Monday, June 12, 2006

Fixing water leaks, Nina and YM, Internet drama

I was going to delete some tags, but figured that would take way too much time... time which I do not have, heh. (as if the other upkeep projects didn't take time... but at least that was adding stuff and not deleting them!) Maybe I'll do stuff at Addicting Games and see the hilarity at Busted Tees and Engrish instead!

I had a surprise visit from the apartment manager Hester and the maintenance workers earlier. Seemed that they'd heard water running from my apartment: I've been meaning to contact the manager for some time regarding that (which I've gotten used to over the past few months), but just never got around to it for a few reasons: lack of trust, thinking that the dodgy management would charge ME for the repair costs even though I'm sure they legally can't (they did other things which weren't legal!), etc. It can be fixed, according to the workers... they were off fixing something else for a while, but then came back to fix my problem. Hester gave me her contact info, too. Her phone number is 4,482,700 digits off from my own, and she lives in #203 of this building: that can be convenient when dropping notes in the mailslot about concerns as she wants me to do next time. (Kathy and Kelly just wanted us to call them, but whatever: new regime!) At least it's fixed now!

Suppose I should really call Nina to confirm about tomorrow: perhaps later. Steph called me yesterday when she got my message about the "cock" thing: our parents wouldn't approve of the word even if it was a hilarious typo! (they don't like that Pho restaurant anyhow) Never mind, Nina just buzzed me on YM: that's much better, haha. She was thinking of calling me also, but then thought about YM: it's all good, heh. In front of the Metrotown dollar store at 4-ish tomorrow it is, then! (although in view of my other plans that night, I really should have changed locations to Vancouver... but that's okay with the 410 and 407, haha) If I don't respond for more than 30 seconds or whatever, she assumes I'm busy: it's called multi-tasking for a reason, dude. ;) Hopefully I can make it to the townhouse by 7: my sister says that she gets hungry after work. So eat a snack! :P

Note: TrendMicro's House Call program is good. Do a full scan if it lets you run the online program. The program works with IE or Firefox.


Yay for Internet drama! I just got a random AIM buzz:

"[20:52:22] revolttqc: Posts at The Question Club on LJ like this one are just wrong. The Question Club should not be made into such a superficial, high school environment. Do you know how many people who are linked to in that photo post and aren't mentioned are going to be really upset? There is no need to make people feel left out and contribute to the feelings of inadequacy that society already brings upon people. What, is the Question Club a rating community now? Don't bring this community down.

Note: If you participated in this thread, shame on you. If you didn't, you're not as bad, but you still didn't say anything about how wrong it is. Even those that said everyone is beautiful followed up with specific names, which refutes the whole thing. Save this stuff for the rating communities, please!

Don't respond to this IM, I won't reply. I just wanted to get this message out."

Uh yeah, I refuse to be tarred with the same brush as those people. Just because someone doesn't say anything about a situation doesn't mean that they're BAD. Holy crud. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home