Saturday, June 24, 2006

Easter Eggs, Slip-Ups, dreams of Kent's Kitchen, being redundant, and free books

Sites of the Day (so far): Easter Eggs and Slip-Ups. Hidden features and entertaining mistakes are quirky, and thus up my alley. ;)


Music Facts of the Day: The Jack is Aussie slang for an STD. Now we all know what the AC/DC song means. Also, the Doors included the then-current Ajax slogan "stronger than dirt!" at the end of their song Touch Me. The line is from an Ajax bleach commercial where a white knight rides around destroying dirt.

I had a dream that involved my moving out from a conference centre. Somehow, all my stuff had to fit in Eric's grey car... and I had a lot of clothes and such! Then there was the part of the dream where our whole church got together in a huge room, and there was a BUBBLE TEA DISPLAY! We had a huge dinner with a lot of sweet-and-sour pork and other stuff. I remember giving a bag of pink / yellow / white jellybeans to the little kids, including Maxine's baby. Joshua was somehow named Dallas in the dream... very weird stuff! o_O

Apparently, my subconscious is still stressed about Summer Conference (coming up in a month!). The jellybeans come from my sharing some with Billy and the others last night during Bible Study. Bubble tea can be easily explained away: considering Jeremy and I were talking a bunch about it last night in the context of Jon coming back, I'm not surprised it was on my mind! As for the sweet-and-sour pork: Dylan and others were talking a lot about food from Kent's Kitchen for the Koinonia lunch, and the budget that they have of $5 a person. I'm sure that will show up on the menu of ten trays! This excludes rice because the church has a rice cooker (of course... we're Chinese!), and bags of rice are relatively cheap anyhow!

I've been reading more about the hockey trade, too. It'll be interesting to have Luongo in town!

Jeremy and I also discussed redundancies last night after Dianne announced that since we had to wait 20 minutes anyhow, she was going to the "ATM machine" at the 7-11 nearby. (Chong Lee Market and Golden Oscar's rule!) We also came up with "HIV virus," "SIN number," and other things. Then I told him about MOTAS, whereupon Eric mentioned that I spent all my waking hours on the Internet. Not QUITE true... :P

I also forgot to mention that I got a free book yesterday. James Houston donated a LOT (700+?) of copies of The Transforming Power of Prayer: Deepening Your Friendship With God to the church, and Pastor Edward mentioned that we needed that for our Spiritual Formation programs. Since I'd somehow missed the initial blitz of "OMG MUST GET COPIES NOW!" that went around the church, I indicated that I needed a book. On Sunday, I had to leave early (Terrence!), so didn't grab a copy from Pastor Edward. Thank goodness Dylan went around to all the Bible Study groups with a bunch of copies to ask if anyone needed one... this is one free book I'll keep!

This would be unlike my treatment of Somebodies and Nobodies: Overcoming the Abuse of Rank and The Road to Reality: Coming Home to Jesus from an Unreal World, both of which I figured I didn't need anymore. I thought I was moving earlier in the year and didn't need the extra heaviness... at least 18 other books all suffered the same fate. =/ Now I can get Uncle John's Colossal Collection of Quotable Quotes (the Bathroom Reader of quotes) sometime next week because my book list will be even! (yes, I'm OCDL... but you knew that!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home