Monday, June 26, 2006

Corey, burning CDs, Reverend Horton Heat, and funk!

Burned a lot of CDs in Nero for my brother tonight, after I reviewed earlier entries here to refresh myself on how it was done. Yes, I know how it goes... but I didn't want to do the wrong thing. So now he has more GWAR than he ever wanted, plus the Ramones / Arrogant Worms / Sex Pistols / Type O Negative / prank calls / much more! I'll wait on giving that to him till we hit Dragon Ball tomorrow, since my mom thinks he has too many CDs already. (heh, there's NO SUCH THING!) Since the whole process took a lot longer than I anticipated, I'm glad I did it tonight and not tomorrow afternoon at 5! o_O

Corey told me: "Once, I said I needed to burn some CDs. My sister's friend wanted me to give them to her instead of ruining them like that. :P" Sounds like something my mom would say... taking things way too literally might be a bad idea sometimes! ;)

Some of the Stooges / ohGr tracks went missing from the original directories for reasons unknown to me. Therefore, I wasted two CDs trying to get everything I had originally for my brother. Hope he appreciates it, although who knows? He seemed to like the Buzzcocks and such stuff last summer...

I had to make a new directory and burn ohGr songs to a whole new audio CD since it wouldn't fit on any CDs that I had. Then I asked Corey for suggestions on what to do if I wanted to fill up 600 MB of stuff on the CD...

[02:41:06] Six Feet Under: you don't know the name of my cockatiel? :P surely I have mentioned that plenty of times before
[02:41:46] Six Feet Under: and HE is not named after my sister :P
[02:42:14] Six Feet Under: why would a pet have the same name as anyone in the family anyway? that'd be weird
[02:42:17] Hamsterette: no, I don't think you've ever mentioned the name of your cockatiel to me :P
[02:42:34] Hamsterette: hah, I'm being weird :P
[02:43:24] Six Feet Under: he's named after a WWF wrestler and a very well-known science fiction character as well :P
[02:43:47] Hamsterette: yeah, like that tells me anything :P
[02:44:17] Hamsterette: now I have to burn an audio CD of ohGr, unless you can give me suggestions of 600 MB of stuff that I can download in like half an hour :P
[02:44:45] Six Feet Under: look for stuff on torrent sites :P you can get most any music you want...
[02:45:17] Hamsterette: okay... now, as for the bird... I wouldn't know most WWE wrestlers these days..
[02:45:41] Six Feet Under: these days? he's like 12-13 years old
there, download that
[02:49:02] Six Feet Under: it's more than 600 megs, but just leave out The Original Cosmic Funk Crew since it's just a greatest hits thing and everything there is on the other albums, and it should be close :P
[02:49:53] Six Feet Under: that's only Funkadelic though, no Parliament :P so you're missing a ton of good P-Funk songs there, but it's a good start
[02:51:03] Hamsterette: as far as I am aware, my brother has not mentioned P-Funk / Funkadelic...
[02:51:16] Six Feet Under: so what? :P
[02:51:30] Six Feet Under: you never said that was a requirement
[02:52:09] Hamsterette: heh, no... but I guess we'll see....
[02:52:19] Six Feet Under: Parliament
[02:54:17] Hamsterette: is that better?
[02:56:42] Six Feet Under: it's the same type of thing :P Parliament albums tend to have themes to them though... storylines, usually about Starchild making Sir Nose D'voidofunk (devoid of funk :P) dance by doing funky things
[02:57:50] Hamsterette: which would you recommend over the other?
[02:57:50] Six Feet Under: same people for the most part too
[02:58:16] Six Feet Under: uh.. both? :P a greatest hits mix of both mixed together would be best
[02:58:21] Six Feet Under: they're the same people
[02:58:30] Hamsterette: well, yeah... but that doesn't really help..
[02:58:55] Six Feet Under: George Clinton used Parliament first, but didn't have legal rights to that name or something, so they became Funkadelic, and later got Parliament back :P so they're all the same
[02:59:30] Six Feet Under: bootlegs of P-Funk concerts are the best actually :P
[03:00:31] Hamsterette: choose something for the split ends' sake!
[03:01:03] Six Feet Under: Reverend Horton Heat. 557 megs
[03:01:20] Six Feet Under: just get that :P you can figure out P-Funk later, it can be complicated :P
[03:02:26] Hamsterette: YES! That's what Kyle always wanted me to listen to!
[03:02:56] Six Feet Under: Baddest of the Bad, Wiggle Stick, Lie Detector, Bales of Cocaine... good stuff :P
[03:04:35] Six Feet Under: it's like rock that actually is a progression from old rock n' roll.. not metal type rock which is played waaay differently :P I need to see him live sometime.. Rev. Horton Heat is here like 3 times a year and I've never gone
[03:08:22] Six Feet Under: and my bird's name is Luke. both for Luke Skywalker, and Bushwhacker Luke (of the Bushwhackers, Luke & Butch :P)

the bird in the cage next to him was named Butch, so that's where I got the idea :P he came from a lady that hand raises them... if you go to a pet store, they're pretty skittish around people, but hand-raised ones are personable and friendly :P but they only latch onto 1-2 people, so he doesn't want much to do with people that aren't me :P
[03:11:46] Hamsterette: ah, the Bushwhackers... crazy folk, they were.. licking everyone's heads...
[03:22:24] Six Feet Under: I saw them live once :P I high-fived Luke, even! :P they did the head-licking stuff mere feet away from me!
[03:23:02] Hamsterette: nice... now why is this thing STILL not doing a thing?
[03:29:21] Six Feet Under: I don't know, click on it and see if the main tab thing shows an error
[03:29:49] Hamsterette: main tab thing?
[03:30:07] Hamsterette: (it says "Scrape OK" under Tracker Status, whatever that means :P)
[03:43:51] Hamsterette: oh, forget it!

So yeah... I would have downloaded that except the torrent refused to work. I don't think I want to sit around all night waiting for something that won't happen! I've reached the limit of how much I can stay up anyway... going to bed now. :P (I *might* try it again tomorrow, but I'm not that hopeful!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home