Sunday, April 11, 2010

I know the "homo" joke, man! / Weird call from Candy / Procrastination

Relevant Taiwan conversation:

[21:15:30] Corey: anyway, just tell that kid he's a homo, and see what he says. if he disagrees, keep insisting that he really is
[21:15:38] Corey: then after a while, you can explain what a homo sapien is
[21:16:28] Corey: that's one great thing about Jane :P she doesn't know any of those stupid kid jokes, so I can ask her if she's a homo sapien, and she'll say "NO!!!"
[21:27:24] Flami: that wouldn't be appropriate (telling Matthew that he is a homo) because it's a church program :P and I'm supposed to be an example to the kids, besides.
[21:28:11] Corey: a homo sapien isn't anything bad, don't be crazy
[21:35:12] Flami: you said a homo, not a homo sapien
[22:11:28] Flami: disconnected again
*snip of irrelevant conversation*
[00:12:46] Flami: your MSN is crazy
[00:27:06] Corey: no, yours is :P you're the one that seems to keep going offline without it showing me, which is what happens when I'm at home, too
[00:31:16] Flami: yeah, but you seemingly don't get entire messages!
[00:36:45] Corey: well, the internet connection has been a bit weird for the last few days here, so part of it might be my end
[00:38:23] Flami: could be....
[00:44:42] Corey: so did you get my message about being stuck here alone until Thursday? Jane's off to Korea and China on business
[00:48:44] Flami: no, I didn't


Soon after my last post, Candy unexpectedly called me. I almost forgot I had the phone on, so wondered who'd be calling me past 1 AM! She talked to me about some band named Step Echo, the drummer Brian Hamilton being really good, commenting on a video, his not missing a beat when one of his sticks broke (so he brought out the big ones!), wondering why I tagged her (I was going to write a status message anyway about how Dave Wong would like Oddee - and added her in), non-flash / non-tungsten pictures, and being up for about 22 hours. Of course it's going to kill you if you get up at 6:30 AM, and are still up at 4:15 AM! Sarah G. saw my status, and told me to say hi to Candy - I did indeed do that!



You Shouldn't Procrastinate



While procrastinating is a good strategy for some people, it doesn't really work for you.

Deadlines make you feel pressured, and a creeping deadline is a recipe for disaster.



Instead, you should just plug away at getting what needs to be done finished... even if it's painful.

Once you've completed your task, it will be a huge relief. And then you can go have some fun!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home