Monday, July 10, 2006

Information about Miles, "and yo," shaved heads as cult experiments, Jane's parents

I checked my email to find that Eric had answered my question: apparently, I'll have to find out about Miles if he shows up. Then I'm not going unless I get the 411, so why bother? If I get an actual answer, I plan on telling the crew that my availability was pretty much open anytime after 4PM from Monday to Thursday. (I guess Saturday would work if that's what the general consensus ends up being) What I won't say: it depends on how much "catching up" time I'll have afterwards, haha. (hey, that's important too!) Then I'll throw in a request for any pictures people had of last time, haha.. I'd love to see the gigantic pork bowl! (since Jon emailed us back with an actual answer, I did all that)

Eric got on MSN to ask why I must know who Miles is: Hey, it helps to have info about people, and that way I know something about them to talk about if I should end up talking to them! He also said he sent me a reply: I know, but I've been too busy with friends pages and dungeons to look, haha. (multi-tasking as usual!) But I'll check now since he brought it up, coz I'm weird like that. ;) Then he figures that the day doesn't matter for me... not really, but Monday to Thursday is best. He says I'll have to do some research on Miles myself, which is what I plan to do soon.

Basically in his email, he says my invitation will be revoked if I don't apologize for using the "411" to describe "information" / using the word "yo" when it isn't preceded by an "and"... I figure that's some in-joke since "and Pho" was Jon's MSN name for a while, and Jeremy has / had a red shirt with "and yo" on it. Then he gives me a whole bunch of information on Miles DAVIS he probably pulled from Wikipedia. Ugh, well... I'm not going to do that, even if he IS joking about it! :P

Jon replied to the crew email to say that this week is nutso for him with Regent courses and then various night activities, AND the Grouse Grind. He prefers the weekend, and says he'd be interested in watching the culinary gala cookoff from 1 to 4 on Saturday. I'll see if I go to that one myself, since it's early given my sleeping schedule. :P (next Monday is fine... the 17th, NOT the 16th since that's the Koinonia lunch on Sunday!)

Then he answered my "who is Miles?" query with:

As if that matters so much to you, hahah.

Myles is the brother of a friend of mine from Vancouver. I'd actually seen him at various church-related events before, but I got to know him a bit when he visited TO a few months ago. He's a nice guy, and totally harmless (at least compared with you, hahaha)


Oh, it matters all right. :P But thanks. Now I can go with a satisfied heart, heh. I'm totally harmless too... I just have my mad attacks of craziness, and then everyone had better watch out! (haha)

Now Corey's telling me about his friend June's crazy Asian parents: she went to Australia and returned home to Malaysia with a shaved head, so of course her mom thinks it's part of a cult experiment. *rolleyes* He just read a story by a Korean guy in San Diego or somewhere like that where apparently the entire Korean population knows each other through friends of friends. The dude's tutoring some kids who lost some Yu-Gi-Oh cards and their cellphone, so they blamed him for it, and their parents left a cellphone and a $20 on a table with a note saying to take it. It was "in appreciation" for tutoring the kids.. so then they had a hidden camera set up to catch him taking the money, and showed it to his parents to prove he was a thief. Now anywhere he goes in the city, he has Koreans glaring at him. :P (this seems to fall under "crazy Asian parents," so Corey thought he'd share... he doesn't have to tell ME about those twice! ;) )

So far, Jane is about the only Asian person he's met that doesn't say similar things about her parents... maybe her mom always yelling at her to go eat dinner / leave is normal to her, but if she apparently didn't tell her dad that she was going to the States to see him, I wonder what she DID tell him! ("Going to visit A FRIEND" only works so well if you don't tell them who you're seeing, and he did figure it out eventually... he works for China Air and got her a huge discount on the main leg of the flight. So unless she never told him what state Corey lives in, he'd think it would be obvious! Apparently, someone kept calling Jane while she and Corey were out doing stuff one day to tell her that Dad DID figure it out... she called them back and seemed to have a calm conversation!)


Oh, and I have more SLB-related email in my inbox:

From Steph: You should all be aware that Shanghai Wind is not open on Mondays. Shall we meet on Tuesday instead? For the working types among us, I propose Tuesday, July 18th, 6:30 PM. I'm the coolest Ng on this email list!

From Nathan: I have no problem with that.

From Eric: I have guitar on Tuesdays, which is why it wasn't on the list of days I was available. I could probably do just the movie after guitar at 8:15ish or 8 Chinese time, but then the entire point of having it on Tuesday is lost. So options are no dinner, another SLB place, a non-SLB place, or have a Richmond Crew night without me. :-(

From Steph: WITHOUT YOU!!! MWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Just kidding. How about Monday, July 24th? That is the next available day. Haha.

From Nathan: If we go back to Monday, Is the Richmond market with the other SLB's open that late? Apparently their SLB's are really good too? Or else we could do Sunday night the 16th maybe? Does Sunday work for people?

From Erin: Yes Yes!!!! Sunday night the 16th is great... 'cause I leave for my trip on the 20th, so I won't be here on the 24th. And I would really like to hang out with you guys before I go.

From Steph: the 16th is good for me too. I'll have just enough time to shower after my hockey game. Hmm...or maybe I'll show up unshowered, and smelling of hockey. Mmm... yes.... mmm...

From Nathan: :-(

Monday July 24 I might not be free until 8, 8:30... So I like either Sunday July 16th evening, or Monday July 17 without SLB (and somewhere else.. sad sad.. maybe oodles of wontons?), or Tuesday July 18th late night SLB at 8:00 PM (and Eric can come as soon as available), and if Eric's house can't hold a movie that late afterwards, I believe my house is finally available by that time, then you can scuttle to the West Side, for those who don't care about work in the morning. But it LOOKS like it may need to be an alternative to SLB night for the Monday 17th???


From me: Without dinner? Are you people insane? Haha. Steph, if you show up unshowered, I think we won't want to be there! :P As for the date, I prefer Tuesday late-night SLB / then Sunday / then the Monday. So we'll see...

From Nathan: Hahaha. Okay. Ignore previous email. SUNDAY 16th is good for me.

From Eric: So either Sunday July 16th, 6:30 Shanghai Wind, or Monday July 17th, 6:30 Richmond Market place (if its open). Unless Erin can't make it on Monday. Or if there was another reason Steph had to go forwards in time and wasn't able to schedule back to the earlier Monday. :-P

From Steph: I didn't bother reading the other emails carefully. Hohoho. Sunday July 16th, 6:30. I don't want to know what life without SLB is like. (Richmond Public Market closes at 8.)

From Danielle: Oh my gosh!!! You leave your email for one day and THIS happens??? Loving San Fran so far - good thing I'm geeky enough to bring work with me on holiday so I can keep up with all the spam! Wish I could make it out - have fun and eat 5 baskets for me!

From Nathan: YES!! I concur with Sunday July 16th, 6:30 PM. Everyone else MUST follow... or face the wrath of.. umm... eating a 20 ft. giant SLB!

From me: Fine. If I don't show up by 7, assume I'm sleeping! :P


Eric just showed up on MSN again, to tell me that he was going to ignore my "preferred dates" unless there's a good reason for them, since it seems that Sunday is a good day for everyone else. But I'll be so freaking TIRED knowing how little sleep I'll get the previous night! Sheesh. :P (he doesn't understand my preference for Tuesday... hey, it's thrown in with the general weekday vibe! :P)

Just called Steph: she says camp was fun, and laughed at what I told her about Teresa's questions on Friday. She says she might have to update her response to the Evite since her company dinner might be that day. Then again, a certain BlastingSimperer is too anal... what with her seeming need for up-to-the-minute updates on games organization. (better than a certain other "D" person, who's just TOO laid-back!) I told her about the Sunday happenings, too... good times!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home