Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Spending time with Jon at Oakridge / Random Survey

This morning, my mom was late picking me up... to her credit, she did send me an email. But she didn't count on the email servers being "late" in making sure it arrived to Yahoo in a timely fashion! I told Jon about the time a few weeks ago that I'd received spam for 2007 cars in an email dated May 2002... I figure Jeremy and Eric would know more about email servers than I do, so told him to ask them. He said that he might go to the All India Sweets outing with the guys, so I told him about Karen's Fellowship emails and to tell her if he wanted to be on that email list, although he's still undecided what to do. (Regent seminary counts as school...) Then I asked him what Mom's reaction was when he came home last night with a ton of CDs that I'd given him: luckily, she was too busy with Sudoku. ;)

Lunch was all right: I read some of Jon's Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed while talking to him about Jeremy and the jazz festival. Mom's old co-workers Normie and Lillian were nice to us, and marveled at how we (hadn't) changed, haha. After that, Jon and I went to the library, but it was closed through July 3 due to flooding. (no, I hadn't heard about that) I also told him the hilarious "hugging = making out" Mom story after he told me about his new cell number. He thought it was pretty funny, too.

We stopped by Kin's Farm Market for a while, and noted a couple of signage mistakes. We're not experts, but we're pretty sure that tomatoes are NOT siu choy (Asian veggies)... they got the general concept right with the "green peppers" sign, but not really since the produce displayed was RED peppers! Then we went to the bookstore before Jon's dental appointment, where we found a copy of In Cold Blood (which Jon wants to read, and which Mr. Spearman lent me in Law 12) for $21... I think we can find that for cheaper somewhere else (Book Warehouse?) or for free at the library! (but Jon jokingly won't care if the book's on my card, heh) I asked if Jon had seen the Houston manager's tantrum on TV last night, but he'd missed it. He figures it's on Youtube somewhere, and asked if I used it with the "slow" connection I have: not much, but it is interesting! (found it: Phil Garner Ejected) Speaking of Youtube, that reminds me... Corey wanted me to watch a couple of Youtube videos the other night: Japanese stuff and more Japanese stuff.

I found a few Bathroom Readers (quotable quotes / book of the dumb / extraordinary facts) and a book about technology run amuck, but didn't buy any. Then I spent so long reading She Wanted It All (Kathy Casey) that I was late meeting Mom back at Murchies. I didn't realize that until Jon walked in to get me, so it wasn't conscious payback. ;) Now to stay cool and hydrated here...


Here's a Myspace / room / random survey from Amy, via Myspace bulletin:

YOUR MYSPACE:
1. Is your display name from a song?: No.
2. Do you have over 100 friends?: No.

YOUR PAGE?
3. Do you have pictures of yourself?: Yes.
4. Do you get 1-3 comments every day? I suppose that's the average.
5. Do you have a song?: No, that's annoying as hell.

IN YOUR ROOM:
1. Do you have a wood floor or carpet?: Carpet.
2. Are your walls painted bright colors?: No, they're beige.
3. Do you have artwork hanging up on the wall?: Not really.
4. Do you have clothes on the floor?: Yes, unfortunately.
5. Do you have stuffed animals?: Yes.
6. Do you have a hidden stash of candy somewhere? I think so.
7. Do you have your own TV?: No.
8. Do you have over 100 CDs?: Yes, but they're not in my room.
9. Do you have a bunch of pictures of bands and celebrities?: Not really.

WOULD YOU EVER:
1. sing a solo?: I used to, but not now!
2. Take an hour-long shower?: I already have.
3. Smoke pot just to be cool?: Probably not... at least, not just to be cool.
4. Spend all night on homework?: I probably have in the past...

DO YOU LIKE:
1. More than one person?: No.
2. Daisies?: Yes.
3. To get your nails done?: No.
4. Music?: Of course!
5. Black raspberry ice cream?: I've never tried it, but that sounds good.
6. The beach?: Sometimes.
7. Cats?: Meh... I guess.

NOW
Is your hair up?: Yes.
Is your phone right beside you?: Yeah.
Do you wish you were somewhere else: Not really, unless that "somewhere else" is in Australia or somewhere European.
Are you cold?: NO, IT'S 30 DEGREES OUTSIDE! ARE YOU INSANE?!
Are you excited?: No, I'm just simmering down to a dull roar. ;)
Are you watching TV?: No.
Who's the last person you IMed?: Corey.
Recently done anything you regret?: Sorta.
Lied?: Have I lied now? No... but I have recently, if that's what you're asking.
Trip over your own feet?: Almost, when exiting Eric's place yesterday... I hate my lack of balance!
Thrown up because you cried so hard? No.

THIS WEEK
Have any plans? Yes... Milestone's on Friday.
Have you yelled at someone? Yes.
Have you cried? Not yet, but I might. You never know, after all.
Have you called more than 3 people? No.
Have you IMed more than 3 people? Yes.

RANDOM
1. First thing you did this morning? Cursed the sun streaming in through the window.
2. Do you consider yourself good-looking? No.
3. Do you have a crush? Not really.
4. What's something you look forward to in the next 6 weeks? Time spent with Jon and our friends in the summer!
5. What's annoying you right now? Nothing really.
6. Do you want anything? My own personal servant.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home