Saturday, April 10, 2010

"YOU HOMO!"

Turned out I had JUST enough time to take a shower, since Henry called to say he was outside as soon as I was finished! Good thing I'd defrosted my pot pie before I went to take the shower, so cooked it for the required time, then dumped it in a Ziploc container along with a spoon so I could eat it in the kitchen when I got to church. It was stressful because he'd called a little earlier than I thought he would! On the way to church, we talked about his sneezing cat / taking medicine (and the body's natural immune system) / snow on the mountains / weird weather and windstorms / my mom's expectations from her garage sale ($7.50 is a bad take - better luck on Craigslist, but NOT $100!) / junk. Got to church and ate my lunch in the kitchen (washing my dishes also), then came out to help Golden and Chrystal with counting the money - special Quebec toonie and some special Olympics quarters were good, as well as some more laundry money! I don't keep track of the special coins anymore thanks to certain people, but it's still good to have them!

Chris and Sabrina reminded me to sign up for helping at Vacation Bible School during the last two weeks of August - if something changes, I'll let them know! Rosenda's older son Ian didn't want to go in, yet his brother Gabriel seemed happy to see his grandmother Auntie May! Matthew Ma #2 called Eric T. something very insulting when he didn't get his way. "YOU HOMO!" he said, in front of EVERYONE... BAD BOY! Auntie Rebecca asked me and Chrystal whether we were attending the Fellowship retreat in Whistler - nope, so we'll go to the FREE Awana park outing instead that weekend! I gave Chrystal her birthday card, and we talked about Richie's farewell / the Canucks-Flames game / Jon cooking Pad Thai tonight / hanging out sometime so she can take the Canada Line to Richmond. She'd feel guilty about attending the farewell since she doesn't really know Richie: "Hi! I'm only here for the food..." I feel guilty for eating the meals from the food Sunday School class, but at least I pay for it myself... and it still has more sanity than the alternative! Conor was being cheerful as usual - YAY!

I saw Christon, Jon, Jeremy, and Mr. Creep going to the kitchen with a bunch of stuff at about 5:30. Jeremy saw me through the door, and nodded in greeting - I waved back, but I had to make it quick since Mr. Creep was right behind him! Harmony came out of the kitchen a while later, and tapped me on the shoulder from behind - I am not a big fan of that, but whatever. I asked her if she'd heard about dark chocolate Cadbury mini-eggs... she hadn't, but figured I'd gotten them on sale. Definitely, and I put the package in a Ziploc bag when I got home! (can share tomorrow) Ian wanted to get home by 7 to watch STAR WARS, hahaha... Ada is sick with a headache since she works twelve to fourteen hours a day sometimes! Not surprised! My grand plans for tonight: laundry, catching up, and calling Eric later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home