Sunday, December 27, 2009

I don't subscribe to your melodrama, thanks...

This morning, splitting the difference seemed to work as I only had to wait maybe two minutes for my parents instead of ten! I pretended to be interested in what my mom was saying about stuff I forgot already, but did say hi to my grandma, of course. When we got to the parkade, we saw Darren C. and his cousin Jason H. from Edmonton - always good to see Jason, for sure! He's only back till New Year's Eve, but we spent time briefly chatting about Facebook / the Canucks / Tiger Woods, haha. Joked with Cordia that she was getting her exercise when she was walking around before service, heh. Saw Ben and Erin when they got to service late - they had to borrow my pens twice to write cheques, heh. Christon, Lesley, and Isabel's dad shared about stuff in service.

Talked to Christon, Jen, and Connie about BAD MOVIE NIGHT, and found myself missing Jeremy - at least he has a few days of holiday this year! Gave Gladys a HUGE Ziploc bag full of candy - she gave some to Natalie and Nathan, of course. I later told Hien and Quan that they could have some from them - they thanked me for the thought. Discussed stuff with Jon and Harmony, and confirmed Karmie's phone number with her for tomorrow. Jon said that I could go to Belgian Fries with them since there was no adult Sunday School, but that wouldn't work since Auntie Ying had already seen AND talked to me! Besides, I'd feel bad bailing for the third week in a row. Thanked Deb for her Christmas card, and said hi to Auntie Catherine as well. Mom saw Mr. Creep in the fellowship hall, and asked me: "Is that the person you're afraid of?" Trust me, I'm not AFRAID of him... I just don't LIKE him! There IS a difference!

I saw David enter the fellowship hall, so made a beeline for the doors. He gave me a big smile, and shook my hand in greeting: "Hey, Les!" Then I said that I had another card for him - when I found it and gave it to him, he said that now he felt bad, so he owed me a card. Hahaha, no need! I joked that he was lying about his birthday on Facebook, but he said that he was conforming on there - haha, sounds good! Got Eric to confirm that I remembered / kept track of everyone's birthdays, too. Used the kitchen to wash out my cappuccino cup, since the mix had milk in it... I later said hi to Karen and Lincoln.

Saw some of the kids: Joshua, Keenan, Hannah, Nathaniel, and Abigail were so cute! Calla was holding a baby (and Stanford a baby carrier), so I wondered who it was: Winnie's new baby, Cameron, less than a month old. I said hi to Mattias (with a little animal), who just looked at me the entire time! When his mom Karen put him down so she could perhaps hold the new baby, he didn't like it and started crying! Asked Melia how things had gone on Christmas, and she offered me a box of random stuff that they gave to the kids: hahaha, no thanks! I got Eric's attention while saying hi to Yvonne - she definitely wanted weird Santas and stockings! Also discussed Christmas with Stanley, Sheena, Auntie Susan, and others.

Went upstairs to toddler Sunday School, where Amos and Harrison tried convincing me that they weren't there by hiding under the tables. It's not going to work if they make noise or if I can see their feet sticking out from there! Gave Amanda a card, candy cane, and two sticker sheets - I stuck to a card for Amos since he said he couldn't eat peppermint. Never heard of peppermint allergies, but if he doesn't want to get in trouble, I won't give one to him OR Harrison, who cited the same thing. Rachel's grandma unexpectedly gave me a package of NO SUGAR ADDED chocolate chip cookies, which I thanked her for. The class went well, I guess - the kids seemed attentive for a few minutes, anyway.

When I went downstairs, I said hi to Citrus / Vivian / her cousin Darren L. / Gabriel. Had to wait around for my parents to finish stuff - my mom told me that I was rude for asking where we were going for lunch while she was talking to someone else. Hey, I just wanted to know! While waiting, I talked to Ada about Christmas, and to her sons Ian and Sean about crackers and such - I noted that Sean's top had Engrish on it, hahaha. I deliberately delayed the parents when we were going to leave the church - I got out Steph's guestbook before putting my stuff in the car trunk. (it is called PAYBACK!) We met Steph at Mui's - apparently, the delivery people forgot about her bed, so she got free bedsheets and pillows out of it. Dad advised her to be more nasty next time, haha.

Good thing I gave Steph her guestbook when I saw her, since she only had fifteen minutes for lunch before work! Mom thought that I could use the lunch leftovers of porkchops and spaghetti for lunch tomorrow since it would save me money. I didn't bother telling her that I had lunch plans already, since that would make her believe that Lesley was looking after me, and then cause her to give me a guilt trip like "People are SO NICE to you! You should be like that!" I prefer my sanity, thanks!

We HAD to go to London Drugs so she could buy on-sale candy / Christmas items, and when I expressed impatience, she told me that I could walk or take the bus home if I didn't like it! Well, SOME people have to PEE, you know! Stupid woman... no wonder I want to decrease time spent with her. Then she got melodramatic when they FINALLY dropped me off: "Don't you miss your parents after not seeing them for FIVE DAYS?! Before that, it was TWO WEEKS! Don't you cry yourself to sleep? It'll be TWO WHOLE DAYS before we see each other again, and Mom will MISS YOU!" No, I don't cry myself to sleep! Finally got home so I could have RELIEF, in more ways than one!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home