Thursday, June 29, 2006

Gold, hit points, dungeons, surprises, an unexpected hangout with Eric H., Kaitlin survey

I'm editing a previous entry about the LJ RPG Dungeon game to see about hit points, gold, and what I show up as in other people's dungeons. So far, I manage to show up as various monsters (including a gelatinous cube under my old name) / the mosaic floor / potions. Even if I have to play my own dungeon all over again, I'll make sure the entry's complete! (I really should have thought of it last night, though...)

I emailed Eric H. (lddude) a couple of hours ago to remind him of our weekend hangout. To my surprise, he called me just now to ask whether I was free tonight. Yes, I left the phone on after I called Barry to set up a grocery shopping time: it's on Monday, 12 July at 1. Since I'm not doing anything, I said that I was up for hanging out. Hey, maybe he can update his blogs and such here later on... I'm not sure I want to see a movie, but we'll decide that later on. But I'm positively introducing him to Ben and Jerry's AND his personal dungeon, whether or not we go out for dinner! Boy, am I glad I took a shower earlier this afternoon... at least now he can ignore that email if he so chooses! :P


Here's a 50-question survey, from Kaitlin in a Myspace bulletin:

1. Who are you? Leslie.

2. What's your favorite thing to do? Be one with the computer and my books.

3. Do you like to read, and if so, what? Yes, I do... humorous stuff, some (auto-)biographies, Guinness World Records stuff (that Primetime TV show is cool), the Outlander series, Bathroom Readers, true crime, trivia, some fiction (and some non-fiction as well), comic strips, stuff about music... guess it all depends on what I feel like reading!

4. When was the last time you went out and did something that made you feel better? The other day at Oakridge.

5. What was it? Reading true crime and bizarre books at the bookstore.

6. Who benefitted from it? Me, myself, and I.

7. Name one (1) kind of music you like. Only 1. Metal.

8. Do you worry about things? Somewhat.

9. Are you afraid to say what it is? Be honest. Right now, I'm not worried.

10. Is there someone in your life that you wish you could mend things with? Perhaps.

11. What have you done to accomplish that? If I tried, it might be mended already. :P

12. What's your favorite pet that you've owned? No pets here, except for all the nameless dead fish that we flushed down the toilet!

13. Does dressing down or dressing up make you feel more content? Down, baby.

14. What do you like about yourself? My helpfulness.

15. What happened to question 14? I made up a new one, haha.

16. Do you feel like you speak what's on your mind, whether it's in a good way or a bad way? Yes, most of the time.

17. Do you feel misunderstood? Sometimes.

18. When you're sick, do you like to be taken care of or left alone? Be taken care of, but not in an annoying overprotective way. If you're going to do that, then I prefer being left alone!

19. What about when you're depressed? Being alone, although having someone there does have its benefits.

20. Do you feel like you have a lot of give, or wish someone could bring it back out of you? Um... not really?

20. Why are there two question 20s? Because whoever made this survey made a MISTAKE!

21. Is there a movie that you think could in some way depict you? What is it? Not really.

22. Is there a song that you identify with? Like a theme song? What is it? Way too many to list.

23. Were you comfortable the last time you were up close to someone of the opposite sex (or same, if that's your thing)? Yup.

24. Are you easier to amuse or bore? Amuse.

25. Do you think it's better to make the things you want happen, or do you let things work themselves out? Let things work themselves out.

26. Are you one to follow advice, wish you hadn't, or wish you had? That rather depends on the advice!

27. Is there any object you miss right now? My green shorts!

28. If you had to pick between failure and loneliness, which one would it be? Ew at the options. I'd pick loneliness since it tends to go away faster and isn't a stigma.

30. How close in life are you to where you wanted to be 10 years ago? Not very.

31. What comforts you the most? Be specific. Dreaming of being with certain friends of mine.

32. What do you miss the most about being a kid? My innocence and not knowing what the harder things in life were.

33. What do you like the most about being an adult? Independence!

34. Have you made any promises you still have yet to make good on? Probably.

35. Does your mouth water when you're arguing and come up with a good point? Uh, no... o_O

36. When you do something that makes someone happy, do you feel good or do you feel right in expecting something back? I generally feel good... I don't really expect anything back unless it's been said.

37. How far out of your way will you go for cheaper gasoline? Personally, I'm not the one going out of the way since I don't drive. As for the people I ride in cars with, I'm not sure they'd go THAT far out of the way!

38. Do you remember your dreams often, or do you feel like you don't really dream? I remember my dreams in extreme detail, most of the time.

39. Do you favor tradition or progress? Tradition.

40. How often do you catch yourself thinking about things you shouldn't? No comment.

41. If there was any one thing you would say is holding you back, what would it be? Things.

42. If somebody hurts you, do you give them a way back in, or blacklist them forever? I give them a few chances, and then I blacklist.

43. Is there any area of your life that you find hard to expess in words? If so, what? This question is impossible to answer since I can't express it in text form! :P

44. Are you easy to lie to, or do you have a hard time believing people? I have a hard time believing people.

45. Do you think you have a very wide range of emotions, or are they all expressed through a few basic ones? A wide range of emotions.

46. What would you say is your most common outlet for things? I vent in my online journals, yell, and destroy things.

47. Do you think that hope is as futile as regret, or do you think that's one of the things that keep you going? Hope is a very good thing!

48. What is your favorite type of environment? Noises simmering to a dull roar.

49. Do you think it's more important to want what you want or to have what you have? Having what you have. Being satisfied is a good thing.

50. Where do you want to go today? Somewhere out for dinner with Eric H.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home