Monday, March 22, 2010

I'll have some fried chicken with a side order of ditziness, please...

Called Laura just before I went out, and she said that she'd have to call me back tomorrow. Seems a girl who had seen her ad before it got reposted had contacted her to see the suite. Hey, I understand that these things happen - I asked how she was, to be polite and to maybe make a good impression, haha. Then I went out to get some KFC.. I'm turning into a ditz because I couldn't see the three-piece meal offered on the menu! At least they had some coffee, yay! Eric would say that I don't need any more caffeine, hahaha. While walking through the Staples parking lot (forgot about the bus stop location AGAIN - despite taking it ALL THE TIME!), I was surprised to hear my sister's voice: "Hey, pretty lady!" (whatever, man - at least it's civil, and I was probably overanalyzing NOT talking to her yesterday!)

I respect that she was driving Mom around, but still asked what she was doing in Richmond before I registered the fact that she was in Mom's car! (and before I saw Mom was in the front seat, studiously ignoring me - that's fine!) She asked where I was going - HOME, man! You think I'd go to Vancouver in sweats?! Even if she'd offered me a ride home, I'd have politely declined... I don't really want to be in the same car as Mom right now, and I don't care if Mom knows it by implication. When I got to the bus stop, I was reading a newspaper - a guy sat down beside me, and said hi. Normally, I might not like small talk... but "hi - beautiful spring day" seemed to cover it. That was okay, I think. Got home and found that Nathan's friend Michael M. had added me to Facebook - hahaha, I don't mind that since at least I know where the request is coming from! (as opposed to totally random ones) Now, if only I were taller and less awkward...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home