Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bad Baby Names, Part I: Brought to You by the Letter Y

Part I: Brought to You by the Letter Y


My 3 year old's name is Charles d'Artagnan. (after the musketeer) The odd thing is that d'Artagnan (the real one)'s real name was Charles, and we did not know that when we named him, it just turned out that way. We call him d'Artagnan, too. I think this is a fun name.


Yeah. His real name. I'd love to hear the 3-year-old pronounce it, too.







I like Brendan. and for a girl - Egwene.


Called Egg-ween or "Ewwie" for the rest of her life.








Brooklyn Makenzie or Alexia for a girl, and Hunter Gage, Justus Brice, or Darian for a boy and...
The name Jaden for a girl or boy


Child grows up to become character in Danielle Steele novel.








I'm having a girl...

For the first name, I like Mercedes, Michaela, Marissa, Madison, and Makenzie.
For a middle name, I like Alezae'(Alize) like the liquor.


Nothing like being named after a cheap mass market spritzer to define your personality.







,
We aren't having kids for another year or two, but we
like Kellyna Nychole, Taryn Mykah, and Mykenzie Kathryn for girls.


This woman was indicted under the Flagrant Over-Use of the Letters K and Y Act of 1983.







I've suggested to my sister that she name her little girl to be - Manchester. She's not sure about it, but she's considering. What do you think?


Clever. Like being named Pittsburg or Schenectady. Kid'll grow up to be beaten to death by Liverpool fans.







I once met a lady named Rodana. I think she runs a successful Internet business.


In her spare time, she destroys Tokyo.








Brayden,Makynzi,or Karsyn

Tyler, Preston,or Mason


Makynzi: Name or vanity license plate? Type of blade or rogue Japanese crime outifit?







I like the name Aynslie for a girl and Beckley for a boy.



Weren't they the leaders of the snooty frat in Animal House?







I like the name Tegwin for my third child. My two children have uncommon names that are easy to pronounce and spell. I am compelled to use something original... ideas???


Yes. Jump off a bridge. Your kid sounds like an elfin creature in a Tolkien book.







This is for my niece, Dawn. She is expecting a baby girl in September. I suggested that they name her Dusk. What does everyone think?


I think her granddaughter Nighttime would not approve. Or her grand-neices Afterhours and Graveyardshift.








So far we have come up with;

Boys: Finn, Drake, Regan, Hazen, Tannith

Girls: Mehina, Miette, Acenzion, Reina, Sarika, Taise.


Ooh! Anagrams! I want my family tree to look like a Jumble game from the back of the Sunday Sports section. Extr;a credit for u'se of sem'colons. Wait a minute.... Semicolynn!





Does anyone have any suggestions? We are all up for exotic names. We especially like Japanese names, but have yet to find any that strike us.

There's always Rodana.






I was thinking of naming my son Toolio. Does anyone know the origin on that one?

---[Jane] DeSac


Toolio DeSac. Boy, can't think of any way that kid'll get picked on. That's one taunt-proof name there!






Beaufort Michael.


It's French for "handsome and strong."


Especially works if he's an after-dinner port. I'm naming my kid Voiturenez. It's French for "Automobile nose."







I'm thinking about naming my baby "Zannia Amari Smith," but whenever I tell people other than my family, they just look at me and say "that's different."



I guess people are put off by weird names like Smith.









Andreana Calida [last name]

Damita Nicole [last name]

Adoncia Noella [last name]

Kamaria May [last name]

Elliot Ness [last name]


In order: An earthquake fault, a cheesy snack chip, a giant snake, a fried octopus appetizer, and an untouchable are not things to name your child after.







How about Shellsea?... It's like Chelsea, but softer. A nice middle name with it would be Summer.

Shellsea Summer...


Oh, I love that Cat Stevens song!







And now, the Random Letter Family. When we last left the Random Letters, they were trying to name their twin girls, probably produced through Evil Science Somehow Involving Oprah.

Jayln Marie

Ammie Lynne

Kesleigh Abigail

Cydnee Elizabeth

McKayla Mercy


Yes. Please. Mercy.



Brinley Grace

Rebekah Lynne

Ashlee Hope

Makenna Faith

Mackenzie Susan


Susan? Couldn't it at least be Soosynn?


Nikola Kate

Quinn Allyse
(or Elise)

Madaline Sarai (not Sara)

Kaitlyne Nicole

Tayler Emmaleigh


Quinn Allyse, Medycyn Womyn!


Savannah Jaclyn(we really like that one)

Skylar Jane

Jothan Riley
(Joe-than)



Jothan Musk, for a man or a woman


McKaty Alyson

Blayre Michelle

Scarlette Brooke



Blayre, rhymes with Larry. Scarlette: a small Scarl.






For a girl Tierrainney Mackanzie [last name]

for a boy Tristin Gabrielle Reese [last name]



Oh yeah. Every boy wants Gabrielle as a middle name. And that girl's name could use a few more syllables. Hell, if you're going to give your kid a cool super-villain name like Tyranny, spell it right!






I named my daughter Madyson Caite and I regret doing that because every little girl in the last 3 or 4 years has been named Madison. Everyone compliments it, but I still hate it. I would rather call her Caite (Kate), but am not sure. Please, everyone, pick something normal for your child. If you choose something different and unique, please don't keep following the trends of Madisons and Mackenzies and Taylors and Destinys. This is getting old.


Oh, you think it's getting old? I'm sure little Madyson isn't going to find it old... nooooo. Hindsight's a bitch, ain't it?





....and finally:

DAKOTA BEAR for a boy.


Only if your last name's Rabinowitz.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home