... you can figure it out from the first note! (as my brother said once)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home