Monday, June 12, 2006

Dream where Oregon Trail dynamics = real life

I had a dream in which real life was kinda like Oregon Trail: you had to go hunting for food as well as buy it in the stores, and you'd die if food got below a certain point indefinitely. My family went to a couple of Chinese shops to see if we could raise our food total, but that was contingent on how much time Grandma spent at another food shop. I noticed soy sauce bottles with my name on them, and wanted to buy four. My mom got all difficult, leaving me almost crying in the middle of the store. Dad tried to comfort her and not me, while my siblings selected some beef (brisket) noodles with veggies to go with the soy sauce and the rest of the other purchases. One of those packages spilled in the checkout line when we saw Grandma finish in the other store. We managed to complete the transaction, though.

Then we went home to a basement suite in Eunice's house: I was about to go all the way upstairs, bypassing a little kid on this huge staircase, so I said "Excuse me." When I remembered that we lived downstairs, I complained to the kid that I was losing it. The kid told me to relax since it was normal! I got birthday presents when it was nowhere near my birthday: the musical "Happy Birthday" card, stuffed animals, and flowers were from a message board acquaintance. So I logged into this message board (which was sort of like Our Place), and Geo (geoantada) was there with his zombie icon. I told the people there about my day, and got instant replies from a few people: "Just accept his edit" (which somehow meant the presents from the friend!) and "That sounds so sweet... hope your food supplies aren't dwindling like mine! We need to shop NOW!"

Afterwards, I went hunting since the food supplies were somehow low / diminishing every day more than we expected. (this was represented by a plate which had thin bones with barely any meat on them) I got picked up by another family after shooting a deer. Later, I got a "end hunting screen" that read: "Congratulations! You've shot 10 pounds of a Bonerpenis, but you can't get any of that... not sweet at all!" o_O

Some time later, a little pixelated Mario-like character got stuck while climbing rocks in "hunting mode," and then died when he couldn't get out of a 1x1 hole by jumping out of it. Subsequently, we all died in hunting mode when an oxen cart smashed right into us... then I woke up. Very odd...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home