Saturday, June 24, 2006

Annoying mosquito / Reflections / Fake reviews / Frustrations / Sweets

Caught up with blogs today since it's Saturday. I'm glad I have all this extra time now that Awana's over, but I will miss the kids too! Dawn highlighted a funny MSN snippet where her brother Geoff was building a moose out of clothespins while their mom was talking about the temptation of Jesus, haha. (I bet Auntie Betty was horrified, too!) She was also angry because of a stupid annoying mosquito buzzing around her room (she has no idea how it got IN), and there's no hot water in the building either! Methinks she'll be happy enough to return here on August 5!

Leave it to Jon to title his latest post with the name / brand of a beer (LA FIN DU MONDE), haha. He promises his readership some reflections when he gets back to Vancouver, but I'm thinking that he better promise me / Jeremy / Jen some bubble tea and beer FIRST! (I'm laughing so hard right now...) Dave says he had an epiphany on the subway, which is good.

Phil's posted random pictures of him and his girlfriend eating cacti (no, not literally), being a "bus driver" for nine people (public transit = be nice to bus drivers!), hanging out with the youth there, pool parties, Texan sunsets, the Ford Expedition they lent him, Bible studies, little kids and more parties, and various San Antonio pictures from a road trip they took. He was also kinda miffed at this one dude about theological readings and such, but it's passed now. New pastors in new situations, indeed... definitely a learning experience in frustration and new ways of doing things.

Spoz has CD reviews (the Dresden Dolls) / fake blurbs about his blog from various real news outlets and famous people / weekender doings up. Here are the fake blurbs:

NEW YORK TIMES - "I don't know who this is, but I'm changing the locks!"
THE UK DAILY TELEGRAPH - "you suck! no, really.. come around sometime, we got $50! sucky sucky!"
NME - "we love you, no.. wait.. we HATE YOU!.. no.. we LOVE YOU! wait.. who are YOU again?"
SYDNEY MORNING HERALD - "Adelaide? hahaha.. where the F**K is that? no really.. we're asking?"
THE MELBOURNE AGE - "we highly disapprove of your low brow pedestrian filth! begone, you foul wretch!!"
MIXMAG - "duuuuuuuuuude... hahahaha.. I'm so HIGH right now!"
THE ADELAIDE ADVERTISER - "my cat smells like cat food! :)"
SPIN - "you spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right right right round.. uuuugh, sh*t... I'm gonna be sick... *BLEEAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!*"
BONO - "do you wanna see THE EDGE cry!? do YOU!? coz that's wot yer making him do.. arse!"
ANGELINA JOLIE - "sh*t.. um, duude? I think we need to talk.. this baby kinda looks a LOT like you!"
THE POPE - "FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME!! there's NO FREAKIN' LEPRECHAUNS in the VATICAN!!"
AL JAZEERA - "SPOZ's RANT.. you crack me up! ha ha ha! oh, and DEATH TO ALL AMERICANS!"
GEORGE W BUSH - "uh ee oh.. I did me a poopee poo in me peepee pants *WAAAUUAHH!!*"
TV GUIDE - "we're giving you 4 stars upside the head, b*tch!"
ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE - "la la la weeee're not listeeeninnnng! :)"

Steph didn't really have any time to be doing crazy things while our parents were away, and had several reflections on over-commitment / sacrifice / being "selfish." Oh, and apparently Mom promised to fart on her, and did. ("I'll FART on you... I PROMISE!" can only have come out of my mom's mouth, after all!)

Vivian apparently had fun with shooting at the PNE midway with friends, posted a Cathy strip about ice cream, cleaned up her room a little, came across a VERY sweet (diabetic) Care Bear cake on Google images, and vowed not to eat any more sweets since she's eaten too many of the darn things since returning home!

Ah, the good times and vicarious living through others' writings / photos... :D

Now it's finally time to catch up on comments and my friends page!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home