Monday, March 22, 2010

Pantyliners as an investment, and business class amenities

Via my sister, this is my mother on pantyliners: "When you laugh, you can have leakages! So it's a good investment at my age!"


Corey, on his upcoming year in Taiwan:

[16:18:57] mrptptpt: okay, need a job now :P I bought business class tickets for the international flight, too
[16:18:58] mrptptpt: business class all the way now :P
[16:19:29] AlenaBrolxFlami: .... are you crazy, or what?
[16:19:41] mrptptpt: no, I want to be comfortable :P
[16:20:26] mrptptpt: my knees hit the seat in front of me in coach... and if the person in front of me leans their seat back at all, it's right in my face. this should give me some breathing room. it was only a couple hundred more, and I'm already spending too much anyway even for bad seats
[16:21:32] mrptptpt: now I'm guaranteed a power plug for my laptop, some legroom, a nicer seat.. less people to deal with, better food and drinks... for huge international flights, I think that's worth it. I get that there and back
[16:21:48] AlenaBrolxFlami: you've booked your round trip already?! NICE!
[16:22:05] AlenaBrolxFlami: oh, okay... I wouldn't know, not being tall
[16:22:17] AlenaBrolxFlami: (and no short joke)
[16:22:34] mrptptpt: for the domestic flight, to LA, that's only a couple hours, and though I have business class on that too (because I had to, to get a non-horrible time), I don't think THAT is worth it. I still have to buy a ticket home from LA to Denver, and that will be coach :P
[16:24:17] mrptptpt: well, not being tall, you'd still be pretty squeezed in, flying in coach.. they're really jammed together, it sucks
[16:24:28] mrptptpt: anything better is usually way more expensive, though
[16:24:47] AlenaBrolxFlami: I thought "there and back" meant "to Taiwan from Denver / LA and vice versa" :P
[16:24:54] mrptptpt: so this is only a couple hundred more (on a ticket already more than $1000), so whatever, I have paychecks coming in the near future
[16:25:09] mrptptpt: maybe not the most economical thing to do, but it shouldn't hurt too much
[16:25:19] AlenaBrolxFlami: but yeah... I can't say I've been in really roomy airplanes before
[16:25:28] mrptptpt: now, if I wanted to go even better and do first class... that's like $4500... that's nuts
[16:25:48] AlenaBrolxFlami: doesn't sound like it would be too bad, no... and that cost IS nuts, and not really justifiable
[16:27:17] mrptptpt: first class gives you all the legroom in the world, and seats that turn into beds, and a ceiling that changes from clouds to stars depending on the time zone you're in, and fancy fancy food, a salad bar (A SALAD BAR?!?!!), and all kinds of crap :P
[16:27:40] mrptptpt: mine won't be anywhere close to THAT nice, but it'll be a lot better than coach
[16:29:17] mrptptpt: so now I'll need to work for a while before I even break even, but it won't take a long time...
[16:30:45] mrptptpt: oh, I was also worried that since I'm using a travel agent, I'd have to pay more (I did) to cover her fees and stuff, and thinking maybe I should just buy it straight from the airline to save what I could.. but her price ended up being $20 more than what was online, and she's been helping me out for like 4-5 days now, so that's perfectly okay with me
[16:31:11] AlenaBrolxFlami: clouds to stars?! WOW! what's wrong with a salad bar?!
[16:31:46] AlenaBrolxFlami: oh, all right... that's definitely not too bad
[16:32:16] mrptptpt: click the Interactive Demo button to see the stars thing
[16:32:38] mrptptpt: maybe there aren't clouds, I think it just has some sort of gradual mood lighting... but it's a starry night, at least :P
[16:33:19] mrptptpt: my stuff is in the Elite Class / Evergreen Deluxe Class link
[16:52:01] AlenaBrolxFlami: PILLOWS ON SEATS! YAY!!! (don't mind me - I just had some coffee at KFC!)
[16:52:30] mrptptpt: who gets pillows? me? or first class? :P I think everyone gets a pillow
[16:53:08] AlenaBrolxFlami: I saw it on the link you sent, and was like "YAY, PILLOW!" :P
[17:10:11] mrptptpt: pillows are good stuff, huh? usually, the airline pillows are little, and I don't like using them.. even in coach, the headrests on the international flights are soft and curve around a bit, so they're fine. if you use a pillow, your neck is up at a weird angle, since you're not actually laying down.. so that just gets in my way
[17:16:22] AlenaBrolxFlami: yeah, that would be annoying if it gets in your way

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home