Saturday, June 24, 2006

Bertuzzi OUT of Vancouver! / Dragon Ball anticipation / Evites / Oscar's / outings

Note: LJ House Cast blogquiz, by Jecca.


Eric picked me up at 7:15 as advertised, and when he turned on the radio, we learned that Vancouver had orchestrated a five-player deal with the Florida Panthers: Alex Auld, Bryan Allen, and TODD BERTUZZI are going to Florida in exchange for Roberto Luongo and some draft pick in tomorrow's draft. The guys spent a lot of time discussing that tonight, believe me! When I told Eric that my sister didn't need a ride home, he informed me that she had emailed both of us about it this morning at around 11, and figured that it didn't register with me since I knew the information already. (that, or it got lost in all my spam and such.. perhaps!) He also thought I let out a mini-cackle, but not really... I was just reacting to the radio news about the trade, haha.

At church, we informed Chung and Jeremy about the trade. I asked Jeremy how his week had been: he'd gone to a pub on Monday for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup, and it reminded him of Steamworks... it also had these big-screen TVs and good beer. I think Jon would like it, haha. Then Jeremy asked me whether there'd be Dragon Ball on Monday night: probably Tuesday would be more reasonable, but 1:30 Toronto time is still not Jon's bedtime! (however, Dragon Ball DOES close at 12 or so...) One thing's for sure: by this time next week, I'll have Dragon Ball BBT again!

Our Bible Study group outing will be at Milestones at 8 next week: apparently, they don't mind coming into Richmond since it's easier for me. Heh, I'm so blessed to have friends like these. Karen also told us that her personality was coming through in the Fellowship emails: well, I could have told you that! People also planned games and such for next month's BBQ, and we educated Karen on the "slow response to Evites" phenomenon. It's not that the thing didn't work... it's that the event is in a month, and if you're highly unpredictable (as Jeremy characterized himself) or don't know what you're doing then, it'll take time to reply! We told her to give it a week or two, haha. Apparently Alan beat her to the first reply, heh. ("I feel bad for the organizers of events if I don't reply right away!")

Later, the guys were discussing All India Sweets, where they'd be going for their outing next week. Those sweets are highly concentrated in sugar and such, so they're actually sweeter than sugar. Jeremy was saying that he took one sweet from an all-you-can-eat buffet once, and discovered that to be a mistake since he couldn't eat any more after all that sweetness. Then Eric, Dylan, Jeremy, and I were trying to explain to Randal who Jon was: yes, he's related to me biologically... we're not just using "brother" in a spiritual sense when we say he's my brother! We said that he was wild and crazy (chest chops, jumping in front of people's cars), a blend of me and Steph (weird and loud, but not quite as much), really musical, and was into weird food combinations (which Jeremy had to back me up on since Eric had gone somewhere). I told Jeremy the haggis story, haha. (his orchestra went to Scotland once for a festival... some people tried haggis there, and then decided to try it here a few months later) Randal then thought that he knew who Jon was: well, he'll get to know my brother when he gets back! (Jon's been scarce these last couple of years...)

Dylan brought up going to the Hollywood Café, but then Chung told him that it closed at 11. Since it was 10:20, we elected to go to Oscar's instead... Vivian, Dianne, Terry, and some other new guy (Mark?) joined us. We had to wait for a table, so Eric and Jeremy discussed Shaolin Soccer and other things while I mainly listened in. Much humor was shared, though... that's always a good thing! The ten of us were split into two tables, which was okay. Jeremy likes Congee Noodle House since they usually have more than one big table open at 11, and the food is reasonably priced! (not that it isn't at Oscar's...)

We discussed giving blood, using people to serve in church areas like ushering / counting offering / Powerpoint, Pho and bubble tea, gas prices and tanker capacity, Nathan's whereabouts, farewell parties (Jeremy and I expect to be in the loop immediately if Nathan ever has one!), hosting farewell parties for yourself if you were gone for a weekend ("You only see me on weekends, but I'll be gone next weekend for three days... here's a farewell party for the sake of my having one since you won't see me for two weeks!" is good logic!), shopping for shirts and pants (custom tailoring!), the tip and tax on the bill, and other such stuff. Does it really make you a freak of nature if your arms are too long? (two inches longer than they should be) Jeremy's shirt was the illustration of that, heh. Jeremy and I had strong milk coffee, so we both figured we'd be up till all hours tonight: good thing neither of us has to be anywhere at a certain time on Saturday, heh.

After Eric and I dropped Dylan and Jeremy off at church, it was homeward bound for us! He's going to the NHL draft tomorrow with Vivian S., Nathan, and Steph: too bad his tickets aren't general admission so he can't sit with them, but maybe later if people leave after specific draft rounds! I told him about a random thought I'd had about divesting my socks in the car: no, of course I wouldn't take off my socks there! He thought I was talking about vests even after I spelled out the word for him... then I brought up "gesticulations" for some reason. It's true that my vocabulary leaves him wondering, haha! Then he told me that the drunken pictures of me were on one of Steph's CDs which she can't find in her room. That reminded me of the "gymnastic poop" picture: he says he doesn't want me to send it to him, but I'll be all sneaky about it on MSN. ;)

When I got home, he jokingly charged me $5 to open the trunk so I could get my stuff. Robbery, indeed! I pretended to give him the money, then snatched it out of his hand... good times! Then he asked if I knew what "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" meant: of course I do, but I'm not going to say it! (our version would be "Whiskey Tango Bravo," hahaha) I got on the computer to find a message from Eric Ho: he has dinner plans on Saturday, but he'll let me know what happens... maybe he'll come over afterwards to chat. Whatever ends up working out will be just fine by me!

Addendum: Eric and Jeremy felt discriminated against twice tonight. In Eric's songbook, there was a sticky note on one of the pages which said "White" on it. At the restaurant, Jeremy wondered to me why he and Eric got forks instead of chopsticks: maybe the waitresses see white people and just assume they can't use chopsticks! (sigh...) As Rich told Eric a long time ago at the good Pho place near church: "Man, your chopstick skills are better than mine!"


Your 1950s Name is:

Victoria Phyllis

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home