Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wax seeping through paper onto your hands must HURT, man!

Ron, Veronica, and Eric picked me up at about 7:20 - we discussed classical music (SABRE DANCE), my parents' trip, and more. When we got to the church, I said hi to Harmony - she sat a bit too near Mr. Creep for my liking, but at least it wasn't the seat that she was going to sit in for the entire thing! (discussed Dallas, Fred, and the Irish Heather) I also greeted Helen, Joe T., and their kids Abby and Nathaniel - also wished Joe a happy birthday, since he's a Christmas baby! After I said hi to Grace, I wondered to Eric where his parents were - they were taking care of things, I guess! The candlelight service was meaningful enough - Harmony did a couple of readings, and we got to watch our hot wax drip off the candles! Eric had it seep through the paper to his pants, and Christon had some drip onto his hand! OUCH! Discussed the BAD MOVIE NIGHT (Christon says he'll forward something to me) - BATTLEFIELD EARTH and some other movie were SO BAD, apparently! Jen wondered where I'd been that night, but I think I was with Jon at the time! I saw Silvester, but didn't get a chance to say hi. I unloaded all my extra cookies on Natalie, the poor unwitting soul. :D [she said she couldn't eat them all, but neither could I - too bad, they're hers now!]

Deb gave me a birthday card - it had a wedding photo, and she thanked me for making her feel welcome at Fellowship. She's very impressed that I know and remember her birthday, haha. Jon was making plans with Mr. Creep - something about Belgian Fries. I don't think I'll be there, thanks... Talked to Phil about his trip to Hong Kong and Taiwan tomorrow: he's glad that there is no snow like last year. SO AM I! Seriously, it wasn't FUN trying to get around - I think I was practically housebound for an entire MONTH with blizzard after blizzard outside! (or at least, I couldn't go out by myself and do things by myself!) Yes, I know normal people had trouble walking around in it - I'd declined Christmas Eve dinner at Dave's house (even though I love Dave and his parents) because of the icy conditions outside, even if my family would have helped me walk around in it! Said hi to Uncle Peter and his friend John, who's in a wheelchair. Reminded Karmie about the lunch at Lesley's on Monday, and she said to email her some directions and such - I shall indeed do that!

Christon told me not to leave yet (also saying the same thing to Jen) - well, my rides were still there talking to people! He gave me a Christmas card - in it, he thanked me for my care and time that I put into bringing a smile to people's faces, looks forward to more Sunday Dinners, says he enjoys my humor (even if it's a bit morbid at times), and wishes me a joyful holiday filled with blessings. I said hi to Vanessa and Melia, so Melia asked if I was going to help out tomorrow with the Awana kids. When I said I didn't know, she said not to worry about it - sweet, I get to sleep in on Christmas Day for the first time in years! Talked to Auntie Beatrice (Jen's mom) for a bit - I have NO Christmas plans tomorrow, so it will be an ordinary day! Wished Joey and Angus a Merry Christmas (and told Ivan that his sister was looking for him) before we left - also took one of Veronica's cups of water from the cooler when she offered it to us. On the way home, we discussed the TV and monitor situation / Christmas plans / CANADA'S WORST DRIVERS / my getting their Candy Bouquet gift / my being "diabolical and crazy and dramatic" / my mom's DRAMA email about adopting the Korean purser / Steph's work - Ron should be careful in Burnaby, haha. Good times, and Veronica thanked me for my gift - yay!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home