Sunday, June 11, 2006

Blogger is on crack! / Baby Name Facts

Quizopolis Crazy Mind Reader... I've heard of math tricks like this one before, but doing these things is TRIPPY, man!


Blogger is on crack! I've been doing Quizopolis quizzes, surveys, name generators, and fun stuff all night long... don't worry, they're in backdated May 7-16 entries. (I don't want to overwhelm my readership, heh) Anyway, I was posting one such entry in Blogger and when I went to publish it, Blogspot claimed that there was an HTML error in my post. (it won't let you publish posts if there are HTML errors in them) So I made my eyes go all screwy by looking at the post and trying to figure out where this supposed open bold tag was. After I'd had enough of that, I decided to post the draft in chunks: no errors found, as it would let me publish right away!

Very weird, so I tried the post as a whole again... THIS time, it let me publish without any problem! I have no idea what went on there, but at least I got my backdated entries published! Let's not get into how ANNOYING it was that my original posts were too large for LJ and GJ, so I had to chunk-ify those too! Apparently, the W3 Validator Tool Set has a bunch of resources available to help with your HTML. I remember Corey telling me about that some time ago when we were discussing HTML and how easy / hard it was to learn. (you can guess who was on which side of that debate, heh)

Now I just wasted a lot of time trying to find a non-existent error! Aiyoh! Need bed soon, at any rate... oh great, my browser crashed too. Thank goodness for autosaves!

I also called Eric before all this happened: his dad answered the phone, and called him to the phone. Eric had picked it up already, and the first thing he said to me was "Ow... my dad was yelling in my ear because I picked up the phone!" Yeah, that can hurt. After trying to convince me that he'd pick me up at 6:30 or 6:35 ("Seriously, man!"... yeah right!), he then returned to reality and said that he planned to be at my place at 9:05. That's much better... I didn't believe him, anyhow! :P


Baby Name Facts from Nick

"John Doe" is an anonymous, generic person in the U.S., but he has many counterparts around the globe. There's Fred Nurk (Australia), Jan Modaal (Holland), Chan Siu Ming (Hong Kong), Gyula Kovacs (Hungary), Jón Jónsson (Iceland), Mario Rossi (Italy), Juan dela Cruz (Philippines), Jan Kowalski (Poland), Juan del Pueblo (Puerto Rico), Jos Bleau (Quebec), Vasya Pupkin (Russia), Janez Novak (Slovenia), Koos van der Merwe (South Africa), and Joe Bloggs (U.K.).

(Joe Bloggs?! Now I fully understand Alistair Turkington's shirt in Gr. 12! He tried convincing me that it was his real name too... thank goodness Rob Stajduhar set me straight!)

In 2003, tax authorities rejected a Swedish couple's request to name their newborn son Superman. The couple thought Superman was the perfect name because their son was born with one arm pointed upward, which resembled Superman in flight. Authorities did not allow the name, however, saying the child would be subjected to ridicule throughout life. (No telling whether those same authorities would have taken issue with Nicolas Cage's naming his son Kal-El, which is Superman's "birth" name.)

When Jayne and Daniel Peate, from Shropshire, England, announced they were expecting a sixth baby, their youngest felt put-out by the new addition. To ease sibling rivalry, Jayne and Daniel allowed the older children to choose their new sibling's middle name. And so they named their son Rafferty Bob Ash Chewbacca Peate, with middle names inspired by Bob the Builder, a Pokemon character, and the famous Star Wars wookie. (Chewbacca was a substitute for Jar Jar Binks when the family learned that each middle name could only be one word long.) The baby is affectinately known as "Chewy."

Giving your children first names that start with the same letter is a popular trend. Most families need to think of only two or three such names, but coming up with double-digit number of names can be quite a task if you have a large family. The Cox family in North Carolina gave its eleven children names beginning with "Z": Zadie, Zadoc, Zeber, Zylphia, Zenobia, Zernial Zeslie, Zeola, Zero, Zula, and Zelbert. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Arkansas used "J" names for all sixteen of their children: Joshua, John David, Janna, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, and Johanna.

(I've heard about the Duggars before... and Zero Cox?! HAHAHAHA! Couldn't they have picked some other name for the kid... like, say, Zachary?!)


LiveJournal name
Time you get up
Coffee or tea?
Cereal or toast?
What you feel like doing:Sleeping
What you want to do, but can't:Eat out the house
Energy boost or none:Maybe...?
Chance you'll go back to bed:
51%
This Fun Quiz created by Puddinchan at BlogQuiz.Net
Libra Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home