Monday, March 08, 2010

Mr. Creep really should stop bothering people! / 35th anniversary! / Sandra Bullock

Eric picked me up this morning, and he joked that I owed him a million dollars. I instead gave him two, since that was his change from Subway the other night. He'll have to be satisfied with that, haha. Discussed a bunch of random stuff (plus wedding invitations - Joe - and the Olympic mascots - I AM NOT SPOILING THE KIDS!), and he possibly could have watched the Oscars tonight. When I got to the church, Auntie Esther saw me - she's definitely nice! Inside, I saw Quan, so asked where her sister was: "She died." NICE! Mr. Creep saw me since he was talking to the people who were on the worship team (STOP BOTHERING PEOPLE!), so said hi. In a perfectly tired tone of voice, I told him to stop hitting on me. I know he's not hitting on me, and I don't think that anyone who says hi to me IS doing that... but if I say something clearly ridiculous like that, maybe he'll STOP!

I talked to Emily / Nina / Gerard about the Olympic mascots for a bit after saying hi to Johnny. Saw Hien, so we completed our monetary transaction; good thing the table in the foyer was empty! Her mom thanked me, heh... it wasn't a problem! Kept on looking at the elevator, as if I expected to see my parents at any minute - good thing the morning service let out before that happened, so I went in the sanctuary quickly.

Said hi to Jeremy, Ivan (who didn't get my FB message?!), Connie, Harmony, Jon, and Deb - discussed Walmart, cheap things, capitalism, arrangements, Steph's Tokyo stuff for me in a reusable CANADA bag, the weekend, yesterday's talk, and more. I was happy that I didn't have to use the same Communion tray as Mr. Creep, haha. Passed the peace civilly with Randal, which is good. Broached the tax subject with Jon and Harmony; when I said I was acting in self-defense when Mom hit me first, Jon seemed to think it was self-justification. I dunno, man... Harmony thought that Dad would be easier to talk to than Mom. TOO TRUE! Good thing my mom isn't going to discuss the sermon with me anytime soon - it'll be more fodder for her "you should be eternally grateful!" Asian Mom thing. BLEH!

After that, I said hi to Andrea / Emily Choi / Mike T. / Megan (with a pretty princess crown) / Allison before moving into the fellowship hall. Got some coffee, baguette bits, and salsa while saying hi to Keenan (whose dad Tim said he wouldn't get any snacks if he didn't say hi back) - still cute! I thought I saw Dave from the other side of the room, but didn't want to look like a stalker. As it happened, he made the first move when I was by the table - I asked where he'd been, and he was cycling since it made him feel better. Sounds good to me, man! I liked how he leaned down to hear what I was saying when I said that I didn't want to be a total stalker! He laughed and said my post added some color to his Facebook wall - fair enough!

Luckily, I saw Auntie Anita outside the fellowship hall, so briefly explained the letter I got - I was happy to let her take it so she could look at it later! Met new people named Katie and Grace, and Quan said that her mom was yelling at Hien to go to bed at 3:30 AM. (they share a room - Quan is kept up by her sister's typing) Went upstairs to toddler Sunday School, and saw Michelle L.'s sister Jessie - she has two kids now, but her son has a most weird name: RANEN?! Not a typo for "Ramen," I assure you! (his younger sister's name is Shira - their cousins Ryan and Ethan are about 10 and 8 now) Told the kids why I wasn't there last week, but left the descriptions of crowd insanity out of my explanation. Amanda was feeding me toy food - so cute! David and Evelyn seemed to like their DORA / THOMAS books - I knew they liked those things! Their mom Linda told them to kiss me on the cheek - CUTE!

Conor wanted me to see that he could put shapes back in a box - so cool! I didn't mind when he wanted to see the boat visual aid (Jesus walking on water!), because then he could take it home too! Since I know he wants to hug me, I let him do that within reason. Amos was wearing a Quatchi shirt, too. Jason was just around, but not crying a lot like last year. After that, I went downstairs to see what was going on for lunch - Mr. Creep had already reserved a table for us at HAPPY KING. WHY HIM?!!!! Although I must say that it's much less stressful telling Eric that I don't need a ride home as opposed to my parents. He asked whether I was going with them, I said yes, and he was like "Okay." Not "I'm going with people to do this!" "OH MY GOD!!! DO YOU HAVE A RIDE HOME?!!!!?" *rolleyes* (I get that Mom is concerned, but MAN...)

Jon, Harmony, and I saw Grandma with Pastor Ted and Auntie Grace. We talked to them for a bit, and told Grandma that she'd be 90 next week. Grandma thought that Harmony's birthday was before hers, but that's not the case! Jon joked that we'd make her drink a lot of beer, haha. At lunch, I was okay as long as I didn't turn to face Christon; I chose my seat with some strategy, heh. Talked about genuine Christian fellowship, what we as Christians are called to do (love and not like - in general, sure), the Whistler retreat, food, seafood, Cordia and Lanie also getting baptized at Easter with Jen, Harmony's new job, Wesley, Lesley, Dylan, Deb, vegetables, survey answers about the number of ingredients in Chicken McNuggets, pasta, Nate not changing a bit (based on his Facebook / blog posts), and more. I didn't give an answer when Mr. Creep asked us whether we'd be at dinner tonight - it kinda helps that I'm an introvert. Or maybe what I said to him earlier finally shut him up when it comes to me - I'm sure Eric will have something to say about it on Friday, though!

Spent a lot of time at Chapters, where I heard some teen try to convince his mom that the F in F MY LIFE meant "flowers." HAHAHAHA! His argument of "But these stories are on a website!" was met with "But you don't know if these are true!" (he wanted her to buy it for him, heh) Read about weird 911 calls, the mother-daughter relationship, and craziness - found a FARTS humor book, and looked for REALLY large-print Bibles. Had a buttered scone at Blenz after some Chapters employee called me out for wearing a dragon hat, then bused to church after FINALLY getting a 9 which went further than Broadway Station.

The church was absolutely PACKED, with tables EVERYWHERE! Saw Harrison and his mom at the elevator, and noted that my mom scrunched down in her seat as I passed. I'm not going to say hi to you, so you don't need to do that! Spotted Rich, Christon, Karen, and Lincoln, so went around with them. Asked Rich to carry my stuff upstairs - I saw Dave, which was good. SO MUCH FRIED STUFF! (wonton, patties, yam fries, duck, etc.) There was beef, steak, salad, fruit, red bean stars, desserts, and more besides. Said hi to Michelle C.'s sister Emily, and had to ask her again for her name - yikes! Talked to Grandma for a bit when the dessert lineup happened. Upstairs, Rich and I talked to the others about Steph getting Harmony some bright pink underwear from a Tokyo store and NOT a vending machine! Apparently, Dylan was quite taken aback by the color! Discussed the HST, as well.

After I ate, I went downstairs to see what was going on. Harrison said hi to me - cool. Saw my dad without my mom for once, but was too scared to approach him about the taxes - and I'm not scared of TOO much! Talked to Andrea, Cindy, Dianne, and Dave about stuff. Dave noticed my dragon hat - I TOLD YOU THAT I HAD ONE OF THOSE! Liked his tiger shirt, but of course didn't say so. I was fine with sitting in the sanctuary, but I wanted to be in a different section than my parents. Sat near Jonathan, Jeremy, David Ho, Steven, Andrea the Awana kid, Martin, Billy, Danny, Benedict, Reigan, Jinny, Aaron, Jason the Awana leader, and others, Saw Allison, Anita, Jeff, Joshua, Keenan, Tim, and Maxine too.

I saw Mr. Creep go up to Rob Stewart (the district superintendent) and his wife, then introduce himself. STOP TRYING TO INGRATIATE YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE! The slide shows recycled older slides - 33 years of stuff instead of 35?! It was interesting, though. Later, I talked to Golden and Mike about stuff. Nathan and Natalie just liked popping the balloons. I said hi to Grandma, who wanted to know if I were going with them - I would NOT put myself in danger! She asked if White Kid was driving me home, but I told her that he wasn't there because he was sick! (close enough, since I don't know how to say "he has the flu" or "he's recovering and resting from being sick")

Then I was asked by my dad (who was ALONE) whether I had a ride - I accidentally called Uncle Joel by another name! I was thinking of his son Sam, and said "Uncle Sam" without checking to see if it was correct, oops. (I needed sleep...) I seized the opportunity to ask about the tax stuff - next week should be fine. Trust me, it's well worth it to wait around a lot for Uncle Joel (in the kitchen) than to be in the same car as my mom! It wasn't too bad waiting for him with that in mind, heh. Catching up on the entire day when I got home wasn't too terrible, either. Found Japanese crackers, Watering Kiss Mint gum, dark chocolate fudge Clodhoppers, a package of peanuts ("Energy for the Good Life!"), chocolate pie, and some sort of spicy sauce in a tube from my sister - great! Also discovered that I'd somehow left the fridge door ajar ALL DAY - no more leftover pizza since that definitely contains meat and cheese! To be safe, I also threw away the Ribena / chili sauce / butter. Crisis, I curse you! Vanessa also left me a message on MSN about some dinner that I apparently made a Facebook reference to - probably tonight's.


Trivia fact for Monday, Mar. 8: In the 2000 movie Miss Congeniality, which state did Sandra Bullock represent in her role as an FBI undercover agent posing as a beauty pageant contestant? New Jersey.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home