Tuesday, July 11, 2006

R.I.P. Syd Barrett, dreams of tigers ripping throats out, unexpected Boston Pizza invitations

I just heard that Syd Barrett (the founder and creative genius behind Pink Floyd) was found dead at the age of 60 in his home on Friday. :(

I dreamed that I was in a high-wire circus act where there was a malfunction. A girl who was dressed up in a blingy "Hoochie Mama" costume was going down the wire when another girl in the control booth yelled "EISLEY, HOLD ON!!!!" because there was a snag in the top wire. Unfortunately, Eisley didn't hear her, so went screaming all the way down to the snag. The tiger took advantage of her precarious position and ripped her throat to shreds. In real life, this would NOT be a well-trained animal! (I'm not saying certain people in my life deserve that kind of fate for not listening to me and putting my preferences first, because NOBODY does... but it's something to think about on a much smaller scale, muhahahaha!)

The performers were all sent home to recover for a while from the shock: I was in Jon's room watching him and Jamie (jaebird) play a computer game, and I organized his pens / pencils / binders for him. Barry actually appeared in this dream as someone who wanted to be let out of the house. Strangely enough, the outside looked like an idealized version of the view out the front door of my apartment... I woke up when I'd helped Barry with his black suitcase. Weird... o_O

Then I got up to find a random AIM message from someone named "jimmyfolder" who said: "What's Mike's middle name? I must know." Since I had no idea who that was, I closed the window. (I know a bunch of Mikes, and know at least one's middle name... but I'm not telling random people that info since it stays in my BootyBase, haha!) I also found an invitation from Felicity (morbioid) on YM: I called her yesterday night, but she apparently wasn't home. She's supposedly getting together with her roommates for dinner after 9 at Boston Pizza... even after I decide that the place is a bit too expensive for me, it sucks me back in! Aiyoh... at least today is Pasta Tuesday! She says she'll give me a call to let me know if it's still on, as she's off to work now... fine by me!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home