Sunday, June 25, 2006

I saw a car taking up THREE parking spaces today...

On the way to church this morning, Steph told me that she'd blown out her back and almost lost her voice: seems she was yelling a lot at yesterday's draft, and playing hockey / exercising maybe a bit too hard. She also said that she has a paid four-day weekend on Friday and Monday, so she will be able to spend the Monday with Terrence when he has his layover. Guys assume a lot of things, but we'll see what happens. She wants to go down to the States with Vivian L. then, but doesn't feel like spending the day at the border if she brings Terrence along! Vivian S. goes to Israel for two weeks starting next Sunday, so that'll be an experience for her.

At church, I waited until the singing was over before telling Jeremy the news that Jon would be back four hours earlier than expected. Luckily, he didn't seem to remember that I'd told him 10:30 originally, hehe. He also noticed a spider on the right side of the room in the congregation... for some reason, I didn't notice it, but everyone who DID was watching it all through service to see where it would end up! Afterwards, I talked to Citrus / Jason M. / Danielle about things like summer plans and the upcoming long weekend. Then we went out to the parking lot and saw some silver Nissan taking up THREE PARKING SPOTS!

Someone had called Buster's Towing, so we all hung around to watch the people tow the car away. (there was a note on the windshield that warned the car owners that the car would be towed if they didn't park properly!) Jeremy, Eric, and Nathan were talking about Dragon Ball plans tomorrow with this new information that I'd given them: Steph has a lot of work to do with RCMP stuff, so likely won't be going. Eric offered to drive, so that's good. Steph bugged Eric about his Ireland World Cup T-shirt, since they aren't even in it this time... all in good fun! Maybe I'll wear my England shirt next week, haha.

Citrus wanted Jeff to ticket the car, while Jeremy thought that they could get at least six people to lift the front end and move it that way. Steph, Jeremy, Citrus, Joey, Chris, and I all admired Sam's new cell phone while waiting for the tow truck. It was quite neat: they used tools to break into the car, and then had little wheels on a device that they used to slide under the car to move it out of the way, and attached it to the truck. Alan termed it a valuable lesson, and even baby Benjamin seemed interested too! Jeremy told us about the towings in Yaletown: they can apparently tow a car in like five seconds if it's parked the wrong way in a parallel-park spot and such!

After that, we talked about the Jazz Festival (it starts tonight!) while looking through Jeremy's festival program. He wondered who the "Mystery Groove Band" was... maybe Sigur Rós or Buck 65. In any case, it's always a band that he wants to see and somehow misses when they're in town. Then they got to talking about the inter-church BBQ this afternoon, Nathan working on a paper and then not being here next weekend, the World Urban Fest taking place a few blocks from Jeremy's place (he could hear it last night, and wants to check it out), and other topics. Eventually, my sister wondered whether I should go in to help with the toddlers since the teens had gone off to Sunday School some time before. Eric told me that the toddlers were already running amok (I didn't think so), and Steph said that there was this one time she'd talked to Sam and J-Mak about Harry Potter / X-MEN 3 till 1... the Chinese service was done, even! I let everyone else know I was leaving: I'll see Jeremy tomorrow probably, anyhow!

The toddlers were fine today: only five of them, so it wasn't too bad. After Sunday School, I wished Jeff and Anita a happy anniversary: they're not going to do anything too expensive, but keep it simple. Margaret was trying to avoid Natalie's tickles, while Natalie's brother Nathan wanted a piggyback ride from Chris. I alerted Chris to that fact while he was talking to the guys about his Math Camp T-shirts and such, so the kid got what he wanted. Talked to Isabel, and discovered that it was her brother Darren's 12th birthday today. He said it didn't feel any different, so Vivian (his cousin) and I told him to wait a few weeks before getting back to us.

We all went upstairs and outside after a while: Jen and Karen were talking about how the breeze outside helped with the heat. Wearing a black shirt (as Steph, Jeremy, Karen, and others had) wasn't TOO bad, but wearing black pants would be BAD! Lying on the couch to watch TV isn't bad, but if it's a LEATHER couch where you have to PEEL yourself off... ick! I talked to Sam and Benedict about their summer plans: work and summer school are okay, but days off are awesome! Jen mentioned to me that we could hang out at Steamworks and Dragon Ball with Jon a lot more now that he was back for good: definitely, and summer's good for that vibe!

My parents decided to have Pho for lunch because they had an anniversary special going on... but it was SO HOT! While there, Steph suggested that I take the bus to the townhouse tomorrow before 6:30 since that was when Jon's flight comes in. That's immensely preferable to sleeping over, since I need my private downtime. They could pick me up on the way to the airport, but that might be inconvenient. She also told me that Justin was going to Summer Conference: I should remember to pack his golf Bathroom Reader / bookmark with me then! (I also need to give Eric T.'s birthday card to him, as well as give Derek's birthday card to Darren... maybe next weekend!) Mom bought us Slurpees: I had a crazy flavor with lime / blue Mountain Dew Kryptonite Ice / Coke / watermelon! I remember trying to access the Slurpee website with my 486 ages ago, but that was way too painful. Maybe now it'll be better!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home