Friday, December 25, 2009

I LOVE ICONS! / A quiet Christmas Day isn't so bad, but DEATH to maternal assumptions!

Note: The Nightmare Before Christmas LJ Style Memegen, by suziequzie / Your Crazy Insane LJ Christmas party! Memegen, by Lucas14.


I like this "quiet Christmas Day" vibe - now, am I nuts enough to watch people at the mall tomorrow? Maybe, maybe not! Someone called earlier to wish me a Merry Christmas, which was nice of him. :) Jon and Harmony apparently tried calling me, too. Then my mother called, wanting to know why I wasn't at her house for an abalone dinner, and that Grandma would be living with me - well, she didn't tell me about it, and I like solitude / downtime even on holidays! In a bid for tough love, I told her that she had to face reality: her mother is back in town, and all breaks must come to an end. Then she said that Steph was too busy with her new life - right, so *I* get short shrift because I seem not to have a life?! WTF?! Don't get me wrong - I love my grandma (which is why I wished her a Merry Christmas in Chinese on the phone), but I *detest* having things just PUSHED on me... even more so than I did three years ago, TRUST ME!

She told me that she had some more stuff for me (like Garden Cocktail - at first, I thought she said "Garlic" - and mousetraps) - and invited me for a Boxing Day lobster dinner tomorrow. We'll see on that one, since I think I might not be up till 2 again! She was under the impression that I would love to get dropped off at Zellers at 6:45 AM - "It's simple... all you need to do is NOT SLEEP! Then you don't have to get up!" UGH! I'd rather tackle the mall at a more reasonable hour, even on Boxing Day! We'll see on stuff, though. Now, if only I could find my pills...

Edit: Jon and Harmony called back. Discussed tomorrow at the lards' place, mice, Holly thanking me for the shortbread cookies, Mom's melodrama, Boxing Day plans (none of us are very ambitious), and the weekend. Not too bad, all in all - but burps are not appropriate, haha.


I LOVE ICONS by Cutie258
Name / Username
your happy icon is
your sexy icon is
your doll icon is
your eye icon is
your sad icon is
your celebrity icon is
your clothes icon is

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home