Friday, December 22, 2006

Being emo / Keyboard troubles / Kellogg's Cocoa Rice Krispies Treats

Earlier tonight, I was in an emo mood because I was under the impression that I was the last person from the family to meet Harmony. I felt rather unimportant and such, and was sad. Then my keyboard decided not to work for a while after I fixed the "no sound" problem by plugging in something that had come unplugged from the back of the computer. (possibly while I'd been messing around with trying to open the computer case recently, which didn't work) There were beeping noises while I moved the keyboard around to free wires from being too squished, but I didn't know what had caused them. Very frustrating! Even after a few restarts, the keyboard didn't work. I was about to just give up for the night and ask Eric to do something about it tomorrow, but then I pushed some black things in the back of the computer... to my surprise / relief, the keyboard actually worked after that! :D

Then I found out that I wasn't the last person from my family to meet Harmony, as my parents haven't met her either. Upon checking my email, my sister said that Harmony was coming tomorrow to the dinner or Christmas service, so I guess it's okay. I don't get to meet her in a non-huge group setting, but I do get to meet her before my parents do! Apparently, I'm invited for dinner on Saturday, which will be fine enough. The black Accord is at Uncle William's again... yay for car troubles not permitting us to see James Bond. :P (we're doing the same thing on Christmas week Sunday that we did last year: lunch with Uncle Sam's mom at the same place, and dinner at Auntie Grace's with Dave!)

So now I'm much relieved, which is a good thing. Corey wasn't much help since he was busy blowing up robots in Front Mission 3, and neither was TQC. At least I got some tagging work done: 46 entries in one day (1.28.06) on RQ?! (I deleted a couple since they had no answers) That's two or three days' worth, so I think I'm covered for today!


Kellogg's Cocoa Rice Krispies Treats

It's the Rice Krispies Treat for all you chocolate lovers. By simply replacing regular Rice Krispies with Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies, then adding a bit of cocoa to the recipe, we can clone the exact flavor of the product you otherwise have to buy in boxes in the grocery store. This recipe makes 16 of the crunchy brown bars, or the equivalent of two boxes of the real thing.

3 tablespoons margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 teaspoons cocoa
6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
non-stick cooking spray

1. Combine margarine and salt in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. When margarine has melted, add marshmallows and vanilla and stir until marshmallows have melted. Add cocoa and stir well. Remove from heat.
3. Add Cocoa Krispies and stir until the cereal is well coated with the melted marshmallow mixture.
4. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with a light coating of non-stick cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the dish and, using wax paper or lightly greased hands, press down until it's flat in the dish. Cool. Slice into 16 bars. Makes 16 bars.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home