Saturday, March 20, 2010

No, kids... we don't know whether Jesus and the criminals were naked or wore underwear on the cross!

Henry picked me up 45 minutes early, which I wasn't really expecting - but at least I'd showered and mostly eaten! I explained it to my new Wordscraper opponents as an emergency, since I'd requested a "fast" game, haha. In the car, Henry said that work had been busy - he'd read the STONE SOUP story to the kids, and they'd seemed to really like it. Also talked about Gwyneth and the Lansdowne Mall carnival, issues with lights and noise, Japadogs with real sausages / benito flakes / teriyaki, the shipping container Inukshuk being gone, family dinners, weird cravings (Pho, hot and sour soup, Western-style fish like planked salmon), Teresa running over a squirrel (it was twitching - SO SAD!), Jason Y. running over a SKUNK, seeing dead cats on roads and at bus stops, the snow only staying on the mountains for a week, and more.

At church, I was kept busy by watching the kids, so it wasn't too bad. I saw Eric at worship practice, so decided not to call him later in favor of just talking to him then. Figured that he'd have to be there early, so 8:45 should work. Saw my dad, so told him to tell Mom that I wasn't going to tomorrow's dinner at a restaurant - I'd rather save my sanity! Steph had refused to be a messenger to Mom for me, which was bad. Told Eric to watch out for a baby in a stroller while he was moving something on wheels around - he tried saying hi to the baby, but the boy didn't really respond. Stanley denied having a haircut recently, and Sean L. didn't say anything when I remarked that he'd seemed to grow taller in the two weeks where I hadn't seen him. Linda brought her kids David and Evelyn for their first Awana experience - when I told Golden that they were twins, he told me that Dominic and Samantha also were twins! Rosenda is now a T&T leader in training, so YAY! When I thanked Alan for the lucky money, he just waved it off - SEE, MOM?! NORMAL PEOPLE ARE CHILL!

The kids had weird questions for Lawrence as he told the story of Jesus' crucifixion: "Were they naked? Did they wear underwear?" They had some other one which I never would have thought of as a kid, but I've forgotten what it was already! Hannah and Amanda's mom Catherine talked to me and Chrystal about some Olympic merchandise on sale at TNA at Metrotown (near Danier and the elevators - I thought she'd said "Tina" at first) - "get it now!" Maybe if I had money, but then that goes to pay bills and such FIRST. (plus the dentist, of course...) Chris and Sabrina said that the open house this morning was pretty good - some new kids and people, anyhow. Chrystal said that I smelled good (...) because of my vanilla-mint Trident Splash gum... better than some other brand which she recently tried!

After Awana, Ian asked if I could open the jelly snacks - I said that I had trouble with those, which is why I wasn't having one. Isaac unexpectedly gave me a chocolate Easter egg, so I thanked him - Harrison had some, too. I looked around for Conor, who was looking at all the new toys that Melia had purchased at Wal-Mart as an incentive program for the kids. Tapped him on the shoulder, and said that I had something for him. When I gave him the bag with felts / Transformers / a card / leftover Valentine's Day candy (originally for Margaret J.), he said "thank you" - and did it several more times, especially when his parents were around. They thanked me as well for remembering (Conor sometimes forgets), and asked when MY birthday was... in September, haha. Conor's brother Sean S. wondered why he didn't get anything, and asked me whether it was May yet. "Is it May?" made me think that he was asking me when his birthday was - I DO NOT KNOW! When I understood, I told him that it was March 20, and not May yet. On the way home, Ian and Sean L. played with the balloons and such - we saw orange polar bears by a Canada Line station, haha. (and ran into Paralympic traffic by Nat Bailey Stadium) Emailed Laura back as soon as I got settled, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home