Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I'd like to go to a school with funhouse mirrors! / Large dog?! / WASP

More relevant Taiwan conversation:

[18:51:26] AlenaBrolxFlami: will it be spring in Taiwan?
[18:52:44] mrptptpt: I think it'll be spring everywhere, except for those upside-down weirdos in the southern hemisphere
[18:58:06] AlenaBrolxFlami: haha... I know a few of those people right now.
[19:09:37] mrptptpt: sounds like summer is the one to stick around for. it's probably hot as hell there in the summer, but the fruit is supposed to be really good then
[19:09:56] mrptptpt: mangoes and pineapples, and probably lots of other things I don't know about
[19:15:24] AlenaBrolxFlami: what does Jane say about the summer weather?
[19:16:19] mrptptpt: she complains about it being hot sometimes, but not too much
[19:16:39] mrptptpt: we'll see.. hopefully the school has air conditioning :P
[19:19:58] AlenaBrolxFlami: that would be good :P
[19:23:53] mrptptpt: well, it's pretty fancy inside... I'm sure they do
[19:24:11] mrptptpt: they have funhouse mirrors, a giant floor piano... indoor slides...
[19:24:15] mrptptpt: well, maybe they don't have air conditioning after buying all that crap
[19:49:47] AlenaBrolxFlami: sounds more like an amusement park than a school...
[19:51:01] mrptptpt: their first floor / lobby area kind of is
[19:51:30] AlenaBrolxFlami: interesting!
[20:09:20] mrptptpt: interesting as fuck
[20:12:32] AlenaBrolxFlami: no fucking in the school, you hear?
[20:23:30] mrptptpt: why not?
[20:31:00] AlenaBrolxFlami: you could get fired
[20:31:23] mrptptpt: well, I'll have to be careful if that kind of opportunity comes up
[20:31:31] AlenaBrolxFlami: .... WHAT?!
[21:57:36] mrptptpt: hey, Google Maps has streetview for Taiwan now :P I can "drive" around my school
[22:03:53] mrptptpt: not sure if that link will have you pointed in the right direction, but turn around until you see the big building with castle stuff, and a big inflatable arch with whales on the top :P
[22:11:13] AlenaBrolxFlami: hold on... watching show about woman who was gunned down in cold blood
[22:20:18] mrptptpt: I found Jane's house too, by attempting to "drive home" from FE'21 (a department store place)
[22:20:47] mrptptpt: I got lost, but knew the general direction and found it on the map by finding a park next to her building :P
[22:21:04] mrptptpt: looking up her address didn't get me anything
[22:24:02] AlenaBrolxFlami: that department store place reminds me of Forever 21 :P
[22:32:01] mrptptpt: it means Far East :P
[22:32:27] mrptptpt: and there's a link to see it, and the train station which is next to it


Chris Lam emailed the Awana leaders, asking us to think about serving in August for two weeks as Vacation Bible School helpers. Last summer's pictures looked pretty cool, but of course I'm not going to make a decision based on that alone! I probably won't do it unless someone in Richmond is definitely doing so.

Laura also emailed me back, guessing that she should mention that her dog is a rather large breed, a Mastiff-X. She also says that she's not looking for anything long-term, as she wants to move before September - possibly in June or July. I guess she did want to split the rent, but I dunno about it now. I'll see what happens if she calls me tomorrow... and I just got another reply to my ad, which said nothing except "if you're still looking for a place to rent, I have one - email me back." How about NO?

Trivia fact for Tuesday, Mar. 23: When it comes to computers, you know what a bug is... but what is a WASP? A Wireless Application Service Provider - which allows customers to access Web-based services with a variety of wireless devices, including personal digital assistants and smartphones.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home